cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

US Secret Santa 2021

iAuS0pc.png

It’s time yet again! Just reusing the thread from last year cause why not? I am pleased to host the BT Secret Santa for the seventh (I mean that sounds right? Maybe not?) year!

The rules are pretty much the same as the last few years!  

Rules:

1. US only

2. Must have a minimum of 600 posts on BT and be an active poster within the past two months! This is a community activity so participants should be an active part of said community.

3. You must make an account on elfsfer! That’s where the wishlists will be and the drawing will take place! Make sure your wishlists are updated with proper SHADE information and your address. 

4. The spending minimum is $50. Meaning you can buy one item that is $50 and have it count or multiple items to total up to $50! And as per usual, you can spend over on your elf if you so choose!

5. If there is even the slightest possible hint that you're going to buy something on your wishlist, do not put it on your wish list!

6. Include a gift receipt if the item your buying includes shade selection!

Deadlines

Spoiler

- To Sign Up:  November 3nd..  Names will be drawn on November 4rd and elfster will send you an email with who you got. Shoot me a message and I'll send you the sign up link! I know its a little quick this year because I started late but I always try to do it with the sale.

- To Send Gift: December 11th. Gifts will need to be sent by or on this date. 

Participants

Spoiler
IttyxBittyxMe
Spoiler
any questions feel free to post them here or shoot me a PM!

Happy Santa-ing!Decret-santa

Re: RE: Re: US Secret Santa 2019

I love all of it @Zpsid91! Thank you so much!

Re: US Secret Santa 2019

@faeriegirl Love the card and all the goodies that @Zpsid91 got you. She did an amazing job wrapping and picking out the perfect gifts for you. 

She did an amazing job @SportyGirly125!

You guys!

I've been thinking the past couple of days and I'm still having trouble putting my feelings of total gratitude and awe into words. My BIC Secret Santa gift came Wednesday night but i was out of town until Friday. When i started opening my gift, i honestly thought, "holy what! did my elf buy EVERYTHING on my wishlist?!?" @eshoe , thank you, thank you, thank you! You are one of the sweetest and most generous people i have met on BIC. Your gift was over and above anything i could have ever expected and i really, truly, value your internet friendship!

First, can we talk about this presentation? When i opened the box, a little switch lit up the beautifully wrapped presents with twinkle lights 🙂 my eyes lit up from the decor alone!

omg, are you kidding me!omg, are you kidding me!

Inside i unwrapped what felt like everything i put on my wishlist. I still can't believe how amazing my elf is! I'm so looking forward to writing up a mask review while wearing my super cozy glossier sweater and burning my diptyque candle. Plus, i've never tried anything from Summer Fridays and these masks are so aesthetically pleasing and i cannot wait to crack them open. 

masks galore! summer fridays! hourglass! diptique! hello kitty! glossier!masks galore! summer fridays! hourglass! diptique! hello kitty! glossier!

I've also been lusting after these Hourglass scattered light shadows. They're beautiful!

IMG_0359.jpg

Of course, the kitty mug is so ME 🙂

IMG_0357.jpg

Eshoe also included a very generous bag of samples and DS skincare/haircare/makeup. I travel so much and foils are a big space saver!

IMG_0360.jpg

As if this wasn't enough, I also got ANOTHER package yesterday. As soon as i brought it inside, George the cat was VERY interested. My amazing elf also purchased some amazing catnip toys for George! He has been smitten with them since i opened the package. He carries them around the house 🙂

George says, "thank you!"George says, "thank you!"

Eshoe, i tried to use my words to explain how much this gift means to me but i'm afraid they won't truly show my gratitude. You're an amazing person and an amazing part of this community. I'm so happy to call you my internet friend!

@scott1201 Ooh what incredible gifts! I just love the box decorations.

Hi @scott1201 ,

This is an amazing set of gifts! The truffles look delicious and the mug is so cute! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@scott1201 ,

I love your cat George!  It was so sweet of @eshoe  to include him in the fun!  @eshoe  did the most impressive wrapping job to go with her thoughtful and generous gifts!

Wow!!! What an amazing secret santa gift @scott1201 , @eshoe is so very thoughtful and creative with her decorations too! 

@scott1201 Wow everything on your wish list? That is super sweet of the ever generous @eshoe Her presentation and gifting is amazing. Enjoy your holiday goodies. 

@scott1201  what a great package, hope you enjoy all the goodies.

Merry Christmas @scott1201, so happy to hear you and George enjoyed everything!

wow what an amazing elfie gift @scott1201 !!!! that mug is so so cute and looks like some great masks as well !!!!

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful gift, @scott1201! I spy some wonderful items in that lovely package from @eshoe! Enjoy your goodies!

Wow @scott1201! What a wonderful gift. 

Great job @eshoe !

Internet friends can be some of the most amazing people, as is clearly shown by this incredibly thoughtful package you received. <333

Wow, what a wonderfully curated Holiday gift @scott1201 !  @eshoe did a fantastic job shopping for you.  I look forward to some mask reviews of those Summer Friday's masks!

Wow! Enjoy all your wonderful goodies @scott1201! I love that mug! Fantastic job @eshoe!

Sorry everyone, I've been having massive issues getting signed in this last week.  Whenever I'd go to post I'd keep getting pulled into a loop of signing in repeatedly.  

