Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Tornadoes in Missouri

Could I ask all of you lovely Bic friends to take a moment and send some good vibes, karma and prayers my son's way. Last night he got hit by a tornado in Eldon Missouri, lost everything. He did save his beloved cat before his car literally flew into the neighbors house. He choose to stay and help dig his fellow neighbors out of the houses that literally got demolished. He was lucky enough to not be hurt, but he's pretty distraught, and he just turned 20, so he really doesn't have much experience in these types of situations. But I'm proud of him for putting himself at risk and helping others in the middle of all this chaos. I live 5 hours from him, so we were not impacted, but I'm afraid he might have PTS after all this, so any positive vibes are greatly appreciated in Missouri. Thanks everyone30514~2.jpeg

30516.jpeg

30513.jpeg

30517~2.jpeg

Re: Tornadoes in Missouri

@lmaster I've lived through a few hurricanes and it's always terrifying. I've been lucky that I’ve gotten through them unscathed but every time it comes, it makes you realize how powerless you are.

@makeitup305 oh wow! I bet that was extremely terrifying! So glad you are ok!! I think the weather is the one thing that terrifies me the most

Wow that is so scary. Keeping your family in my thoughts and sending positive vibes. You should be really proud of your son!

Thank you so much @KehDee I think he realized that tomorrow is not guaranteed, and helping others in need is so very important

@lmaster   I know you must want to be with your son so badly right now.  You should be very proud of him.  I can't believe those storms held together enough to cause that much damage for a third night in a row. 

@Ispend2much6 he knows he had a guardian angel watching over him,,, he said, it literally sounded like a freight train and then an explosion,I can't even imagine what was really going through his head at that moment,,, I'm so happy he's ok and he's safe at his dad's. I told him material things can be replaced, you cannot! 

@lmaster   I'm glad he has family nearby.

Me too! @Ispend2much6 😘

@lmaster I am so sorry to hear this! Sending you and your family so many positive thoughts! 

Best,
Rebecca

Thank you so much @RebeccaBT you never know how strong you are until you have to be!

that is so scary @lmaster  glad to hear he is physically okay! 

@Kim888 thanks so much!! I'm still in shock really, but I definitely learned how strong he is and selfless

Oh no 😱 I'm glad to hear your son and his cat are safe @lmaster . And he's a good person for staying and helping his neighbors. I'm not sure if the emergency shelters have emotional recovery / mental health support but if not, at least keeping in touch with him may help him cope, and it sounds like he's close with his community so that there's a local support group. (Coping alone and internalizing everything didn't help me during the dark parts of my life, but I'm very thankful that my parents and friends continued to contact me despite my ignoring them and helped me step into therapy for the first time). Sending positive vibes and wishing him and all the victims the best. 

@RNGesusPls thank you for you kind words! It means so much truly! My dad and his girlfriend are going to drive there Saturday to spend the weekend with him, I'm hoping to see him soon, but it probably won't be until June, when all these kids are out of school 😞 

That's great to hear @lmaster and I'm sure he'll understand! At least his cat is accompanying him at the moment 🙂 Safe travels for your family!

@RNGesusPls thank you so much for your kind words! 😘

@lmaster  Oh, I am so sorry for your son and how worried you must be!! We've had more tornado warnings this year than ever before, but no touch down close by. I can't imagine the devastation he is facing and how hard it is to live through something like this! My thoughts and prayers will be with him and the people he is helping!! And with you as you wait to see how he is doing!! 😔

It means so much @yankeefaithful I appreciate all the support and good vibes, and for everyone that was impacted. Jefferson City, which is about 40 minutes from him was just demolished! The weather is really starting to worry me, it's been storm after storm, if it's not freezing it's storming

@lmaster I'm so sorry he's going through this Sounds like a stand up guy to help his neighbors.  I am sending positive thoughts his way.  Also for the record, *squinting and looking at your picture", you do not look old enough to have a 20 year-old son.

@sprocketta thank you so much! You are too kind! I'm almost 40 😎 he's doing ok, but I just can't imagine what he was thinking when this was happening

Oh my goodness, @lmaster! Sending all the good vibes his way. It sounds like you've raised one amazing man, mama!

Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • 30514~2.jpeg
  • 30516.jpeg
  • 30513.jpeg
  • 30517~2.jpeg
testing