Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The What R U Watching Challenge ~ Post Your DVR or Streaming Queue!

So I know there are various threads where we post what we are viewing/streaming but I thought it might be interesting for 2018 to have a CHALLENGE to post the queue of your choice for what you are currently seeing on your screen. ๐Ÿ™‚

Rules:

1. Rules... There are no stinking rules! (just kidding!)

2. No really.. basically take a screen or type a list of the queue of your choice. Acceptable lists could come from such places as your: home DVR, YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Video, etc.

The more we share... the more you know! (oh wait... I'm not an NBC commercial!) But in all seriousness, my hope for this thread is by sharing these pics and/or lists we will learn about new shows, movies, series, etc. that some of us maybe never knew about before. The more we share, the more we learn. Sharing is caring!!!

So here is my share as of 01/16/2018 (taken from my home DVR via Verizon Fios):

IMG_0183.JPGIMG_7657.JPG

Yes, I have a problem. And my problem is named BRAVO.

@veronika23 @Tamara76 @Anonymous @tsavorite @ZombieMetroAnt @Ispend2much6 @darkiceis @Mcakes @k617 @mermadelove

(please tag others to join in the fun!)

RE: The What R U Watching Challenge ~ Post Your DVR or Streaming Queue!

Me and my fiancรฉ are anime nerds sooo we donโ€™t have cable, just Crunchyroll and Netflix. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Re: The What R U Watching Challenge ~ Post Your DVR or Streaming Queue!

Lol I can't stop watching Keeping up with the Kardashians - it's such a guilty pleasure show I just love the drama haha 

Also I finally watched I, Tonya! It was so good!!!

Hi @Kim888,

I keep going back and forth when it comes to I, Tonya. I feel conflicted. I love Margot Robbie and have the biggest crush on Sebastian Stan but the story (especially when it comes to her relationships), I think would frustrate me knowing what essentially happens! 

P.S. I am probably going to watch it this weekend! lol 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT I feel the same way!  

I liked I,Tonya.

I've been watching Queen Bey kill it at Coachella ALL. DAY. LONG. Seriously, a must watch, the entire thing was spectacular! 

Beyoncรƒยฉ

I watched four movies this weekend, and covered a wide range.

Texas Killing Fields with Sam Worthington, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Jessica Chastain

Image result for texas killing fields movie

The Beguiled with Nicole Kidman, Colin Farrell. Kirsten Dunst, Elle Fanning

Image result for the beguiled movie

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara

Image result for the girl with the dragon tattoo

My Cousin Rachel with Rachel Weisz

Image result for my cousin rachel movie

oooh how was the beguiled @greeneyedgirl107 !? That's been on my list to watch for sure!!! 

I really liked girl with the dragon tattoo 

@Kim888 It was OK.  I don't highly recommend it, but I think it was decent.  I enjoyed the Civil War background, and the plot twists.  It definitely has kept me thinking about it.  So overall I would say it was worth watching ๐Ÿ™‚

@greeneyedgirl107  I watched several movies this weekend too. How did you like the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?  I saw one, The Girl on the Train, that had as many "turns" as that movie! You have to watch very careful or you might miss something. I did like both for the suspense! 

@yankeefaithful I did enjoy "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo!"  It was one of the best movies that I've seen recently.  I regret holding off for long, but I was put off by what a fuss was being made over Rooney Mara.  I wish they would go ahead and film some of the sequels already!

I also enjoyed "The Girl on the Train!"

If you like suspense and twists, then you may enjoy "Prisoners" with Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal and Maria Bello:

Image result for prisoners movie

@greeneyedgirl107  I agree, it was a good movie and I would like to see sequels! Thanks for info on Prisoners! I will definitely check it out. I also saw Patriot's Day. It's was well worth watching! 

@yankeefaithful I will add that to my queue!  I hate to admit it, but I usually like Mark Wahlberg's movies!

I love the movie โ€œFearโ€ starring Mark Wahlberg and Reese Witherspoon. Have you seen it @greeneyedgirl107?

@Lucki1  I've seen that several times!! I got nervous watching it because Mark Wahlberg was so creepy!! And when they cut the dog's head off-eek๐Ÿ˜œ!! But I still watch it- go figure!

@yankeefaithful There are definitely some parts I have to look away for! Its hard to believe that movie came out in 1996.

I saw it many years ago, @Lucki1.  That was around the time it first came out, and I remember my friend being like, "Don't tell my parents we watched that movie!"  I think it's for free right now On Demand.

@greeneyedgirl107 How is The Beguiled? I've only ever seen the poster for it at theaters. But they look pretty.

@Samtian I would give it 3.5 stars.  If you are drawn to the romance of the 1860s, then you will likely enjoy the atmosphere and be drawn in - as I was.  It's the sort of movie that keeps you guessing; which is both engaging and frustrating.  That said, the movie had weaknesses such as lacking historical details and being unclear at time (I know some of this was intentional, but some of it just seemed sloppy).  I think what I liked most about it was that it was only about 90 minutes, as I find that so many movies are in the two hour range and seem too long.  The other side of the coin is that things progressed quickly in the movie.  I wouldn't exactly say the movie was fast-paced, so much as that the characters emotions seemed rushed from scene to scene.

I actually posted on the BIC Book Club thread that I thought the book would probably be better.  The movie was decent, but I probably cheated myself out of a good read by watching the movie first!

I've also been watching "Black Mirror." Sometimes the episodes are way too creepy for me to watch alone, so I have to find something else (haha). But I love the whole sci-fi-technology-takeover theme in each episode. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best,

Laurie

As a whole I've enjoy the series so far. Some of episodes are misses for me, but some of them I have really loved- seeing how certain things we do today could be extrapolated into the future (and of course the consequences that could come as a result). 

testing