Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!! ALL INCLUSIVE GROUP IDEA

Calling out to all the beautiful Mx. Beauties!Hello everyone! I’ve been thinking a lot recently about community and love and life. Maybe it’s because I’m struggling with aging, and as I considered some of the unrealistic/distorted expectations and notions in our culture about what beauty is, something occurred to me: While the pressure to stay looking “young” for women vs men is out of balance and pervasive, I am very lucky that my gender identity is respected and accepted. I want that for EVERYONE!! What if we requested a group to celebrate the beauty of everyone? I want to live in a society where everyone feels welcome and included and vibrant! I want to hear from all the fabulous people that identify as cis, trans*, non-binary, and every other way a person can identify too! A group like that would be really cool to me. Thoughts?!

Re: WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!! ALL INCLUSIVE GROUP IDEA

Hi @ElleDamarius and sorry for replying late on this - I didn't see your initial post until today! We created two new and inclusive groups that I think you'll be happy to see 🙂 

Trans is Beautiful is a group and safe space for anyone under the trans umbrella, including non-binary, trans femme, and trans masc. Allies are also welcome. Here's the link to that group or you can find it by clicking on Groups: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trans-is-Beautiful/bd-p/Trans-is-Beautiful-tips

Deeper Shades is a group for our beauties with deeper skin tones - we know that the beauty industry hasn't always done a great job representing deeper skin tones. This group is meant to be a resource for the needs of those with deeper skin tones, a place to bond, and much more. See the group here to check out all the lovely conversations happening now: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Deeper-Shades/bd-p/Deeper-Shades-tips

WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!! ALL INCLUSIVE GROUP IDEA

we are all beautiful because we are all different☺I'm in❤

RE: Re: WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!! ALL INCLUSIVE GROUP IDEA

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! I’m so glad to hear that the community is warm and wonderful, which has been my experience also. You raise a good point, and I hadn’t thought about it that way. I know it is difficult for many that are underrepresented in mainstream culture to chime in publicly, and my thoughts were more to encourage participation and reinforce unity in that great vibe you described. I certainly would never intend for anything to be separatist. Thanks again 🙂
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing