Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Trade Thread THREE - 02/2014

TRADE THREAD #3

Overall trades have gone very well and many cosmetic items have found themselves new homes! Smiley Very Happy However, there have been some trades that have not gone as well, so this trade post has been revised – please read it carefully!

GUIDELINES

Listing Your Items

Please list what you have available, the condition, add a photo (if you have a lot, consider posting them under "spoiler" - the little face icon with a hand over its eyes - so tons of images don't flood the page for people scrolling), and what you are interested in for trade. You may wish to list your location, such as the U.S. When something you have to offer is no longer available, please go back and edit your post to keep the listings more accurate!

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Acquiring Items

Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/LIST-of-the-Successful-Traders-or-TB/td-p/1071289 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity). If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication

Please consider using the Private Messages system on Beauty Talk to help ensure someone knows you are trying to contact them. You can set up to receive an email when you get a PM in your preferences. You can also access your messages by looking under your profile on the left side of the main Beauty Talk page under your avatar and clicking on the envelope.

Communication is key!  Even if there is a mail delay to the giant blizzard or ice storm of 2014, not being able to get in touch with the person you are trading with is very frustrating! If you are on either side of a trade, please make sure you are able to stay in touch with the other person through the end of the trade.  If you will be unable to communicate for a period of time, try to let them know that.

Delivery

Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS even puts anticipated delivery dates and the tracking numbers right on the receipts now!

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?

Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

Please also see the previous trade thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Product-Trade-Thread-01-2014-TWO/m-p/1021537

Happy trading!

Re: Trade Thread THREE - 02/2014

Love the new guidelines, Syd! Thanks for taking the time to make a new thread with new info for us all Smiley Happy You're great!

Thanks JenJen!  I hope the new info will be a little more helpful in protecting people on both sides of trades!  Smiley Happy  It was developed with the feedback of quite a few people.

Excellent additions Syd! Great ideas

Also, if your post is going to be super long, USE SPOILERS! This way the whole page won't be filled with 10 gigantic pictures, and those who are interested can click the spoiler

Spoiler
to expand the post and see the pictures without the thread being 17243 pages long cuz of 3 posts or something.

Oh neat idea!

You's a smart cookie

Really like this idea, but do you know if it will interfere with search functions?

I added the spoiler info to the main post.  Smiley Happy Thanks for the info!!

That's a good idea BT! Smiley Happy

Batter up....Syd to the plate......it's a home run!  Smiley Happy

Due to a string of some bad trades and TSBs, I will only trade with vouched for traders/TSBers/Active BTers.

I;m building the list and will bump this post when new items are added, but wanted to get this started (or else I'll never get around to posting Smiley Tongue)

Lippies

• Dolce & Gabbana, shine lipstick, #110 Plum - tried once (sanitized), with box

Face

• tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in adored (new) - picture pending

Nails

• Chanel - Frisson - nearly full (used once), a little goo on the side of the bottle where I had put a sticky indicating when I bought it (5/2013), will try goo-be-gone to get rid of it
Spoiler

There’s not a lot on my “in search of” list but if you’re interested in anything, please let me know what you have. I reserve the right to trade with only someone I feel comfortable with (I had a bad trade myself) – prefer people who have positive feedback. Also am hoping to do fewer trades with more items, as shipping costs each time can really add up. I am in the US and plan to ship via USPS first class with insurance and tracking or priority with insurance and tracking – I would expect the same. Super busy schedule right now so I will be very up front in my communication on when I can ship something out. I am listing where I acquired my items in light of the recent fakes that have been appearing.

• LORAC Liquid Lustre 3D in Diamond (this one has been swatched on the back of my hand, I have a brand new one expected late next week if you want a brand new one) This one from Sephora, the new one direct from LORAC.
  • Black eyeliner pencils in Makeup Forever (still sealed), NARS (unused), LORAC (used once and resharpened). All acquired from Sephora.
  • Tarte blushes, barely used, in Imagined and Treasured, slightly smaller sized, purchased direct from Tarte. Imagined is super pink, beautiful – but too much for my incredibly pale skin.
  • Origins lip glosses – received as a gift but not used, were acquired from Macy’s.
  • Tarte lipsurgence lippie in Enamored, acquired in a Tarte set in a trade (but I can’t wear reds).
  • Blinc eyebrow mousse in Light Brunette, still sealed, purchased from Hautelook. (I also have Dark Brunette still new and sealed, since I have Anastasia Dipbrown I probably don’t need that one either.)
  • Stila blackberry lip glaze, full size, unused, direct from Stila.
  • Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, unused, 100 point perk from Sephora.
  • LORAC highlighter bronzer duo, unused, purchased from Sephora.
  • Alterna Caviar shampoo and conditioners, unused, from Beauty dot com and Ulta, 1.35oz each
  • Ulta moisturizer, unused, freshwater mist.
  • NYX makeup sponge, unused, direct from NYX.
  • Devacurl cream samples (this stuff is awesome! I purchased full size) from Sephora.
  • Bamboo Kendi Oil Mist .85oz, unused, from Sephora.
  • Bare Minerals small matte foundation in medium, original foundation in medium, mineral veil, and bisque concealer, all unused. Either from Sephora or a local higher end makeup shop.
  • Not shown: LORAC eyeshadow in Serenity, reserved first for the ladies who posted on the Serenity thread because it's their HG product.  I have it coming direct from LORAC later this week.

