Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The Holiday Decorations Thread

The holidays are going to be strange this year. Many people, including myself, are unable to celebrate with family or simply the way they want to. On the news this morning they were discussing that many people are decorating early because they feel they need cheer. I put my tree up a couple days ago. I was thinking it would be nice to see other people's decorations and spread the cheer. I am NOT just talking about Christmas. I consider myself mostly Jewish but grew up celebrating many holidays and have a Christmas tree of my own. So no pressure in terms of holiday or religion. Whatever you want to share. I finished putting the details on my tree today.

20201117_182700.jpg

Re: The Holiday Decorations Thread

@tsavorite   On sale at Bed Bath and Beyond for $12 right now, I believe.

Thank you, @Ispend2much6 !

Really pretty! @Ispend2much6 

@KehDee   Thanks so much!  I added it to my BBB order in order to qualify for a $50 giftcard, and it turned out better than I had hoped.

That's cute! I've always wanted to hang a wreath outside my door, but I'm always afraid it would get stolen. Maybe I'll just take a cue from you and hang it up on my wall. I'm hoping we get a tree up this year (my husband is very late as he is the master of decorating our home to being *this close* of holiday tacky) but he's gone all mega Clark Griswald on me this year and has spent 3 days outside with the lights 😶 😂. At least I can take a picture of the outdoor lighting to share. I may have to go find a mini tree online and just put that up as I can't physically get the tree down from the attic without breaking my neck. IDK I think he kinda wants to skip Christmas this year, and as it's been a tough one for us all, I'm not going to push him. I have been harassing him for the last month trying to get him to tell me what he wants for Christmas to little avail. As someone who comes from a family where Christmas shopping starts in Sept. this is very frustrating. Please keep the tree pics/decorations up I love this thread 🎄☃️🎅

@niki172 - Please take a picture of your outdoor lights!  I'm sorry he hasn't taken your cue to put up the tree.  Maybe he wanted to get the outdoor project done first?  Why not go out this weekend and buy a wreath to hang on your wall and if you happen across a mini tree...  😁

@Titian06 that's true he's very "do this step first then the next" so maybe he will. I know he's a bit down in the dumps recently. I need to buckle down and find me a mini tree! And I'll take that picture I promise.

@niki172   He must want to have some semblance of Christmas to spend three days getting lights ready (or maybe that killed the Christmas spirit. lol  It would for me.)  I'm going all out as much as I can to give some semblance of normalcy. 

Please do share you outdoor light pictures when you take them.  We tend to have rainy winters and our lights keep shorting out, even with covering the connections between the lights' plug and the extension cords.  Even as we speak, it just happened as we are on the edge of a nor'easter.  I  feel so badly for my husband, since it's his job to fix them every time.

@Ispend2much6 ooh it's cold here and I don't even want to think about a nor'easter (had family that lived in Maine for 5 years). Please stay safe and warm. It's a balmy 37 degrees here - may go out in shorts 😅

@niki172   And here I thought my kid was crazy for riding his bike in 50+ degree weather in shorts. 😉

@Ispend2much6 I swear there are a lot of men here (you see them a lot in the grocery store for some reason before Covid) that go around in shorts in freezing temperatures. You have to wonder what in the world makes them think that it's a good day for shorts when the temps are in the 20's. Honestly I wear sandals all the time (no socks that a big no-no) and when I was younger in my college years I wore them even if there was a lot of snow on the ground. Now I won't if there's snow on the ground, but I did wear them when I went to the Dr's office on Friday and it was in the mid 30's. So yeah your kid's in good company 🤣.

@niki172   It is funny.  Men have such higher metabolisms, it seems, and create their own heat source.  Depends where you live too.  Where I am now, anything 60 or below is cause for winter clothing.  Where I grew up, shorts would be worn.

Ooh, that's so pretty, @Ispend2much6!

@quspork Thanks!It's even more sparkly in person.

It's very pretty, @Ispend2much6!

@curlychiquita   Thank you! Christmas is a time to shine. 🙂

This is the first time this has happened in 20 years.  I couldn't help but laugh that it is during this year, 2020, that we couldn't find the top part of our tree! We have to store the top separately from the rest of the tree because the tree bag isn't large enough. 

20201202_175329_HDR.jpg

@Ispend2much6 - Just stick a big red light-up bow on top...right @ShortErica ?  😂

@Titian06 definitely! Or @Ispend2much6 you could get a big red ball and make it the cherry on top of the tree sundae

@ShortErica   So much creativity on this thread! 🙂

@Titian06  Great idea!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos42
  • 20201117_182700.jpg
  • 20201117_170259.jpg
  • 24CF2EEC-A84C-4D2A-994F-ABC4D9F103A2.jpeg
  • simba_n.jpg
  • 20201118_162534.jpg