Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Tornadoes in Missouri

Could I ask all of you lovely Bic friends to take a moment and send some good vibes, karma and prayers my son's way. Last night he got hit by a tornado in Eldon Missouri, lost everything. He did save his beloved cat before his car literally flew into the neighbors house. He choose to stay and help dig his fellow neighbors out of the houses that literally got demolished. He was lucky enough to not be hurt, but he's pretty distraught, and he just turned 20, so he really doesn't have much experience in these types of situations. But I'm proud of him for putting himself at risk and helping others in the middle of all this chaos. I live 5 hours from him, so we were not impacted, but I'm afraid he might have PTS after all this, so any positive vibes are greatly appreciated in Missouri. Thanks everyone30514~2.jpeg

30516.jpeg

30513.jpeg

30517~2.jpeg

Re: Tornadoes in Missouri

Oh no! I am so sorry that this happened to your son. @lmaster  I am also glad to hear that he is okay and was gracious enough to help others. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your son and all of those who have lost their loved ones and their homes. 

Best,

Zakiya

Thank you @ZakiyaBT that's very kind of you, I appreciate it

@lmaster  I am so sorry, and that is so traumatic. He sounds like such a brave and selfless person. Your family is in my thoughts. 💕

@PrettyPaint thank you so much for your sweet and thoughtful words! Very much appreciated

I'm glad to hear your son and kitty are okay.

Thank you @danielledanielle the weather has been extremely sketchy this year! 

@lmaster  I can’t even imagine what he went through. Good thoughts to your son. Such a brave man! 

thanks @ather sounds like the red Cross is definitely wor...

thanks @ather sounds like the red Cross is definitely working hard for these people! I appreciate the kind words!

RE: Tornadoes in Missouri

How’s your son @lmaster?

Re: RE: Tornadoes in Missouri

He's getting there @KehDee  he was able to salvage one car that was under a carport, bless the tow truck driver, he only charged 100$ for 3.5 hours of work, and helped get the car out, the town is slowly regaining power, he said it could take about 9 months for everything to get restored, thank you for asking! He lives in a town about 40 min from Jefferson City Missouri, very small probably 2000 people

RE: Re: RE: Tornadoes in Missouri

Wow 9 months seems so long. I’m glad he’s okay and people are helping each other out during such a rough time

Wow, the devastation in those pictures is just horrifying. I’m so glad to hear your son was not hurt. I can only imagine how it must have felt knowing he was ever in such a dangerous situation. Sending prayers and good thoughts to you, your family, and the other poor people affected by this.

Oh my goodness, @lmaster, how frightening that must have been for him and all that devastation... It's a miracle he wasn't hurt. Keeping him and our other mid-westerner friends in my thoughts. Heart

@quspork he was going into his house from work and the carport collapsed, he was seconds away from serious injury. It's just such a disaster, the whole town is without power, I hope I never have to go through that

Oh my gosh, @lmaster! I cannot fathom experiencing something like that. He's lucky to have made it through everything physically, even though I'm sure with the amount of devastation he and the town are experiencing, it may not feel that way. So many blessings towards him and the town in their recovery and internet hugs to you too, mama!

@quspork thank you so much, he's saying he's very sore, but it's going to take awhile for them to get back to where they were 😟

I'm so sorry your son (and so many others) had to go through something so devasting.  It's wonderful that he made sure to help those that needed it! You raised a good one @lmaster My thoughts are with all those recovering.

Thank you so much @michelleshops those poor people affected by these storms, I just can't imagine losing everything in a matter of seconds. And being homeless basically, just so sad, they need all the prayers and positive vibes

@lmaster Best wishes!

@greeneyedgirl107 thank you! 🤗

86 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • 30514~2.jpeg
  • 30516.jpeg
  • 30513.jpeg
  • 30517~2.jpeg
testing