Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread

Hello BIC friends and fellow gardeners! Whether you have a container on your balcony, some indoor plants, a whole garden, or even if you just happen to visit a botanical garden or see a lovely space or plant in your neighborhood you want to share, this is the place! Please share pics, tips, plans and tricks about all things gardening!  

For many years I had a container balcony garden with mostly flowers and herbs (when travel allowed), and I am now embarking on my first backyard landscaping and gardening journey. 

I am often taking inspiration from the natural world around me and have recently had some spring inspiration for the Makeup Challenge of the Week and have loved chatting about gardening in our other threads, so I thought a new thread would be nice. 

It’s always so interesting to me to see plants and gardens from different regions and countries, so I hope you’ll join the conversation!  

PS: if you create a makeup look based on some plant or garden inspiration, please feel free to post your look or flat-lay here, too! 

Here are a few pics of my spring bulbs to start and I’ll share more soon (kindly ignore the weeds)! 

IMG_4017.jpeg

IMG_4387.jpeg

My old balcony (from the outside) - I’ll try to find an internal pic too:

IMG_3831.jpeg

Re: The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread

Yes, they look amazing! @blackkitty2014 

Wow, beautiful, @sister13 ! 🥰

I can’t believe how packed in they are! @Titian06 

A lot of my flowers haven’t bloomed or come up but I planted these black tulips 4 years ago and this is the first year they came up! 

IMG_0238.jpeg

@ather OMG I LOVE THIS. black tulips. I haven't seem tulips in so long, let alone black ones!!

@jaaayp  tulips are so pretty! One of my fav flowers! 

That is a deeeeeep shade for a flower. It’s very captivating to look at. @ather 

@JoSometimes  I agree. I wanted something different and this one really fits the mood! 

That tulip flower is so beautiful @ather !! It looks like silk! 🖤🖤🖤🖤 Such an amazing surprise! 

@Saradestin  Thank you!! It’s so pretty! 

Gorgeous and how surprising, @ather ! 🌷

@Titian06  I agree. I thought the bulbs must have been bad since I ordered them from Holland! 

Oh wow! So pretty and so unexpected after 4 years! Hooray! @ather 

@sister13  I agree! I think it’s been to hot all my other tulips came up but didn’t bloom!

Here's a planter on my front step just recently planted. I can wait to see the begonias and verbena grow and fill the pot.

IMG_5097.jpgIMG_5098.jpg

Oh beautiful! They remind me of little peppermints a bit! Nice job!  @dimesandnichols 

You are right @sister13 ! Now that you say that I totally see it too 😁

That variety is really unique. I haven’t seen any around with two colours like that. Thanks for sharing @dimesandnichols!

When I saw them at the greenhouse I just had to get them @JoSometimes 💕

Those are so gorgeous @dimesandnichols!!! ❤️ They already look amazing so I can only imagine how spectacular they will look soon! Keep us posted! 😃

@Saradestin I sure will!

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos277
  • IMG_4017.jpeg
  • IMG_4387.jpeg
  • IMG_3831.jpeg
  • IMG_3145.jpeg
  • IMG_3959.jpeg
  • IMG_3997.jpeg
  • IMG_3998.jpeg