Anyhowww..... onto the opening!!  

I debated trying to wait to open my gift until actual Christmas... couldn't do it.  The surprise was killin' me!  The USPS box was even decorated! The guys at my postal outlet finally had to ask me what was with all the stickers on the boxes I get.  When I explained unicorn mail and secret Santa they were so impressed!  They even told me that they love seeing the decorated boxes come in and that they pretty much know who they're for before even looking at the name.  Elfie you even made my postal guys smile!

To my elf, the wonderful @SportyGirly125,  you nailed it!  From the box flaps being decorated, to each and every product, I'm all smiles!  

I've never tried any Pat McGrath and now I'm hunting on their website for what I want to pick up with the sale.  I may or may not have a basket ready to pull the trigger.  You picked the perfect shade for me and I've been wearing it for three days in a row now.  LOVE.

And the Bumbum... oh how I love the BumBum scent!  I forgot to apply my nightly balm the other day and woke up with some pretty parched lips, how nice is the Brazilian Kiss!  I've been very into balms/glosses of late (my lipstick collection is feeling abandoned), and this balm is so nice.  I went through a lotion a few years ago and just haven't been able to justify the price for a body lotion when I have so many lotions from my mom to go through, but as a gift... oh man, I'm going to treasure the BumBum love!

The Unicorn Mug is perfect!  I made cider in it the other day and my nieces came by, they love it too and wanted to know why I couldn't dump my cider into a boring mug so that they could use the unicorn one! Sorry girls, this is a special grown up mug that Auntie doesn't want broken lol.  

The Mickey Coffee Sleeve has already been used as well!  I do Starbucks/Tim Hortons more often than I care to admit and I've taken to putting the sleeve onto my signal thingie in my car when I'm done with the cup so that it's at the ready for my next through.  I have a fond love of all things Disney and still have park passes in my safety deposit box.  I might have bought a ridiculous number of 10 day passes before they stopped selling them.  My unborn children may inherit a few lol.  This sleeve is the perfect amount of pix dust glitter in my favourite colour! 

I've got to say that you nailed me with each product in the bag too.  I've picked up and put back Evian spray I can't count how many times, UD All Nighter is my go to in warm weather and this is the perfect travel size.  I picked up and put down the new Too Faced Damn Girl more than once, I love the BTS so I must love this one too right?  I'm guessing next week I'll be pulling this out.  The Kush Mascara I just tried earlier this year and I'm a fan, so I'm excited to have another to use.  I've read about a few people using the ACV hair since so I'm curious how that'll work and happy to get to try it.  And I've been eyeing Charlotte Tillbury everything lately so I'm super excited to test out that mascara too.  

Can we talk about the candy??? For those of you who don't know... there's no Trader Joe's in Canada.  I can get to Detroit in about 5 hours, that the closest one to me.  I've never been into one before and I might have an unrequited love for the chain despite never being there.  I tried out the wafer cookie so far and I'm trying to figure out how I can get to Detroit soon.  Can I call in sick to go to a grocery store?  I had to google See's candies and did you guys know that I love Lucy filmed a show there??? How cool is that! Those candies are gone now, but I'll have the sweet memory of how delightful they were.  

@SportyGirly125 Thank You from the bottom of my heart.  I just adore everything, my feet are warm, my belly is full, I smell great, and my lips have never felt so great while smiling.  

Now time to get to wrapping and mail out my gift to my elf.  I hope everyone loves all their gifts as much as I do!  @IttyxBittyxMe thank you so much for organizing this and letting a Canadian hop on board!  I'm so excited to see everyone's unboxings!

Let the unboxing fun begin!!Let the unboxing fun begin!!Mermaid wrapping paper!!Mermaid wrapping paper!!IMG_4658.jpgLove everything!Love everything!These didn't last long....These didn't last long....

@missjeanie Wow!!! What a bunch of fun stuff to try out! I have to order See's haha. I love it.

There is an abundance of newness @Samtian ! And I’m loving all of it! 

Hi @missjeanie ,

I really want some See's Candy now! So many good treats and goodies! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

1,330 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos324
  • Decret-santa
  • iAuS0pc.png
  • Christmas is coming!
  • B30833C1-E3B8-41D4-82E5-91EB6A760B2C.png
  • CalmGreenGerbil-size_restricted
  • She included this amazing card.
  • Even little gifts for my fur babies!! They were SO appreciative.
  • AND SO MANY GOODIES!
  • When I opened the package, I literally squealed!!
  • IMG_7057.jpg
  • I also received this unbelievably adorable snowman ornament, and Christmas snowman socks (I love snowmen!). The ornament is already on my tree, and I'm wearing my new socks today!
  • I tried to capture it all in one photo, but there was so much!! Pictured here: a new Spiced Apple Toddy candle, and hand soap (which I really needed!!). I also received a sleep mask and an H20 eye mask (which I can always, always use for the endless bags, lol). And a brand new Roller Lash, which is my favorite mascara of all time.
  • This was the adorable toy that she sent for our dog, Meg. Not pictured are the cute little toys for Gig and Pixel, as they ran off with those as soon as they smelled the catnip LOL
  • She also sent me my most desired thing this season: NAKED CHERRY!!!! :)
testing