Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The Disney Thread!

I've been meaning to start this thread forever and thanks to @lmi82 for giving me the push! Please post any current or upcoming Disney collections here. There are so many which include beauty, fragrance and fashion. Whether it's Sephora, Danielle Nicole handbags, Jamberry nails or my favorite cheap stuff from the drugstore collections, add it here. There are so many Disney fans here on BT and our posts get scattered. Hope this enables our shopping habits all the more.  Faith, Trust and Pixiedust!

IMG_4411.JPG

Re: The Disney Thread!

Available now! Luxie Beauty Jasmine brushes

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 1.25.36 PM.png

😍😍

😍😍

My Lip Smackers Disney Villain Tsum Tsum Nail Polish arrived today! 

disneyvillainlipsmackerpolish.jpg

WOW!!  These are absolutely amazing @Tamara76!!  Heart  I love how adorable they are...

Awwww - Thank you!!! ❤️   @ZombieMetroAnt

"Congrats to Mickey Mouse, the New Face of Kiehl's 2017 Holiday Collection!"

kieh.JPG

Spoiler
One of the most recognizable faces on the planet just got a major holiday gig. Congrats to Mickey Mouse, who is the 2017 face of the Kiehl's ninth annual Limited Edition Charitable Holiday collection.

Past Kiehl's holiday collaborations usually featured famous artists such as Faile, Jeff Koons, and Kenny Scharf. This year, Kiehl's is working with a beloved celebrity instead.

For some history, Mickey Mouse has been in our lives since Nov. 18, 1928, thanks to Disney. Mickey was born into the first synchronized-sound cartoon, Steamboat Willie (remember when cartoons were hand-drawn instead of computer animated?).

"More than 42 million people in the United States face hunger, including 13 million children and 5.7 million seniors," said Nancy Curby, senior vice president of corporate partnerships and operations at Feeding America. "Feeding America is grateful for the ongoing support of our partners at Kiehl's and thanks them for their creativity and commitment to helping people in need. We are excited to continue our partnership with the generous and incredibly heartwarming Disney x Kiehl's collaboration, which will help provide more than 1,100,000 meals to children and families this holiday season."

Kiehl's is equally jazzed about this feel-good partnership. "I can't think of a more fitting way to support children and families in need than with this collection featuring Mickey Mouse," said Chris Salgardo, president of Kiehl's USA. "Disney has been bringing joy to children and families everywhere for generations, and we are honored that this collaboration will raise funds for those with food insecurities, and awareness for the work of Feeding America. It's staggering that one in six children in America do not know where they will get their next meal, and we are humbled that the Kiehl's community can help do their part to alleviate that uncertainty."

As if we really needed another reason to spend our money on Disney swag! Keep reading to see your first look at all of the magical products before they are available for purchase on Nov. 2 at all Kiehl's stores and via Kiehls.com.

Special Edition Creme de Corps Grapefruit Whipped Body Butter ($38)

Special Edition Hydration Essentials Gift Set ($29)

Special Edition Collection For a Cause Set ($45)

Awww - These are too cute!   ❤️   I just wish the actual tubes had at least a hidden Mickey!  🙂 @ZombieMetroAnt

For anyone that is a Kipling fan, they are doing a small...

For anyone that is a Kipling fan, they are doing a small Snow White collection for the 80th anniversary of the film. There is a sneak peek on the website, and you can sign up to be notified once it is available.

RE: The Disney Thread!

At Saks on Fifth Ave NYC

x posting from Beauty News...

mally.JPGMally Beauty Frozen Collection to debut exclusively on QVC next month.

Spoiler
From WWD:

To say Mally Roncal is a fan of Disney, especially “Frozen,” is an understatement. Needless to say, the beauty entrepreneur and mother of three young girls knows the plot by heart.

Presented with the opportunity to team with Disney for licensed beauty collections, “Frozen” was a logical choice. “I’m still pinching myself. It is a dream come true and once I peeled myself off the floor, I knew we could make it [the collection] about female empowerment,” said Roncal. She will launch the Mally Beauty for Disney’s “Frozen” next month exclusively on QVC.

There are two versions of the limited-edition collections based on the sisters from the blockbuster hit — the highest-grossing animated film of all time. Packaged in ice castles, the assortment includes a range of highly pigmented eye shadows, eyeliners, mascaras, lip glosses and blushes and will retail for $49.96.

Industry sources estimate the “Frozen” beauty items could fetch at least $20 million in sales.

Roncal said she created the ensemble to be more than a novelty. “You get a full face and something you can use every single day whether you are 16 or 116,” said Roncal, adding Mally Beauty has a multigenerational following. “I meet young women who say their moms use Mally, too.”

