Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Thought you all might enjoy this....

Nars lipgloss & YSL glossy stains serve another purpose... Place markers! 

I'm fed up trying to find a vanity that I really like that's under 2G's... so against my boyfriend's wishes I will build my own from IKEA. It won't go with our furniture & decor, but I'm running out of space & trying to find makeup in random places throughout the house is just not working out for me. 

This was all a very sudden decision & I was too lazy to go to the basement to find painters tape. So I improvised with lippies Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

IMG_2576.jpg

Re: Thought you all might enjoy this....

Great idea! I've done this with nailpolish bottles haha, and WHY are vanities so pricey?? I had the same exact issue and ended up with an Ikea dresser too because I just couldn't take it anymore! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Agreed, the one I really want is from Potter Barn Teen, but for the price it doesn't hold that much... but it does look pretty. After shipping & tax it's like $2,500. Not worth it if it can't store a majority of my makeup

I love the Lilac Desk and Vanity from PB Teen. That was one of my first choices, but the color doesn't match the off white/cream color that I have in my bedroom (Crate and Barrel Harbor)...

PB Teen is having a sale right now!!! Just so you know! Smiley Happy

Good thinking! Plus, they look much cuter than tape!

agreed & easier to move around when playing with different dimensions 

Aww how cute!!!

<3 Melissa

good idea!

Haha i love the idea! I've tried helping my little cousin once with adding and subtracting when he was first learning and i used my makeup as visual guides lol!

I'm sure he loved that Smiley Wink 

That is great.  I used eyeshadow to go over colors with my youngest niece.  Smiley Happy

Hahahaha, for a minute I thought it was your way of protesting. If you can't have a place to keep your things all nice and organized, then they will have to go on every flat surface in the house. I wonder how long it would take to convince someone a vanity was a necessity. Smiley Tongue

Actually I unpacked a lot of bags & boxes that were taking over the back wall and my "vanity area" that were sitting there for a few months. New rule.. nothing goes on the floor of our gigantic bedroom.

I have always used "creative" marking tools.  Yours are definitely the prettiest!

I absolutely love it!! What are you getting from Ikea? I love the glosses! And that is the perfect space for a vanity!!!

I have no idea what I want... I want the mirrored vanity look (a bit daintier to go with my bedroom set)... Neither the Pier One or the Horchow one has enough drawers. I can always order more Muji drawers... But I really wish the Ikea Alex drawers came the mirrored look! Lol.

My mom had a great idea too- get some cute hat boxes and put them on the floor as "decoration" but have backups and other less used items in there to make up for space. And that way all of my items are close by the vanity.

yeah I love the Horchow pieces but they are so small. 

I'm also curious about what you get from Ikea.  I was just thinking today that I need to cave and get a vanity.  I've already done the whole ready-to-assemble thing several times, so Ikea doesn't scare me (and I've had very good luck with my ready-to-assemble stuff).  My biggest issue is finding a home for a vanity.  I might need to do some furniture rearranging...

I know that I'm eyeing the Malm dressing table

swfupload_4047462948820811427.jpgPhoto: misscurlylocks.com

So I'm building my own vanity from IKEA. The malm dressing table is way tooooo small, even if it's just temporary. 

So I'm going with 2 Alex drawer units as the base & then a 59" tabletop over them. I'm also going to add an Ekby Alex shelf with drawers in the middle of the table top. 

Now I just need to find a pretty mirror 

I feel so defeated going the IKEA route, but I really don't have a choice right now. 

My vanity is a work in progress and I just found one of the Alex drawers on Craigslist for super cheap (matching shelf on the other side). I absolutely love them. I don't have a table top, just the Ekby shelf w drawers and and Ekby glasstop shelf stacked. You are going to love how much you can organize with those drawers!

IMG_20130907_002351.jpgBTW this has been S'mores new sleepy spot!

Cute kitty!

37 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • IMG_2576.jpg
  • swfupload_4047462948820811427.jpg
  • IMG_20130907_002351.jpg
  • 1233430_10202079889386720_2102781072_n.jpg
  • 1000572_10202013076476439_1861495415_n.jpg
  • swfupload_7016347907148161283.jpg
  • IMG_2577.jpg