Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Tornadoes in Missouri

Could I ask all of you lovely Bic friends to take a moment and send some good vibes, karma and prayers my son's way. Last night he got hit by a tornado in Eldon Missouri, lost everything. He did save his beloved cat before his car literally flew into the neighbors house. He choose to stay and help dig his fellow neighbors out of the houses that literally got demolished. He was lucky enough to not be hurt, but he's pretty distraught, and he just turned 20, so he really doesn't have much experience in these types of situations. But I'm proud of him for putting himself at risk and helping others in the middle of all this chaos. I live 5 hours from him, so we were not impacted, but I'm afraid he might have PTS after all this, so any positive vibes are greatly appreciated in Missouri. Thanks everyone30514~2.jpeg

30516.jpeg

30513.jpeg

30517~2.jpeg

Re: Tornadoes in Missouri

Thank you so much @curlychiquita I'm so very proud that he managed to pull it together and help others

@lmaster I'm so glad he's not hurt! To have the instinct to help those in need when you yourself had just survived a major ordeal speaks volumes on his character and up bringing. 👏👏👏 You've done a great job raising him! 👏👏👏  I hope all the residents receive much needed assistance fast. 

@angelKiss24 that's very sweet of you to say, I just cringe Everytime I see it on the news. It's just so devastating to see the damage

I'm so sorry he had to experience that, and I am so glad he is physically ok. I hope he can recover mentally and emotionally from this. And bless his soul for saving his cat and helping his neighbors. This is making me tear up, but I hope you know you truly raised an incredible selfless young man. 

So glad he's okay, @lmaster ! I've been seeing all of the tornado footage on the news and it looks terrifying. It was so incredibly kind of him to help out his neighbours. I read the other comments and you're completely right about materials being replaceable, unlike people. My parents have been telling me the same since I was a kid and it's such a good thing to keep in mind. Hopefully he'll be able to get back on his feet soon, but at least he's safe now 😊 sending good vibes his way ❤️

@SpaceLlama I'm still in shock, you never think it will ever effect you, until it does. That's so very true,,, you cannot be replaced. Beyond grateful he didn't get hurt

I’m so glad he made it out ok @lmaster tornadoes are absolutely horrible. I lost my brother in one a few years ago. Your son sounds like a wonderful young man. That is so sweet he stayed to help his neighbors. I will definitely be sending positive thoughts and prayers his way❤️🙏

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, @faeriegirl

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, @faeriegirl!  You have my sympathy!

@faeriegirl   I'm so, so sorry.  

@faeriegirl i am so terribly sorry for your loss! The weather is so nerve wracking, I'm just noticing a pattern here, terrible winter, terrible spring,,,, I'm thinking when summer does hit, we're going to have tons of bugs and 100 degree weather. I'm very thankful he is ok, but I'm so sorry for your brother 😞

The weather is definitely crazy @lmaster! We barely have spring and fall anymore☹️ 

Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that, @faeriegirl

So sorry to hear about your brother, @faeriegirl 😞 

🙏♥️

I'm so glad to hear that your son is okay @lmaster It must have been so scary for both him and yourself.  Brave young man you have there.  I'll say a prayer for him and his neighbours tonight.

@missjeanie thank you I appreciate it, I don't think it's really hit him yet

I'm sure he'll be running on adrenaline for a while yet @lmaster .  But I have a feeling he's a strong man.  Together you'll all get through.

@missjeanie I appreciate your reassurance 🙂

So sorry to hear about your son's situation @lmaster ! It's such a scary and difficulty situation. I'll be sending good vibes to both of you. Glad to hear he's physically ok, and hope he powers through the next while.

@makeitup305 I so very appreciate it! So many people are effected by storms of some kind, and you just don't realize how traumatic it is until you are involved. Thank you for you support 

86 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • 30514~2.jpeg
  • 30516.jpeg
  • 30513.jpeg
  • 30517~2.jpeg
testing