Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Wedding Dresses

'Tis the season of engagements. That, plus kellsmuneoka's thread about Ridiculous Prices and IllegallyBlonde's Engagement Rings thread, made me start wondering about wedding dresses. If you're married, what was your dress like? If not, what is your dream dress? How much are you willing to spend?

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Although I'm engaged, I haven't even started looking for a dress because we won't start planning the wedding until my fiance moves up here...but that should be happening soon! My research has now begun by watching marathons of Say Yes to the Dress lol.

Anyway, rant and rave away!

Re: Wedding Dresses

I would love to get married in the month of October, Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday. I would love a black & white dress. Here are two of my favs. 

These are so cool for Halloween. I love the vampy lip in the first pic!

I loved that too.  Smiley Happy

Oh my gosh, the first one! Very pretty! Smiley Very Happy

October would be my ideal wedding month as well.

OH OH OH!! I love this!!!!!! I told hubby if he wanted to re-marry me every year I would be just fine with that ( just to get to buy/wear another dress) I dont want any other aspect of the big wedding junk- JUST THE DRESS. In fact, we had a small mountain chapel wedding and the one stipulation I had was I had to have the most perfect amazing dress. All the other details I could care less. I had the man and all I wanted was the dress of my dreams Smiley Happy

These pictures are so fabulous.

I just had to add my picturs to this thread...I LOVED my wedding dress...found it onlne for less than $150...my bridesmaid's dresses  were more than that!  By the way...it was FREEZING that day...it snowed on June1!!!!  but it was a beautiful wedding.  I now use my wedding dress as a part of my wedding display.  I took a bunch of stuff from the wedding and made a nice shelf full of wedding memories...and the dress is like the "tablecloth" for the shelf...it's beautiful!

I have a few dream dresses.

The 1st and 3rd ones are absolutely gorgeous!!!!

This was my wedding dress. We were going to get married in a court house or in Vegas, but then I watched that one HUGE/amazing wedding proposal on TV with the flash mob and I started bawling my eyes out and realized I wouldn't be happy with that lol. So we hired a minister, a photographer and I bought a dress on clearance and was much happier in the end Smiley Happy

This was my wedding dress. I still love it many years later.

I love weddings, but I never wanted one.

Huge congrats btw!!! I hope you have fun planning & find an amazing dress.

I am a huge sucker for Vera Wang's dresses.

This one is stunning and there are SO many more!

I'm becoming inspired by these dresses, gonna have to send the boyfriend on here to check out this post. See which dress he'd like :-D. I want something elegant, not too blingy but something that'll be breathtaking !. Ahhh the fun of planning a wedding !

Be careful! The wedding message boards always have messages from women who are in a panic because their fiance saw a dress in a magazine on on TV and made a flippant, negative remark about it.

He will like WHATEVER you wear. 

that's what my wedding dress looked like, I fell in love with and I still love it!!

Then my dress flares out at the bottom. I'm 6' and it fit like a dream. 

When my last boyfriend & I were discussing our eventual wedding (which was supposed to take place earlier this year), I actually bought a dress to save for the occasion:

The idea was to have a very small, intimate wedding in Hawaii (most likely just him & me) and I thought the shimmery bamboo-like print was perfect for a tropical setting, and I loved the way the chiffon draped. I loved the simple, elegant style too. Nothing poofy or pretentious, no trains to get ruined in the sand. The fit was incredibly flattering too. Almost everything about this dress seemed perfect.

But of course the wedding didn't happen and I returned the dress. That was a unique sort of disappointment that I hope none of you ever have to experience.

It's been a month and a half since we broke up so I was reluctant to even post this because it reminds me of our ill fated plans. Smiley Sad

That's life though.

Midnight angel, I'm really sorry to hear that! 

I don't know if this will help or be salt in the wound, but the dress I'm wearing in the post below was not bought for that wedding.

I had an engagement end about two months before I met my now husband. My dress was custom and couldn't be returned or cancelled and came in just after the wedding was called off. 

In the end, everything has worked out for the best. It hurt then, but there were some amazingly cathartic moments on the way back to feeling like myself again. I wish you all the best on this road. XO

Thanks, Aggiegirl2012.

Sorry for your loss but glad things worked out for you in the end. Smiley Happy

I didn't like your post because I like the fact of this but I liked it because you spoke out. Maybe things will mend out between yall in due time? I hope you aren't too saddened, you've always got all of us on BT for support. I think the print on that dress would have went great with the Hawaii idea, very pretty and beachy perfection!

Thanks, Spyski.

Definitely no desire to reconcile with the ex. I'm glad I didn't marry him like I hoped/planned to, but breakups always suck even if they're for the best.

Whenever I daydream about my future wedding dress, two designers come to my mind.

MARCHESA

FRANCIS LIBIRAN (Filipino Designer)

Highlighted

Wow amazing, I love the details on the 2nd to last dress.

<3 Melissa

I'm obsessed with that Marchesa dress in the top-left corner! Smiley Happy

I just loved Dannii Minogue's wedding dress. Quite simple yet pretty and stylish.

http://www.danniishop.com/

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos60
  • 199925_1019178167179_3048_n.jpg
  • 207521_1019177247156_6875_n.jpg
  • New_England_Nautical_Theme_for_Southern_Wedding_WillettPhotography_occasionsonline_-069.jpg
  • New_England_Nautical_Theme_for_Southern_Wedding_WillettPhotography_occasionsonline_-111.jpg
  • upload_6772960581086549171.jpg
  • lovely.jpg
  • boho.jpg
  • asfd.jpg
  • upload_407119520607931032.jpg
  • upload_1714164648284367080.jpg
  • upload_7566454779436247536.jpg
  • upload_5790774607234684195.jpg
  • cf25dae33c456d57965f66b2b50d104e.jpg
  • ideal.jpg
  • upload_8086713726843531067.jpg