cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

US Secret Santa 2021

iAuS0pc.png

It’s time yet again! Just reusing the thread from last year cause why not? I am pleased to host the BT Secret Santa for the seventh (I mean that sounds right? Maybe not?) year!

The rules are pretty much the same as the last few years!  

Rules:

1. US only

2. Must have a minimum of 600 posts on BT and be an active poster within the past two months! This is a community activity so participants should be an active part of said community.

3. You must make an account on elfsfer! That’s where the wishlists will be and the drawing will take place! Make sure your wishlists are updated with proper SHADE information and your address. 

4. The spending minimum is $50. Meaning you can buy one item that is $50 and have it count or multiple items to total up to $50! And as per usual, you can spend over on your elf if you so choose!

5. If there is even the slightest possible hint that you're going to buy something on your wishlist, do not put it on your wish list!

6. Include a gift receipt if the item your buying includes shade selection!

Deadlines

Spoiler

- To Sign Up:  November 3nd..  Names will be drawn on November 4rd and elfster will send you an email with who you got. Shoot me a message and I'll send you the sign up link! I know its a little quick this year because I started late but I always try to do it with the sale.

- To Send Gift: December 11th. Gifts will need to be sent by or on this date. 

Participants

Spoiler
IttyxBittyxMe
Spoiler
any questions feel free to post them here or shoot me a PM!

Happy Santa-ing!Decret-santa

Re: US Secret Santa 2020

@quspork when I peeked at where the package was coming from I was quite happy. Everything was wrapped with care. I had to slow down my excitement and actually take pictures  I feel very spoiled and love it all.

20201214_152925.jpg

20201214_152918.jpg

Ornaments on the tree!

@sprocketta @I love those!

@sprocketta So pretty 😍

@sprocketta Yay for you box to arrive!!!  @quspork was my Ghoulfriend last year and she really knows how to pick out the perfect items.  Love the wrapping and the ornaments.

@SportyGirly125 miss @quspork knocked it out of the park!

I am so excited, I just got my shipment notification from my secret Santa. Thank you in advance, I cant wait to get it ❤️❤️❤️

@Anastasiya13 Yay another unboxing!!!

Mail is painstakingly slow, and I’ve been tracking my poor Elf’s package for over (oops-I should have said almost - I just checked again and it’s been 11 days so far) two weeks. Hoping it makes it to her home Monday, because I know she needs a little cheer right now!

@eshoe @Fingers crossed it gets there soon 

Me too, @SportyGirly125. I knew things would be moving slow this year due to COVID, but this is still surprising. You must have beat the rush!

First, a HUGE thank you and warm virtual hugs to my Secret Santa, @Anastasiya13, for sending me a box full of Christmas cheer, at a time when I very seriously needed it! 💚❤️ The overall Santa theme made me happier than I can express in words, and now I'm finally in the mood to do a little holiday decorating after all. 

Y'all, look what greeted me when I opened the box: 

Didn't get all the stickers in this photo, but there were lots of 'em!Didn't get all the stickers in this photo, but there were lots of 'em!Red garland + strung jingle bells = I’m like totally making a holiday wreath out of these!Red garland + strung jingle bells = I’m like totally making a holiday wreath out of these!
Underneath the garland were many tasty treats! 

2020-BIC-SecretSanta - 3.jpeg

I’d say I’ll sensibly enjoy lightly snacking on these a tiny bit at a time but haha, who am I kidding. 😄 In particular, the Triple Ginger cookies don’t stand a chance. They’re one of my absolute favorite cookies at TJ’s or anywhere else, and I expect them to disappear within the next couple days along with the cocoa kit because c’mon, you need hot cocoa with your ginger cookies! 

On to the wrapped goodies… what could they be? 

2020-BIC-SecretSanta - 4.jpegYAY, MORE CANDY! Did I ever mention how much I love candy? :DYAY, MORE CANDY! Did I ever mention how much I love candy? 😄A beloved staple and oooOOOooo, fun new things to play with!A beloved staple and oooOOOooo, fun new things to play with!
Skinfix Eczema+ Hand Repair Cream - possibly my favorite hand cream ever. This gift is right on time: I ran out of my last tube yesterday. My hands are super thankful! 

MAC Flashing Ice Skinfinish Trio - I did the happy little kid squeal as soon as I unwrapped this! Of MAC's entire holiday 2020 collection, this is the item I wanted most. I should post some swatch photos tomorrow, if I can catch enough good daylight. 

Rare Beauty Confident Energy palette - I’ve wanted to try this palette since it launched, partly to test formulation but also because the color story intrigues me. It seems like a good all-occasion shimmer palette. I’ll find out this weekend when I put it to the test! 

Opened palettes & lipstick. It's all so pretty!Opened palettes & lipstick. It's all so pretty!
Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Cream, shade Willful - this was a total (and welcome) surprise, and it looks like the kind of bright fuchsia shade I’d normally choose. In fact, this shade as an ombre with a classic red, or maybe a blue violet—perhaps MAC Matte Royal—would be fantastic. I should try that soon! 

Thanks again, Anastasiya13! "You made my  day  week" is such an understatement. Thank you for pulling me out of my miss-my-family blues! ❤️

@WinglessOne That hand cream is honestly the best ever. Glad you got such awesome stuff!

Thank you @makeitup305 !

@WinglessOne What a great gift from @Anastasiya13! Really regretting not getting all the TJ's holiday items (my husband scolded me for buying every fall item LOL), they look amazing! That's a great hand cream and I hope you enjoy your palettes and surprise lipstick. 

@CC3616  @WinglessOne  By any chance did you ladies she the hot cocoa bombs they had at TJs that were the shape of a snow man? 

@Anastasiya13 No, but I just asked Google for a photo of them and now I must visit TJ's to see if I can find them! 😍That's some prime enabling right there! 😂 

@WinglessOne  I hope you find them, if you do you got to tell me how they are. I tried getting some here, but they said they been sold out.

Thank you @CC3616 ! And c'mon, how can you not want lots of TJ's fall products? 😉 I've told a few family members they could just send me a TJ's gift card and I'd be super happy! One more excuse to visit a local TJ's and buy all of the things! 

@WinglessOne Oooh this makes me glad I don't have a Trader Joe near me, I'd weigh 500 pounds by the end of the year.

@Samtian  That's why I try not to visit my closest TJ's often. 😂 Half those ginger cookies are gone now. Trying not to eat the other half in one sitting, and saving the chocolates til later this month. Trying very hard! 

1,330 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos324
  • Decret-santa
  • iAuS0pc.png
  • Christmas is coming!
  • B30833C1-E3B8-41D4-82E5-91EB6A760B2C.png
  • CalmGreenGerbil-size_restricted
  • She included this amazing card.
  • Even little gifts for my fur babies!! They were SO appreciative.
  • AND SO MANY GOODIES!
  • When I opened the package, I literally squealed!!
  • IMG_7057.jpg
  • I also received this unbelievably adorable snowman ornament, and Christmas snowman socks (I love snowmen!). The ornament is already on my tree, and I'm wearing my new socks today!
  • I tried to capture it all in one photo, but there was so much!! Pictured here: a new Spiced Apple Toddy candle, and hand soap (which I really needed!!). I also received a sleep mask and an H20 eye mask (which I can always, always use for the endless bags, lol). And a brand new Roller Lash, which is my favorite mascara of all time.
  • This was the adorable toy that she sent for our dog, Meg. Not pictured are the cute little toys for Gig and Pixel, as they ran off with those as soon as they smelled the catnip LOL
  • She also sent me my most desired thing this season: NAKED CHERRY!!!! :)
testing