Beauty collections tied to theatrical releases are expanding, especially those that are limited offerings rather than long-term licenses. Last month, Cargo Cosmetics, which shares a parent with Mally Beauty, revealed a licensing deal with “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”

“We’ve been looking forward to launching these two dynamic, personality-filled capsule collections” said Brian Robinson, president of Mally Beauty. “This collaboration with Disney’s ‘Frozen’ has given our team the opportunity to really showcase our creativity.”

The different personalities of the main characters, Elsa and Anna, afford Roncal the chance to use an array of hues. Elsa’s collection is regal with plums and pinks, while Anna’s palette is underscored by warm tones. “It is a makeup artist’s dream come true, I don’t need to choose one thing,” Roncal told WWD.

The “Frozen” phenomenon isn’t expected to thaw out anytime soon. “Frozen” is heading to Broadway in the spring and a short holiday film, “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure,” premieres Nov. 22 tagged on to Pixar’s Coco. A sequel is on the works for 2019. Mally Beauty will employ social media to build awareness for the beauty launch.

Known for her authentic and relatable onscreen presence, Roncal expects she’ll get emotional about “Frozen.” “On the Anna box, there is a screenshot of when she knocks on her sister’s door and asks if she wants to build a snowman. I’ll most likely be crying when I present it on QVC.”

Roncal, who spent 15 years on the road as a celebrity makeup artist, founded Mally Beauty in 2005. Her first outing on QVC sold out within 40 minutes. Her company was acquired by Beauty Visions, an affiliate of TPR, in 2015.

Roncal was able to interpret the personalities of the main characters in different assortments. 

Image result for funny Frozen gif

Had an insane week and my mom surprised me with this! (I was afraid I wasn't going to make it to the store before they sold out, so she went to Walgreens for me after I saw @Tamara76 post her awesome haul!)

IMG_0647.PNGIMG_0648.PNG

Unicorn Tsum collection releasing 10/10:

IMG_0639.PNGIMG_0640.PNG

Wow sooo awesome @Randell!  Love it!

@Randell What an awesome surprise! That globe is so cool!

I just pulled out a NBC lamp that I got at WDW for a Halloween event many years ago. I have so much Disney stuff still in boxes from when I moved 11 years ago!!! I'm slowly trying to get it out of the closet. This was a gift for attending the event. I wish they still did stuff like this ☹️

IMG_5729.JPG

I'm gonna have to hide it next time @ZombieMetroAnt comes over cuz I think she might steal it 😂 Also got the HM pj bottoms for hubby and they arrived today. Highly recommend them to anyone. They run a little big but the cotton is soft and comfortable. And I got the second book in the HM series, my Pug's namesake is in the title. How cute is this???

IMG_5734.JPGIMG_5735.JPG

And finally my teeny tiny HM tea set! It glows in the dark and the tea pot lid has little bats suspended from it when you lift the top 😱 ok I'll stop now LOL! Disney got all of my money last week. 

Why you little witch @pixiedust2 😂😂😂 you better hide that because I'm coming to get it!!!  I'll come after I go to Walgreens (thanks @Randell for the tip!  If I don't find it, can I PayPal your mom some money 😂 LOL)

💕 you guys are awesome!  Thanks for sharing 😘

@pixiedust2 Oh my, my, I love that NBC light! That is so unique! They really need to bring those kinds of items back! I love your collection. Oh, I bet going through those treasure boxes would be fun!!

@ZombieMetroAnt Haha! Seriously, if you don't find one, let me know. She said they had 3 left, so she could grab you one and I will bring it to you! Just let me know asap, because I am sure they'll sell quick. There's a Sally one, too. She's sitting by a taller stand with a snow globe on top. She couldn't remember if it was a cat or a bat inside it.

@Randell, aw, you're such a sweetheart! Thank you so much...I visited the Walgreen's site and used their "find in store" feature Smiley LOL  They're holding them at the store near me.  I'm also picking up this gem:

nbc 1.JPG

Heart Thanks so much for offering!!  You have the best parents Smiley Wink 

@ZombieMetroAnt I am so glad you found some! I love that one, too!

OMG I LOVE that lamp @pixiedust2!!!!! Wow!!!

disn.JPG

This Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is Hilarious

This Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is Hilarious

Smiley LOL 

Spoiler
This Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is HilariousThis Is What Would Happen If The Disney Characters Used The Face Swap Application; The Result Is Hilarious

OMG @ZombieMetroAnt! It just gets weirder and weirder LOL 😂😂😂😂😂

@veronika23...RIGHT?!  Smiley LOL 

testing