Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The What R U Watching Challenge ~ Post Your DVR or Streaming Queue!

So I know there are various threads where we post what we are viewing/streaming but I thought it might be interesting for 2018 to have a CHALLENGE to post the queue of your choice for what you are currently seeing on your screen. 🙂

Rules:

1. Rules... There are no stinking rules! (just kidding!)

2. No really.. basically take a screen or type a list of the queue of your choice. Acceptable lists could come from such places as your: home DVR, YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Video, etc.

The more we share... the more you know! (oh wait... I'm not an NBC commercial!) But in all seriousness, my hope for this thread is by sharing these pics and/or lists we will learn about new shows, movies, series, etc. that some of us maybe never knew about before. The more we share, the more we learn. Sharing is caring!!!

So here is my share as of 01/16/2018 (taken from my home DVR via Verizon Fios):

IMG_0183.JPGIMG_7657.JPG

Yes, I have a problem. And my problem is named BRAVO.

@veronika23 @Tamara76 @Anonymous @tsavorite @ZombieMetroAnt @Ispend2much6 @darkiceis @Mcakes @k617 @mermadelove

(please tag others to join in the fun!)

Re: The What R U Watching Challenge ~ Post Your DVR or Streaming Queue!

@melanito ,

Are you watching the original Charmed or the new Charmed. I LOVE both and was very skeptical about the reboot but, it is so different you don't even find yourself comparing the two. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@melanito That doc sounds very interesting. Is it on Netflix?

yeah it is. such good docs. nice break ftom fluff i watch

yeah it is. such good docs. nice break ftom fluff i watch

@melanito That sounds so interesting, I will have to look into it! Also, This is Us is one of my favorites 🙂

Best,
Rebecca 

Has anyone seen the Netflix documentary "FRYE"? If you haven't, I definitely recommend it. It is all about the scandal of the FRYE Festival. So interesting! 

Best,

Rebecca 

@RebeccaBT  I just finished both, watched the Netflix one first and I have to say, the Hulu one was even more a bit more insane because they included an actual interview with Billy himself! He is straight up delusional, the whole thing was like a trainwreck you just couldn't look away from!

The Hulu one has more of a social media/influencer angle to it, and was definitely harsher on the everyone, but both documentaries are pretty interesting; it's amazing how many people just went along with the insanity! And how much money was wasted and all those Bahamians that were just screwed over. The most stunning is the complete lack of remorse, just, wow. 

It's interesting that you reviewed the docs this way @MissPuff  My hubs read on Reddit somewhere that Hulu paid Billy for an interview and F*ck Jerry was behind the Netflix one which seems to have totally influenced the documentary style.  

@michelleshops  I saw that too! After watching both, of course I had to google for more info on both. I gotta say, knowing that Billy got paid but was still portrayed as a total lying scumbag, I'm kinda okay with that. What an idiot, who is giving him advice?! 

The Netflix one was more slick (makes sense knowing it was F*uck Jerry), and while both were pretty damning, I felt like the Hulu one really emphasized just how much of a money grab it was. I do think the Netflix one highlighted more how poorly all these rich people just totally screwed over the Bahamians. 

Watched it last weekend so interesting and oddly relatable... 

I mad my family watch this over the weekend and just became more incensed watching it again.  Such a good rec @RebeccaBT 

@michelleshops I am so happy that you enjoyed it! I hope your family enjoyed it as well 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

wow this was shocking. i remember the tweets being made f...

wow this was shocking. i remember the tweets being made fun of but if that was you... Unreal what a crook that guy is. Great storytelling

@RebeccaBT,

I am slightly obsessed with the Fyre Festivle

Spoiler*

But I still wanna know how Ja Rule did not get into any trouble?! That is the one thing  that still baffles me! I also watched the whole thing fall apart on Twitter, when I was in bed! It was, at the time, SO FUNNY to see it fall apart. But knowing now how people were so negatively affected, makes it SO SAD! 

-Janean

Update, Ja Rule has started ANOTHER app that is very similar to the FYRE app that they were attempting to promote with this festival. It's called ICONN smh. Someone should tell this dude to give it up! 

@JaneanBT  Oh I totally agree with JaRule. Like how did he not take ANY hits?! Have you watched the Hulu version yet, at the end, there are clips of JaRule on some sort of radio show where he claims it was all his idea, he was super involved, and that his new Iconn app/product is basically just the Fyre booking app. BANANAS.

@JaneanBT  I know! I did not get how he walked away from this! It is crazy! All of it is so fascinating to me!

Oh my goodness, just watched this last night! It was so crazy. I feel so terrible for the Bahamian people that got royally screwed over. And some of the revelations were just jaw dropping- like the whole water story... YIKES. 

This is totally on my list! I can't decide whether to watch the Netflix or Hulu one but either way I'm definitely excited!

@Kim888 I have only watched the Netflix one so far but here both are amazing! Let me know what you think!

Best,
Rebecca 

I debated cancelling plans this weekend just to watch both the Netflix and Hulu ones @RebeccaBT I'm so excited to see them. The drama!!

@michelleshops I loved it! I am planning to watch the Hulu one this weekend! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did 🙂

Best,
Rebecca 

testing