Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Usernames

So today I was thinking about usernames and was just wondering how everyone came up with theirs and if there is any special meaning behind them? 

I came up with mine before I discovered BT and in the most boring way possible haha. It's just my first initial and last name.

Note: I saw a topic on this but it was from 2011 and only a few people posted lol so I thought this might be fun to bring up again.

Re: Usernames

I love cats and mine is one of my cats' names Smiley Happy

Spoiler

That's cute! I have a lot of cats so I would have a hard time choosing just one to use as a name lol.

My nickname and middle name! Mitt and Renae 

If I could change my username I probably would have incorporated my middle name. I usually go by meaganelizabeth on other sites but didn't think about it for Sephora since it was so long ago.

I Heart kimchi....hahaha  it was going to be koreankimchikween for the alliteration but wasn't b/c of the initials...

Haha! Kimchee is so good though. I remember this one time my dad came home with a huge tub of it and it was gone within the week, I didn't even get to have any lol

My first name starts with a "k" and my last name with "alex."  On some websites I'm Kalex00 (my oldest was born in "00) if just kalex is already taken.

Our username formats are similar then! 

Ooh this is a fun question! Britlee is a nickname some of my friends came up with randomly one day because it combines the first part of my first name (Brittany) and my last name (not going to say the full name for privacy reasons because it is extremely rare, as in I have never heard of another person outside of my family that has the same last name, but the first 3 letters are Lee). And then 303 is the area code for where I live...it probably sounds strange to use that but a lot of people around here just refer to the area as "the 303" so it makes more sense to them. Plus Britlee rhymes with 303 and I created my username to be the same as my email address so I could actually remember it, and when I created my gmail account the username Britlee was (surprisingly) already taken

I refer to a lot of the areas around me by are code too lol. I come from "the 626." Isn't it odd having a rare last name? I've never met anyone outside of my family with mine either, and since most of us are women, the last name has slowly been disappearing. I'm considering just amending mine if I ever get married, not changing it completely.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that uses area codes haha. But seriously that is exactly how I feel! I actually love having a unique last name (except when people can never pronounce it lol) but I totally would consider keeping it when i get married too! My dad only has a sister and my parents had 2 girls so we are the last ones carrying on the name which makes me sad Smiley Sad I guess I will just have to negotiate with my future husband and get him to agree to incorporate it into our kids names too!

My dad is the only son of an only son who only had one son LOL- who then only had a daughter! So I hyphenated to carry on my last name a little longer! Smiley Happy The only time I regret it is when signing large stacks of legal documents since both my last names have 6+ letters! Smiley Tongue

Ooh yeah I can imagine that that would not be fun! Luckily mine only has 6 letters but I don't even have a boyfriend currently so who knows what I will end up with my husband. Sometimes I secretly hope that I will end up with someone with a horrible last name that they hate and so they want to use my last name instead lol...I highly doubt that would ever happen, but a girl can dream, right?

Definitely!!! Smiley Happy

Well my name is Ariel, and just for kicks i put a bunch of aaaaaaaaa's at the end!

I always imagine somebody yelling out your username 

Lol! That never occurred to me! Smiley Tongue

Makes me think of stellaaaaaaaaa

That's kind of what I thought too!  Only more like a "dancing" or "playful" yelling.  Like leaping through the air and yelling your name kind of thing.

Exactly! It just sounds exciting haha

We'll mine is KayEyeGal because we'll for obvious reasons I wear a cat eye a lot and I like cats, I like dogs too lol. And everyone can guess gal Smiley Happy I didn't ow either that the usernames are for the beauty talk thing.

haha Mine is because my EX bf used to call me beeberz but that was when it was cute and new. Way before Justin Beiber LOL

Haha good to know, I always just thought it was a Justin Beiber reference!

haha no im not a fan, but he does bring on the smolder!

223 Replies