Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The Disney Thread!

I've been meaning to start this thread forever and thanks to @lmi82 for giving me the push! Please post any current or upcoming Disney collections here. There are so many which include beauty, fragrance and fashion. Whether it's Sephora, Danielle Nicole handbags, Jamberry nails or my favorite cheap stuff from the drugstore collections, add it here. There are so many Disney fans here on BT and our posts get scattered. Hope this enables our shopping habits all the more.  โœจFaith, Trust and Pixiedust!

IMG_4411.JPG

Re: The Disney Thread!

Actually I haven't seen that movie, @darkiceis. To be honest, I've never been a big fan of that actor so I kind of stay away from projects he is in.

Hahaha @willa25 now thatโ€™s my cup of tea! Youโ€™re hilarious! Being socially aware and having more knowledge of history has ruined so many, if not most, Disney movies for me. 

@bakeamuffin, I always tell my students each year that part of my goal as being their teacher is to teach them the "version" of history that was swept under the rug.. the one they will never read about in the textbooks.

It has been part of my mantra since the beginning and is kind of (no, actually not kind of.. more like 100% big deal to me) that I was always teach the full truth, not the glamorized or edited versions that many of us learned not too long when we were in school.

Hope I made you smile.. seems like you got a kick out of the whole thing!

@willa25 ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Now thats a Classic Debbie Downer and I 100% approve ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ And your hubby was losing his mind, makes it even better ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m cracking up at this!

Oh you (name I can't say right now).. why did you call me DEBBIE DOWNER!?!?

You know how many times I have been called that in my life??? (Teasing you about what I said first but not about this part) Sometimes I just find it hard to shut off my brain. It's constantly in speed information mode!

IMG_5023.GIF

@willa25 The reason I said it and LMAO is because Iโ€™ve been called the same many times ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™m starting to wear it like a badge of honor ๐Ÿ˜‚ and that Disney Debbie Downer skit is one of the funniest things ever! I laugh every time I see it and love that the cast is barely holding it together ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป

OMG @willa25, what a story! LOL!!  

Geez Disney, what's up with that "John"...everyone else cast called in sick that day?  HA HA HA  

@ZombieMetroAnt, unfortunately, I can't take credit for this epic John Smith pic. It was a google image find. 

@willa25 YAY! Triple D alert ๐Ÿ˜‚ Love it Willa and itโ€™s amazing to see you too! I still use that Sephora travel bag you sent me and the little red Hourglass lippie ๐Ÿ’„  and I think of you every time I use them โค๏ธ That was the most amazing gift and Iโ€™ll always remember it! 

@pixiedust2, OH WOW! The fact that still use the gifts I sent you... well, that just made me smile from ear to ear!!!

giphy

I too, think of you also! I've only done the gift exchange thing a few times as well as few personal mermaid and/or unicorn mail shipments as well. So.. basically every time I do one I then forever and after memorize my giftee's likes.  Like, I still 100% remember your love of pugs. See! ๐Ÿ™‚

@pixiedust2, Sending you love and hugs from one coast of the country to the other! 

giphy

1A7AFF4B-74EC-437A-8105-04AD505566A0.gif

@willa25 Yes, I love me some Pugs ๐Ÿถโค๏ธ๐Ÿถ And I remember unpacking your gift like it was yesterday. There was more, and more and more! It was like Christmas!!! You have mad memory skills! There was so much cute tiny stuff like a mini Hourglass primer, the mini lipsticks (which I collect like a fiend) and so much more. Sending you a big giant hug right back Willa ๐Ÿ˜˜

@pixiedust2, KISSES right back at ya sister love!!!

Has anyone been to Disneyland Paris? Iโ€™m traveling to Paris in March with family and I think I need to go. Just wanted to hear any thoughts or suggestions. Also, we have a travel thread here somewhere, right? Iโ€™ll be in Amsterdam and France and I need a long list of stores and products to buy ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

OMG - Yay!  I went to Euro Disney twice the year it opened (do they still call it that? lol!), but I don't have many tips to offer because that was like 25 years ago!  

I'm doing to go back some day, though, and cannot wait to hear about your experience!  @pixiedust2

@pixiedust2 I went a long time ago, so I'm sure it's changed a bit, but it's really lovely. The Haunted Mansion (my favorite old school ride) has a different storyline than the one in Orlando (my home turf), but I liked it a lot. Space Mountain was also different but really fun! The park is on the smaller side, more like Disneyland than The Magic Kingdom, but well worth a day's visit, amongst all the other amazing things to do in Paris. You'll have a blast! 

@LCResz The Haunted Mansiom is my fav too! I think itโ€™s called Phantom Manor there, maybe? DL is my home turf and even though I have an annual pass, I havenโ€™t been able to go much lately. And I miss it. Disney is just my happy place. So many memories. 

Thank you for your input.  I REALLY want to go. Itโ€™s right there! But we only have four full days in Paris so Iโ€™m hoping we can squeeze it in. Because yโ€™all know Iโ€™ve alreasy  booked an entire day to shop at Sephora and all the other boutiques on that stretch. Told hubby Iโ€™m using the card, Iโ€™m maxing it out and Iโ€™ll see you at midnight ๐Ÿ˜‚ I have priorities ๐Ÿง

@LCResz, agreed. Paris is a nice city to visit. Make sure if you can to take a day trip to the Palace of Versailles. It is barely outside city and one nicest and most beautiful places I have ever visited. Here are some reference pics for you.. these are actually my pics from when I went there.

The building from the front.The building from the front.The gardens.. which are amazing. Our Washington D.C. Mall area was majorly copied based on the setup of these gardens.The gardens.. which are amazing. Our Washington D.C. Mall area was majorly copied based on the setup of these gardens.The building from the back. You also tour the insides as well.The building from the back. You also tour the insides as well.

Beautiful pics, @willa25!!!  The last time I was in Paris was for my Honeymoon and we skipped Versailles in favor of going to the 24 Hours of Le Mans car race, which was one of hubby's life long dreams (and I'd been to Versailles a few times anyway).  Thank you for sharing!!! โค๏ธ

@willa25 Yes Versailles is on my list! Another must see. Thanks for posting those gorgeous pics. Oh to have wandered those halls back in the day!

@pixiedust2 Omg Iโ€™m so jealous! 

1AFEEDEC-C47A-4FB7-82FF-1301AB2B2CBE.gif

@pixiedust2, I have never personally been to the Paris park but many of my Disney friends are from London and they have shared with me their experiences before. 

Basically the quick and easy stuff I remember them saying was:

1. It is super expensive. (though most Disney Parks stuff is no matter where you are geographically)

2. It is a one day park according to a bunch of sources over the years. Two days tops.

3. It is good, but not great. Don't get there expecting Orlando. It is better to be on comparison levels to Disneyland in Anaheim, California simply b/c of size and number of rides.

With everything I wrote though, if I personally was given the opportunity to visit a disney park outside the United States, I would jump at the opportunity no matter where it was regardless of size, shape, age, etc. of the park. And remember, b/c it is Europe, you will see characters there that will never be out to be seen in the United States. (or at least not at as often; remember the Disney rule is only one character is out on the globe at a time)

I have also been to Amsterdam before, back in 2009, but I don't want to write a super long post and clog up this thread. Let me know if you need additional tips about visiting the Dutch Wonderland.

testing