Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Too Young?

I'm 13 and I feel like makeup is really fun and it's almost like my hobbie. I pay for my makeup with the Christmas/Birthday money I get and I don't use makeup out of my house. But, I feel like workers there will judge me because of my age.

RE: Too Young?

IM 12! I love makeup!.....wannna be friends?....😜

girl! i started playing around with makeup at around that age!! it's so fun!!!! play around with it and learn everything. i learned basically everything from youtube and experimenting by myself! definitely come in store and ask any of us for advice! you can always do mini makeovers which is a free 15 minute service! you can learn so much from it! ❤️❤️

Re: Too Young?

@nnoellee I do not think the employees will judge you!  I was in Sephora a little over a week ago and saw many girls there your age, if not younger.  In fact, I think you will find that the employees will understand where you are coming from b/c they probably started with makeup at the same age.  Enjoy!

Oh honey. Never feel that way. I was twelve years old when I started wearing makeup. I'm 16 now. I've been wearing makeup everyday basically since. You are fine!!!!

@nnoellee   You are definitely not too young if this is something you enjoy and your parents are on board.  In fact, this is the best time in your life to learn how to do looks and experiment.

My daughter is a younger teen and she shares my love of makeup and  beauty so we have a lot of fun shopping together.  We go to Sephora a lot and I don't think she has ever felt judged -the emploees comment on how cute she is, but also seem super impressed by her knowledge of products and techniques (she spends a lot of time on YT).

I will say that this is also an important time in your life to start 

@nnoellee  Sorry - can't scroll on my phone to finish my post - I was going to say that this is also the best time to dive into skin care.

Good luck! ❤️

I'm 11 and have more makeup than my mom so....

DONT BE ASHAMED !!im 12 and I started at 11

I'm only 15 and I wear makeup everyday. I've been wearing it since I was little and started wearing everyday when I was around 11 or 12. Makeup is fun and it's just like any other art form. There isn't an age limit on creativity!

Yeah!!
Anonymous Insider

The important thing is that you're doing what you love. Honestly, anyone working in a Sephora store more likely than not just wants to do their job and won't say anything. If makeup makes you happy- get makeup! When I was 13 I wish I had someone tell me it's fine to play with makeup and style techniques. I'm 22 now and only just now exploring something that would have definitely been a blast playing with sooner. Also, a lot of people look young now a days, if you're worried someone will say something just pretend you're older and your face is just young! That's what I used to do with anime conventions!

People will always judge others for one thing or another. Some of my best memories at your age involve trying out makeup looks and new products even though i didnt wear makeup out then either. Dont worry too much what others think, you have nothing to prove. 

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing