Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Usernames

So today I was thinking about usernames and was just wondering how everyone came up with theirs and if there is any special meaning behind them? 

I came up with mine before I discovered BT and in the most boring way possible haha. It's just my first initial and last name.

Note: I saw a topic on this but it was from 2011 and only a few people posted lol so I thought this might be fun to bring up again.

Re: Usernames

Well, mine's not very interesting, but Tracy is my actual name, and, obviously, I'm a girl. lol. But, the 64 is because my grandpa passed away at the age of 64 and that is a way of me remembering him.

Welllll, I was getting kinda desperate and worried because you can't change the username and finally decided on a two-word description of one of my signature lipsticks: Clinique's Bamboo Pink 

I have Bamboo Pink! I can't remember the last time I used it though lol.

Highlighted

A friend in high-school was shortening everyones names and we realized mine was a character from Dexter's Laboratory, ironically I am now a chemist so I feel it's quite fitting

Love it!  Now I have that laugh in my head.

I love using it as my username on like literally everything (:

That's great! I loved Dexter's Lab.

I came up with mine when i was like 3 (it is pronounced ñunka,like in piña-colada, not "n-hunka") it means "little one" 

So i have been using mine ever since i was three 

Mine was given to me when I was born in Russia, because I was born the year of the rabbit, and Russians LOOOOOOVE rabbits and it's an endearing term, like "honey" here in the US. 

Then in elementary school kids called me bunny because I had an overbite.

Then my husband started calling me bunny too, years ago...because when I get excited I do like blast beats with my feet on the floor.

The V instead of U is because that's more kvlt. (We listen to and make fun of norwegian black metal a lot)

This is a neat thread, I enjoy learning why everyone picked their name. My username is quite unoriginal, I am never good at picking names for sites so mine is just a combination of part of my first name with an added y and my middle name.

Mine came from the owner of a bar I used to go to. I was purchasing one of their shirts, but they didn't have one small enough for me in stock. So she had one custom made for me, and the back of it said "Pip-Squeek" and the nickname just stuck. The numbers have a special meaning to me...I'll keep that part to myself though Smiley Wink

Mine is what my career consists of. "Future Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Future Ped NP." Smiley Happy In my second trimester of nursing school now! <3

I'm a pediatric nurse and have been for a little over 9 months, and that's my goal too! Smiley Happy

When I first came to BT I had an obsession with purple so that's where it came from. Everything of mine except clothes and beauty things were purple. Various shades. Smiley Happy I still love purple don't get me wrong, but I've gravitated toward black and white with a bit of turquoise thrown in. It looks chic and grown up. Smiley Happy

You're like my coworker Melanie, except her favorite color is green lol. Everything on her desk is some shade of green!

Mine's from a Pat Benetar song.

I love that song…the video was the best, even if it scared me as a kid (haha).

love Pat!!!!

My real name is Michelle, but my mom doesn't know how to pronounce my name because she speaks "Engrish" and pronounces it as meecheroo lol

How cute. Are you part Japanese? 

Yes, half, although I don't think I look it.

I am Japanese American, too. But a yonsei from So Cali. That's how I could tell your mom was probably Japanese. Smiley Happy

I always thought you were hapa japanese from your avatar Smiley Happy I'm half chinese!

If your mom named you, then SHE gets to decide how it's pronounced ;-) You're forever Meecheroo with an odd way of spelling it. Kidding! I think that's so cute, though 

Mine is because.... I'm blonde... BUT I'm a "fake" blonde ..hence "illegally" lol

Shortstuff was a nick name from a good friend in high school, sadly he and I don't speak any more.  07 is the year I graduated from high school.  

3 Replies