Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Top 5 Skin Care Items

Skin care has recently become extremely important to me, as I just turned 25 and am starting to notice very mild signs of aging and general changes in my skin.  I have seen a lot of interesting skin care products mentioned in recent posts here on BT, and I would love to know what everyone's top 5 favorite skin care products are and why.  At the moment, these are mine:

1 - Clean & Clear 10% benzoyl peroxide cream - I use this on my entire face every night before bed to keep my breakouts at bay.  If I skip it just 1 or 2 nights, my skin breaks out like crazy.  I've been using this since I was 12 and have tried many many other products to manage my blemishes, and this one just seems to work the best!

2 - Clinique Liquid Facial Soap in Mild - This is one of the few cleaners I have found that gets my skin really clean without drying it out.  It also works very well with my Clarisonic.

3 - Murad Hydro Dynamic Ultimate Moisture - This is the best facial moisturizer I have come across. It brings the moisture back to my skin with just 1 use and is works great over my benzoyl peroxide cream at night.

4 - Korres Greek Yogurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial - I loved this the first time I tried a sample of it.  It has a very nice, natural kind of smell and the morning after wearing it, my skin is very soft, moisturized and nourished looking/feeling.

5 - Origins Ginzing Eye Cream - I put this on in the mornings, and it really seems to help dimish my dark circles and puffiness in just a few minutes!

Re: Top 5 Skin Care Items

1. tarte Maracuja Oil: I have oily skin, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how this improved my skin! It is so light and absorbs quickly. It is thinner than JM Argan Oil! My skin is definitely brighter! 

2. Fresh Soy Cleanser. Very, very gentle cleanser. Removes makeup. I am not too crazy about the smell though, but still great product. 

3. Dermalogica Skin Clearing Gel. Spot treatment. Works great. Smells herby and minty. 

4. Origins Charcoal Mask. great for a mid-week pick-me up. Love how this leaves my skin so soft. 

5. Dermalogica Sebum Clearing Mask. Leaves skin feeling really clean!! Love this. Only thing is it leaves a bit of a film after. 

My skin is young and still recovering from acne. I am more focused on keeping it clean and bright. I plan on adding more anti-aging products later once my skin fully heals! Smiley Happy 

1. Vivite Revitalizing Eye Cream- Because it is so velvety smooth and really does what is says it will.

2. Vivite Exfoliating Facial Wash- Because it removes my makeup and everything with such ease and makes my skin so soft.

3. Vivite Facial Serum- Makes my face so soft and flawless.

4. Vivite  daily moisturizer with SPF 30- Does such a great job of moisturizing and not one bit oily.

5. Vivite  night renewal facial cream- Does exactly what is says and it's a great night cream.

1. Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs.. this stuff leaves my face sooo soft and without irritation.

2. Clarins Alcohol Free Toner with Chamomile

3.  Perricone MD Blue Plasma this stuff is awesome a must for sure,  a bit pricey but so worth it.

4. Lancome Visionairre Advanced Skin Corrector

5. Murad Hydrodynamic  Ultimate Moisture

I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin with redness. At 26, I am noticing slight lines around the eyes when I smile. I've been using anti-aging products since I was 16 and I'm a total skincare junkie. Here are my top picks:

1. Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cleanser.

Used with a washcloth and cool or warm water, it's gentle enough to use morning and night, and it removes makeup like a charm.

2. Bare Escentuals Skin Revver-Upper

A salicylic acid product. Goes on light, no fragrance (slight but not bad odor), keeps breakouts at bay. Wear at night mostly, or daytime too if I have a flare-up.

3. Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Lotion (Not currently available at Sephora)

More hydrating than the "treatment lotion" which is essentially a toner, but less thick than the cream, this lotion keeps my skin balanced without breaking me out. Perfect for day and night, winter and summer.

4. Perricone MD Eye Lift Synergy

Been using for the last 2 years, and my undereye area looks about the same now as it did 2 years ago. Expensive, so I use it only at night.

5. Philosophy Miracle Worker Pads

A retinol product. Best to cut the pads in half to make it last longer. Also, since retinol degrades with light and air exposure, it's a good idea to only use 30 of the 60 pads at a time, combined with half of the retinol solution. Keep the rest of the solution in a dark area until you run out of the first half of the pads. Added benefit - more breakout protection. Use at night only, and wear sunscreen during the day.

I have oily/acne prone skin with some fine lines around my eyes, and freckles (due to sun exposure)

1. Kate Sommerville Detox Daily Cleanser. Only cleanser I have found that keeps breakouts at bay.

2. DDF Benzoyl Peroxide Gel - Best Acne Treatment I've found for during the day. If I put this on at the first sign of a spot, then it keeps it from breaking through.

3. DDF Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment - I've found that using only benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid doesn't do  much for my skin, but when I use them together it does wonders.

4. Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask - best deep cleansing mask I've found. It removes blackheads and impurities and doesn't make my face feel stripped or tight afterwards.

5. Shizeido Urban Defense SPF 42 Facial Sunscreen - Only facial sunscreen I've found that doesn't break me out or make me extra oily (it is a mattifying sunscreen).

Conversation Stats