Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

The Fabz No Buy Challenge

I figured we needed an official thread for this.  The goal is to detox from frequent beauty purchases (beauty basics exempt) for one month beginning on March 1st.   This is the place to give tips and tricks on your willpower, support for it, and whatever random cravings that may come your way!

Good luck, ladies!

Re: The Fabz No Buy Challenge

curse that autocorrect!

I like the French Riviera kit from TF if you want to try a variety of bronzers (including their matte one), plus the highlighter is so pretty!

The LM lipstick formula is what impresses me so much. It's super creamy and lasts very well!

I've got a couple of Bourjois foundations on eBay I'll get once it hits Aprils since their "cash back reward" can be cashed in then. I did have to get my Fairy Drops mascara, but since Sephora discontinued it, it'll be an Amazon purchase.

I've never tried anything by laura mercier, but I've always wanted to try her TM. Its just such a pain trying on things like foundations/tm/bb/cc cream and the like, because I have to wipe off my current makeup and spend some time matching myself. Lipstick are easy to try on and wipe off, so I'm always looking at trying a new one!

I have a couple of bronzers that I havent even tried yet, so until I do I really cant justify buying another bronzer because I might end up loving what I already have. Plus it takes me awhile to use up one bronzer, I'm pale and mostly use it to contour, I wear it all over my face only in summer time.

The TF kit has tiny ones Smiley Tongue so you can run through them quicker *enabling powers activate* haha!

If you end up wanting to try complexion products but already have one a face of make up, wipe a bit from your jawline or back of the jaw by your ear. That way you can cover up the area with hair if you can't touch it back up to a perfect match.

LM's concealers are pretty spot on, she hit it on the head in terms of being able to deliver simple but effective complexion products.

Oh I take that back, I DID try something by LM! Her face scrub! I remember getting a deluxe samples of it, it was very intense and scratchy, not at all for sensitive skin.

O_o, eeeee, I've never heard much about her skin care products before, but eep

swfupload_433335346879226950.jpg

I had a narrow escape last night!  I received a 20% off coupon from Ulta and went crazy filling up my online shopping cart with a bunch of stuff (Smashbox eye palette, Tarte eye palette, TooFaced SweetHearts Blush, among other things).  This morning I woke up in a saner mood and deleted everything except some skincare stuff that I actually need and will use until it's gone.  And maaaaaybe I'll let myself finally get that gorgeous heart-shaped blush.

Only a few more days guys!! I've already started planning out what I need to get/want to get before my next no buy. Sprouts is having this super major sale on 3-4 companies, they are taking out a few lines completely so all those all natural skincare/makeup items will be 4-6 bucks each, instead of the usual $20+. I saw a full cart of goodies when I went grocery shopping, but resisted because I know that all that stuff cant possibly be all sold out over the next few days.

Yeah, I put all my coupons in one place, and now I have 5+ from BBW, Express, H&M, VS etc that expires tomorrow. I was tempted to go to the mall last weekend, but fortunately I was SUPER busy and also, the mall is 40min away so I limit the trips I take, and I want to go for the Apr Sephora promo.

The guilty pleasure/Korean skincare from Amazon have arrived, I forgot it's not Sephora so $20 can actually get you quite a big sized item (seriously, the toner is 16oz, NY soda limit?). I'm gonna display it on my desk as a sign to NOT buy toner/serum again until I finish a couple proj-10 pan.

I LOVE coupons I got quite a few good ones but I've stayed strong. I'm ready for this month to be over already!

STAY STRONG SISTAS Smiley Tongue

swfupload_8836470584836615950.jpg

Get the blush...get the blush...get the blush...

No pressure Smiley Wink Smiley Tongue

WARNING:  THIS THREAD IS FULL OF EVIL ENABLERS!  ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE!  Smiley Very Happy  (but I really do think I'll purchase that blush soon.... Smiley Happy

I'm still going strong, I think! LOL
Days up to 27 are DONE. I can't wait till the 31st. Not only do I have extra money in the bank because of no buy but I'm also getting my pay check that week! Meaning I will have a huge haul. So many items have been on my shopping list. I want to stay loyal to Sephora but Ulta just sent a 20% off coupon, pretty sure thats better than the 15% we might be getting for Chic week at Sephora. I also have a list for non beauty items I wanted to get for spring/summer. 

can't wait to see your haul!  we want pics! Smiley Very Happy

I feel like we need to make a thread of what we got after No Buy. Tell me I'm not the only one imgining what I'm planning to get with my shopping list. I'm pretty sure since we're transitioning to new season, is the reason for this huge shopping list.

Agreed!

you should totally do it!  i'd love to see what everyone gets after the no-buy!  will give me ideas for summer Smiley Very Happy

Whew close call!  I had to go into the office today to fill out some ppwk, well i had to run into Target on the way home.  I grabbed two mascaras ( maybelline illegal length- I think it  is tubing? And the l'oreal voluminous carbon black). And then I had 2 packages of face wipes.  Got all the way up to the checkout and said "get a grip, it's not April 1 or the 11th yet - must wait!!!!!!". I walked out with only what I needed. All non makeup related! YEAH!

Good job! I know it wasn't easy. I think the first thing I'm gonna pick up after this no buy is a couple drugstore products too, then I'll wait for the 11th, because the stuff I want from sephora right now are all from brands they don't have at ulta.

531 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos59
  • 20130130_182241.jpg
  • 20130130_182102.jpg
  • swfupload_2002682968061814366.jpg
  • SP-YSL-Spring-2013-5201.jpg
  • swfupload_20955857442239972.jpg
  • swfupload_3578950758167471685.jpg
  • swfupload_8873215813754401254.jpg
  • swfupload_2548939573413675903.gif
  • swfupload_568889891001623211.jpeg