Please PM me if interested!

Spoiler
trades.jpg

unnamed.jpg

I have a NUME reverse curling wand I would like to trade. it works amazing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nume+reverse+curling+wand&espv=210&es_sm=91&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=...

I just honestly rarely ever have time to do my hair!  

I have used it literally 3 times.

This is why I think I should trade it, haha!.

It needs to live somewhere it'll be used constantly and given the love and attention it's deserved!

Comes with the Nume glove. Also attached is a photo of the last time I used it on my hair.

unnamed-1.jpg

I have done tons of succesful trades on here and am on the good trades lists.

ISO-

l'occitane supple almond firming oil

marc jacobs eu so fresh

caudalie divine oil

laura mercier lip glace

naked 2

josie maran eyeshadows

guerlain

really open to ideas on trades. Just message me and let's go from there. Thanks!

Oh I love your hair cut! and the music note tattoo (?) look so whimsical. =)

Unfortunately bangs annoys me and makes my eyebags look 100000x bigger. =/

ps. *whispers* you are not allowed to post outside links.

Ok, an odd ISO (hahaha, about half dozen ladies responded last time when I asked what it was stand for, and I already forgot it again. Yay goldfish memory!):

- Urban Decay Feminine palette case. I am absolutely in love with the purple zipper pouch, but I seriously have no interest whatsoever for any of the items in it. I have not seen picture evidence of this, but I am told that you can take the cardboard/palette/mirror out, and sounds like it can survive without the case.

EDIT: resolved, curtesy of the spoiledbrat. Heart

ISO:

Fresh Sugar lippie

Sephora Airbrush  Brush #56, 55, 54 (and any blush/contour brush, synthetic only)

DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

Lavanila Healthy Deodorant

Origins checks and balances

Too Faced Lash injection

edited to add ---

Please message me Smiley Happy

Looking to TRADE. Would prefer to trade with people with positive feedback on the Successful trades List (I have good ratings) and with 100+ hearts. If you do not, you will be sending item(s) first. Thanks!

Canadian people only: 

Makeup forever foundation brush 108 

Bobbi Brown full coverage face brush 

(both in excellent condition, used very few times) 

Bobbi Brown cream shadow brush 

Lorac pro palette - 2 -3 colors were used quite abit, but alot are swatched once and never used 

Laneige cushion foundation in light beige (#21) - new

Etude house makeup base - mint/green color for correcting redness - my fingers never touched; spatula was always used. used 2 times 

ISO: 

Nars, Bobbi Brown, or YSL eyeshadows - or any other soft neutrals 

Ciate/ butter london/ formula x nail polishes in soft neutrals or pastel colors 

Nars, Mac, Bobbi brown, toofaced travel brushes 

Smashbox light, Korres pomegranate, or hourglass primers 

Caudalie, Fresh, nude, Josie maran skincare products 

I have (some pics on trade thread 2):

-Tarte's Aqualillies For Tarte Glamazon™ Pure Performance 12-Hour Lipstick in Timeless (LE)(used 2x)

-Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker trio (punch bowl, half naked, and candy gloss... brand new unopened)

-Viva La Juicy & Viva La Juicy Fleur Spray Pens (spritzed one time each)

-MAC lip pencils in Whirl and Hip N Happy (Hip N Happy used 2x, Whirl used a handful of times)

-Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick in Magnolia (used 2x, for the right trade ONLY!)

-Fresh Midnight Fleur 1.7 fl oz only used a few times (90% full) (for the right trade ONLY!)

ISO: Mac lipsticks, Bite lippiees, Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder, NARS duos or blush, Caudalie, Guerlain, Fresh, Chanel (girl can dream), Deeyore

ISO:

MURAD Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel (NOT full sized, please)

MUFE HD Primer

Hey do you still have instigator and MAC feel my pulse? Would you do a bundle offer?

61 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • dgplumlipstick (566x755).jpg
  • chanelfrisson (566x755).jpg
  • trades.jpg
  • unnamed.jpg
  • unnamed-1.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg