cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

US Secret Santa 2021

iAuS0pc.png

It’s time yet again! Just reusing the thread from last year cause why not? I am pleased to host the BT Secret Santa for the seventh (I mean that sounds right? Maybe not?) year!

The rules are pretty much the same as the last few years!  

Rules:

1. US only

2. Must have a minimum of 600 posts on BT and be an active poster within the past two months! This is a community activity so participants should be an active part of said community.

3. You must make an account on elfsfer! That’s where the wishlists will be and the drawing will take place! Make sure your wishlists are updated with proper SHADE information and your address. 

4. The spending minimum is $50. Meaning you can buy one item that is $50 and have it count or multiple items to total up to $50! And as per usual, you can spend over on your elf if you so choose!

5. If there is even the slightest possible hint that you're going to buy something on your wishlist, do not put it on your wish list!

6. Include a gift receipt if the item your buying includes shade selection!

Deadlines

Spoiler

- To Sign Up:  November 3nd..  Names will be drawn on November 4rd and elfster will send you an email with who you got. Shoot me a message and I'll send you the sign up link! I know its a little quick this year because I started late but I always try to do it with the sale.

- To Send Gift: December 11th. Gifts will need to be sent by or on this date. 

Participants

Spoiler
IttyxBittyxMe
Spoiler
any questions feel free to post them here or shoot me a PM!

Happy Santa-ing!Decret-santa

Re: US Secret Santa 2020

@CC3616 Oh my goodness.  All I can say is that it was worth the wait.  Your secret Santa showered you with tons of treats beautifully adorned with holiday cheer.  I love the merry and bright sign and the homemade Christmas card is delightful. I'm so glad you got wonderful gifts.  @eshoe  What a generous Secret Santa you are.  The decor is absolutely gorgeous and the gifts I'm sure were selected with care and so very thoughtfulful!   Enjoy your gifts and Happy New Year!

Wow, that looks worth the wait, @CC3616! I'm sorry your package had such a delay but it looks like @eshoe put together an amazing gift! I love the box decor- it's so creative and cute. And so many goodies to enjoy! 

@CC3616 The best box!!!!  @eshoe is just the best at wrapping, gifting, packing, all of it.  I am so glad that your box made it's way to you and she most definitely spoiled you with a bunch of goodies.

Enjoy all your wonderful goodies @CC3616

Thank you to my sweet elf for the kind message! I'm so sorry our local P.O distribution center is so awful! My package sat there locally for almost 2 weeks (starting december 10th- way before the big holiday rush!) and is now hiding out somewhere in the post office system between the local distribution center and my house. I have faith that it will make it soon 😃

Happy New Year everyone!

Today is the first official day of my vacation and I was surprised to see a package delivery notification from my front desk! I wasn't sure what it was but I had an inkling it was my SS package annndddd I was right!

20210102_153707.jpg

20210102_153839.jpg

My puppy was HIGHLY interested in what ever I had. 

20210102_153921.jpg

20210102_153938.jpg

 HIGHLY interested but also, CLOTH WRAPPING? I've heard people do it but I'd never actually seen it. On top of it the My Hero Academia fabric? 👌🏾

20210102_154045.jpg

20210102_155114.jpg

 All the pretties!

20210102_185447.jpg

 So I love anime, My Hero Academia is a current favorite and Hawks is my absolute favorite character (and Mirko), they're both tattoo'd on me. So these made me ESTATIC. 

20201017_085213.jpg

20210102_185507.jpg

 The Milk primer has been in my cart so I'm glad I hadn't pressed 'buy' yet. I've never actually owned a pair of Huda lashes even when I worked at Sephora so I'm excited to try them 😍 The cleanser is new territory for me annnddd the sephora stick is my all time favorite contour thats been discontinued so I'm glad I have another one!

20210102_185529.jpg

20210102_160932.jpg

20210102_185548.jpg

  This candle smells so good! My dog came over and licked it the second I opened it 🤣 The packaging is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I love the matching matches. 

20210102_185518.jpg

 Extra goodies (already got into the gummy bears).

Over all I'm OVER THE MOON. 2021 started off kinda chaoticly (Spilled bleach all over the left side of my face and body after waking up yesterday and trying to do some laundry. Eye is a little eh feeling and face feels like sunburn occurred.) so this is a nice pleasant change of pace. I am absolutely in love with everything @WinglessOne annnddd your wrapping and bow tying skills are out of this world!

@IttyxBittyxMe Such a lovely package of goodies was worth the wait.  Everything is beautifully wrapped and @WinglessOne selected the perfect gifts for you.  What a sweet, thoughtful Secret Santa!  Happy New Year to you both and I'm so glad the gift made it safely.  

@IttyxBittyxMe the otherland packaging is beautiful! enjoy your gift!

Oh @IttyxBittyxMe, it sounds (and appears!) that your Secret Santa couldn’t have been a more perfect fit for you! It is so surprise that your gifts were so uniquely wrapped by @WinglessOne. Your pup is ADORABLE, and by the looks of it, thankfully everything made it safely based on the outside of that box😳 

What a great selection of items to enjoy, @IttyxBittyxMe! Your pup is adorable btw. It looks like @WinglessOne selected the perfect gifts for you! Is the candle the silk pjs one? It sounds like a great scent!

