Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Valentine's day!!!!!!!!

Once again I don't have a boyfriend for valentine's day but that's ok I'm totally fine with it more valentine's love for my mom and brother! But it got me curious what are all you guys and girls getting your sweethearts for valentines day?

Re: Valentine's day!!!!!!!!

Totally lame, but I'm getting my hubby a new GPS. He loves tech stuff and the newer ones have a bigger screen (the perils of growing older Smiley Sad ) and lots of new functions.

I am hoping for a new necklace. Hint, hint.

My mom got a new GPS like you describe those are really nice, I have my fingers crossed that you get a new necklace!

Ohh then you need to hop in the trade thread that Sydney made so we can make a trade and I can send you a little extra box of chocolate. Haha. 

I already have high suspicions of what he is getting me since he just got me a charm bracelet for Christmas and said theres another charm to come soon sooo....Smiley Happy and he will probably have dinner or something planned too. 

goodness idk what to do for him though to reciprocate I know I'm definitely going to make a note the size of a poster with some of the words replaced with candy because he has a major sweet tooth. I'm not sure what else to do though. I'll steal some of you guys ideas Smiley Wink

Lol I like you idea!

I usually bake something. Last year it was cookies and the year before it was a cake. I hate trying to buy him anything because he never says he wants anything.  

We bake too, we bring a bunch of baked goods to the people we know that don't have a valentine or just recently lost a loved one

We intentionally don't do Valentine's Day - we both have a bad history with it and prefer not to. We don't hate it or anything, we just bypass it and make our anniversary in April more of a thing. Smiley Happy 

Makes sense, and besides your anniversary is a bigger deal than Valentine's Day

My husband always brings me roses and chocolates from a little shop down in the Old Market.  That's it.  

I can never think of anything to do for him besides the occasional naughty present - but that's only been a couple of times when something caught my eye. 

That's sweet of your husband

My fiance always insists that Valentine's Day is a guys --> girls holiday, which I think is silly, but we usually have a low key time.  Go out to dinner together and get each other cards.  Sometimes he does the roses and chocolates, but we both know the chocolates will be mostly consumed by him.  Oh, and then I make him get up early on Feb 15 and buy a bunch of 1/2 price candy! Between Xmas and his Birthday just a couple of weeks before Valentines, I usually don't have any gift ideas left for him!

This year since we are saving up for the wedding/honeymoon we will definitely be doing a low key Valentines Day!  Maybe I will cook a nice dinner for us (although I also do that most nights, so nothing special there!)

I do the same thing buy a ton of half price candy,my friends call the day after a holiday the real holiday due to the half price candy!

I have never made my husband get me anything for Valentines Day ( My birthday is 2 weeks afterwards). I'd rather have an awesome b-day gift. Which of course, would be a Sephora gift card! However, since I have kids I do order them Mrs. Fields cookies. They love it.

Aww, that's a neat tradition

is it okay for a girl to get her crush a valentines day little gift? or should the guy only do it?

I think it fine to get your crush a gift, if you do it let us know how it goes!

and if a girl is getting her crush a gift, what should it be? a cute teddy,chocolate or what?!

I think you should do something that shows your personality, and shows that you know him. You could do a hand-made card, or bake him some of his favorite cookies - whatever sort of thing you like doing and that you think he'd enjoy!

He'd be more likely to keep/remember something that is less generic and store-bought. Guys *usually* don't cuddle with a teddy bear at night, but they love eating and smiling at your creativity. Apparently, my fiance has kept all of my hand-made cards for him, from even before we were dating!

My hubby does the same thing! He's mor sentimental than I am about our correspondence, he even has a file on his computer of every email we exchanged at the beginning of our courtship, and that file has found a home on every computer he's upgraded to over the last 13 years Smiley Very Happy

Bake cookies! Smiley Very Happy That'll be cute!

45 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • vdaydress.jpg
  • cookies
  • flowers