Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

The Fabz No Buy Challenge

I figured we needed an official thread for this.  The goal is to detox from frequent beauty purchases (beauty basics exempt) for one month beginning on March 1st.   This is the place to give tips and tricks on your willpower, support for it, and whatever random cravings that may come your way!

Good luck, ladies!

Re: The Fabz No Buy Challenge

Honey only is nice after you rinse it off, but it's sticky and messy and much better when mixed with other things. I have combination skin, so the oats does mattify and when I rub it off after it dries, it provides some exfoliation. For hydration mask, I strongly recommend doing half honey and half plain whole milk yogurt. Yogurt makes it feels sooo good like your skin is just drinking it in. If you care about texture, try it. But it has to be the whole milk/fat and plain (no sugar/flavor) kind.

Week 1 done! 3 more to go!

Congrats ladies! I hope everyone is doing great so far. I almost forgot I was even doing this the other day as I was browsing Walgreens (yes...again!). I snapped out of it and walked out with my candy and formula Smiley Tongue

Its okay to browse, both in store and online. This isnt an anti-window shopping thread lol. Plus, I love looking at new things.

Okay I know that a lot of you guys have tried NYX. What are the lip glosses like? Texture/pigment/smell wise? I saw a gorgeous pink (beige) at the grocery store the other day, they have a massive selection of neat colors. I've only used their chubby eyeliner, and I gave it away lol.

I've been told that the lipglosses have a strange scent to it. Other than that they are quite pretty.

I just added a bunch of orange lipsticks to my shopping list. I've been wanting one since last summer and the right kind of orange looks really nice on me.

Orange? wow I have never even contimplated that color choice. Are you talking about a dark orange?

Oh I love Korres lip butter in Mango, it's bright orange and scary, but it's sheer so it just makes my lips look pouty.

Well, you have a couple weeks time to research and narrow the choice down before you buy next month. ;P

Fabz---Noooooooooo, BRIGHT orange. Spring/summer type of color. I've been wearing a lot of bright pants lately, and have kinda been matching my lipcolor to my pants hehe. Weird? Maybe. If I got my bright pink pants on, I have my bright pink lip on. Makes it easier to rock a super bright color (helllooo lip tars!!).

Now that I think about it...its not a color that I would wear everyday, all the time....so maybe I should get a drugstore one. I'm looking at Milani lipstick in mandarina, and maybe Rimmel london has a nice bright orange too. Or maybe even flower beauty!

The pic is from TEMPTALIA

http://www.temptalia.com/the-summer-season-milani-mandarina-lipstick

beautytester---I dont know if this is just me, but the Korres lip butters leave this extremely unpleasant aftertaste in my mouth that I can feel all the way down to the pit of my stomach. I have the clear one (which actually goes on WHITE, no joke) and havent touched it in months. Its good for sheering out/lightening too dark lipsticks or too bright lipsticks though. Just not a a fan of the aftertaste.

The fact that the kat is wearing a rice bowl on its head makes me even more happy!

Don't know how this became a cat thread but I felt like I had to get in on it.

LOLcatz are the face for the no-buy challenge!

Highlighted

Kitteh seyz!!!!!!

BUT I NEEDZ DIS! lulz

Cheers to day 8! Nothing much happened today. I was thiiis close to going to a Sephora store while running an errand yesterday but decide to get grocery instead since it was snowing. Well, my car is buried today and looking at all my red lipcolors kind of satisfied my craving. Just been working from home, in my pajamas and red pout while listening to ansty Korean pop (no idea what they are saying but tunes are catchy).

day 8 completed. Huzzah!

So nice to see someone else use the phrase huzzah, someone once asked me what it meant >.< HUZZAH

Did the Sephora swatch today while returning my husbands pants to the mall. I briefly looked around before taking the picture and left. YAY. I actually didn't purchase anything while I was out except different pants for hubby.

Day 8 and 9 are now COMPLETED!

Its feel longer than that! 

day 8 completed. Again, huzzah!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos59
  • 20130130_182241.jpg
  • 20130130_182102.jpg