Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread

Hello BIC friends and fellow gardeners! Whether you have a container on your balcony, some indoor plants, a whole garden, or even if you just happen to visit a botanical garden or see a lovely space or plant in your neighborhood you want to share, this is the place! Please share pics, tips, plans and tricks about all things gardening!  

For many years I had a container balcony garden with mostly flowers and herbs (when travel allowed), and I am now embarking on my first backyard landscaping and gardening journey. 

I am often taking inspiration from the natural world around me and have recently had some spring inspiration for the Makeup Challenge of the Week and have loved chatting about gardening in our other threads, so I thought a new thread would be nice. 

It’s always so interesting to me to see plants and gardens from different regions and countries, so I hope you’ll join the conversation!  

PS: if you create a makeup look based on some plant or garden inspiration, please feel free to post your look or flat-lay here, too! 

Here are a few pics of my spring bulbs to start and I’ll share more soon (kindly ignore the weeds)! 

IMG_4017.jpeg

IMG_4387.jpeg

My old balcony (from the outside) - I’ll try to find an internal pic too:

IMG_3831.jpeg

Re: The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread

@Mellmars1185 They really are pretty. I love how they just fully extend their petals open when they bloom. 

I’m sorry to hear about your tree. At least you have an opportunity to change things up now. 

@JoSometimes Thank you. New beginnings for my garden!

These are beautiful @JoSometimes 🥰

Thank you @blackkitty2014! 🌸

Oh wow! They are so beautiful and profuse! @JoSometimes 

They're so pretty, @JoSometimes !  That would be a nice surprise!

Thank you @sister13 @Titian06! This one comes back every year and has spread all over the trellis I put behind it. I’m a little sad about its companion though. They were growing in the same plot maybe a metre from one another but other one mysteriously died. 

Yes, that is sad and a mystery! @JoSometimes 

@sister13 @You’ve combined my two favorite things into one thread: gardening and beauty products 😂 

Helping my grandmother out with her garden as a kid was such a formative memory for me. While I have an apartment balcony garden for now, I definitely aspire to have a grow space and big and plentiful as my grandma’s. My camera roll is mostly my cat, my beauty faves and of course my plants so here’s a nice photo dump of my setup 🙂

DABC8E03-97F1-4C19-B774-05B080163D1F.jpeg

5262F06A-5A67-4959-8797-C4C0C7590732.jpeg

Your avocado 🥑 pot is adorable!!! @Aliece98 

@Aliece98 , I love your avocado pot!  So cute!  🥑

@tsavorite thank you! It was a part of a micro green grow set!

Oh your balcony is lovely and that avocado with three sprouts is just darling! Glad you have joined us, mine is all pets, plants and selfies/makeup, too, lol! @Aliece98 

@sister13 Why thank you! Luckily all the plants are thriving despite it being super hot this summer!

The avocado pot is so cute @Aliece98! Your balcony garden looks great! So green and fresh looking. 

@JoSometimesthank you for your very nice reply! This whole thread is a godsend- love seeing all the greenery

@Aliece98 Beautiful plants! I like your avacodo pot. It is so rewarding to watch the plants thrive 🪴. My cat eats my plants though 😂

Nice plants, @Aliece98 !  Love the avocado pot! 🥑

Feel free to share pics of your cat on the Pet Paradise thread!  We'd love to have you and your cat join us! 💖🐾💖

Awesome thread @sister13 ! I can’t wait to see everyone’s gardens 🍃

Thanks @makeitup305 ! Me too! 

This year our gardens are looking slightly different. My front garden in the first picture has a total new bush in the middle. I think it is called a **EDIT** boxwood. We used to have a lilac tree but it did not bloom the last 2 seasons.

20230528_140742.jpg

***Edit*** Boxwood with marigolds and solar lights

20230528_140712.jpg

My little herb garden. We are going to replant the herbs in the planter outside. 

20230528_140735.jpg

Perennials in the front of the house

20230528_140645.jpg

Backyard was redone last summer. We planted a bush and more marigolds. To the left is my garden. Right now we have peppers, dill and basil in it. More to come as everything grows. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos272
  • IMG_4017.jpeg
  • IMG_4387.jpeg
  • IMG_3831.jpeg
  • IMG_3145.jpeg
  • IMG_3959.jpeg
  • IMG_3997.jpeg
  • IMG_3998.jpeg
  • IMG_4391.jpeg
  • IMG_3481.jpeg