ETA: The candle reminds me, didn't you pick up the kindling candle, @WinglessOne? How did you end up liking it?

@quspork  The Kindling candle wasn't nearly as smokey as I hoped for, but it does have a slightly charred cedar plank scent with a bit of incense sweetness. The overall fragrance reminds me of my grandfather smoking his pipe on the porch of his house. Both the house and my grandfather are gone, so this candle's a jar of fond memories—and that's reason enough for me to love it. 

And that Silk Pajamas candle... it smells so good (you can smell it without even opening the jar), I ordered one for myself after I packed that box. 😂 

Thanks for the feedback, @WinglessOne. I also had a pipe-smoking grandfather and to this day love that smell 💜

@IttyxBittyxMe looks like @WinglessOne really shopped your preferences and that wrapping is super rad. I'm glad this was a lovely way to ring in the new year. I hope it's a good one.

@IttyxBittyxMe Your box is so perfect.  @WinglessOne attention to detail and wrapping was on point.  Enjoy your wondeful goodies.  What a cool tattoo.

I have never seen cloth wrapping paper, that is so cool! Enjoy all your wonderful goodies @IttyxBittyxMe

@IttyxBittyxMe  Yay, it's finally there, and everything survived the journey! I had so much fun shopping and wrapping for you. As a fellow anime lover, as soon as I saw the Hawks necklace and earrings on your wishlist, I knew I had to theme the whole box. Instead of all the little stars and tissue snowflakes, you almost got a box full of red-dyed feathers. 😂 I'm glad I was able to brighten your day—and ouch, I hope your skin and eye recover soon! 

About the wrapping "paper": 

Spoiler

Once upon a time, a friend from Japan gave me birthday gifts wrapped in furoshiki (fabric used for this purpose) and I was hooked. Ever since, I've almost always wrap gifts in fabric. Sometimes I use pre-made fabric items, other times I make things out of fabric and then wrap other gifts with them. And sometimes I use unwashed fabric so folks can do whatever they want with it. 

The 2 fabrics you have are unwashed lightweight cotton twill, with estimated shrinkage of 5%. Now I wish I'd had time to make something out of them for your adorable pupper! Tangent: on my way to the post office with that box, a stranger's dog kept sniffing it. 🤣 I wondered which candle attracted him, and now I know! 

A couple weeks ago, I saw that Pantone's official 2021 color is a pair: Ultimate Gray and Illuminating (a yellow). So hey, the stars I chose for your box to extend the Hawks color theme are coincidentally on trend! Happy New Year! 

EDIT: love your tattoo! 

@IttyxBittyxMe 

Loved seeing everything.  Cloth wrapping paper new to me entirely, but it seemingly works.  The milk primer is cool!  Enjoy your goodies and vacation.   Your elf did you a solid.

Hope your eye feels better soon.

PXL_20201229_030721885.jpg

PXL_20201229_031008942~2.jpg

PXL_20201229_031022612~2.jpg

PXL_20201229_030859584~2.jpg

PXL_20201229_031209995~2.jpg

PXL_20201229_031303780~2.jpg

  

PXL_20201229_031544615~2.jpg

Ooooh that Pumpkin mask is a good one (so I’ve heard!) @danielledanielle! And the ND palette, I am a bit envious😄 @makeitup305‘s stockings and packaging are so sweet, what a wonderful Secret Santa!

@makeitup305 Lovely gift selection and beautifully presented.  The little stockings are soooooooo adorable.  Fantastic Secret Santa😀

@danielledanielle I'm so glad you got all of your wishes from your Secret Santa.  I love your assortment of gifts.  Enjoy. 

Conversation Stats
Photos324
  • Decret-santa
  • iAuS0pc.png
  • Christmas is coming!
  • B30833C1-E3B8-41D4-82E5-91EB6A760B2C.png
  • CalmGreenGerbil-size_restricted
  • She included this amazing card.
  • Even little gifts for my fur babies!! They were SO appreciative.
  • AND SO MANY GOODIES!
  • When I opened the package, I literally squealed!!
  • IMG_7057.jpg
  • I also received this unbelievably adorable snowman ornament, and Christmas snowman socks (I love snowmen!). The ornament is already on my tree, and I'm wearing my new socks today!
  • I tried to capture it all in one photo, but there was so much!! Pictured here: a new Spiced Apple Toddy candle, and hand soap (which I really needed!!). I also received a sleep mask and an H20 eye mask (which I can always, always use for the endless bags, lol). And a brand new Roller Lash, which is my favorite mascara of all time.
  • This was the adorable toy that she sent for our dog, Meg. Not pictured are the cute little toys for Gig and Pixel, as they ran off with those as soon as they smelled the catnip LOL
  • She also sent me my most desired thing this season: NAKED CHERRY!!!! :)
testing