Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

Starting 2022, I am hopeful others choose to be happy and positive just for the sake of it. Despite feelings like I’m surrounded by a ton of negativity (everyone has something to complain about), I’ve been able to keep a (generally) chipper mood, while (trying) to encourage those around me to continue seeing the bright side. Many people choose practicing gratitude or kind acts as part of a New Years Resolution, especially if they are taking a wellness approach to their resolutions or, frankly, just as overall self-improvement goals. So, as an easy place for additional support, personal accountability, and maybe just some uplifting stories, I had the idea to start this thread. If it takes off, great! If only a handful of people check in, well that’s still more people impacted than not starting the thread at all. If no one checks in and it gets buried, also fine! Because I know at least a few people will take a look and maybe it’ll plant a seed, be an inspiration, or provide some other unknown benefit. Maybe someone isn’t quite ready to take this sort of a journey right now, but perhaps this can help them get there. Baby steps! I’ve been on this journey for years, there have been setbacks, many in fact, and I’m still on it. But, this isn’t, all about me - it’s about YOU and what’s right for you’re personal journey right now. So, let’s grow through gratitude and grace together. 

Rules? Well, there aren’t really hard and fast rules, but I appreciate some who want to participate might like some guidance and structure. So, if you feel up to it, post something you’re thankful for, happy about, or an unexpected positive interaction with someone. There will be bad days! If you are willing to commit to this attitude change, try to find something you can remind yourself of. Something I’m thankful for *every day* regardless of how the rest of my life is going… I can always make myself a cup of coffee or a latte and drink it. And when I drink that coffee, the first sip brings a stillness nothing else can give me. In fact, it’s easiest to start with something small. Out of interest to not make this too wordy, I’ll post a range of to help start generating ideas to prompt this project, and if you choose to join, fantastic! If not, I hope you’ll still visit to see how others are doing. 

Re: Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

@Mellmars1185 Totally agreed, the burnout (no pun intended) in the kitchen can be intense.

I am thankful for my Ninja Chef blender. I use it the most for making smoothies! Starting my work week off right!

20220110_071319.jpg

@Mellmars1185 I love my ninja set. Such a great gift that I received a few years back. Makes/blends amazing shakes and is such an efficient food processor. One of my most used items for both my meal prep and for my pets LOL 

@QueenMarceline I receieved mine as a gift also! Mine also has a 'soup' function which blends and heats. I accidentally made a smoothie on that setting. What a fail!

@Mellmars1185 Haha, it'll be funny when you look back on it 😂at least you found that soup setting, mine might have one and I'm totally overlooking it LOL 😂

To be honest I am struggling today...But even so I am thankful for my coffee this morning. I know I need to go for a walk to clear my mind. I hope when I do that I will be able to find more positivity in my day!

@Mellmars1185 It's the little things sometimes. I totally understand, I have those days where I'm thankful for my coffee too. ❤️ Happy to know your day did get better.

I hope today was better, @Mellmars1185. My coffee and muffin always make me feel cozy and better each morning!

@curlychiquita Thank you. It did get better once I had my walk. Oh muffins and coffee! Yes that is a great comfort combo!

Today I am thankful for parents who still help you study for tests even though you’re 32 hahaha. 

(I have a certification test tomorrow for my teaching license in my new state and the way my old one transferred I’m taking a test for  subjects I haven’t looked at since college and was not certified to teach previously… long story. Regardless, my dad needed to explain Economics to me 😂

@alexasteph Haha, that's what dads are for 😉 Economics is quite boring, yet I got a degree in it. 😂😛

@QueenMarceline His degree is in Economics too and spent the first 25 years of his career in the finance world so he loves it hahahah. Now he works with business graduate students so he’s my best recourse to understand all that stuff! Thankfully the test only covered really basic concepts, so it was fine. The practice tests and review material was way harder and I was freaking out! I only took one Econ class in college and I got a C 😅

I hope the test went well, @alexasteph

@curlychiquita It did! I passed! But I was super nervous! 

So awesome! Congratulations, @alexasteph

Good luck on your test @alexasteph !!

@alexasteph  All the best to you on your test! Gotta always give credit to our amazing parents!

I am thankful I have the day off work. Going to take it easy today and have some Chicken McMuffins! They are my favourite!

@Mellmars1185 Days off can never come soon enough! I started my day with some morning yoga on my back patio (it’s 70 and sunny on this fine South Florida Saturday AM) and a latte in my new “Cat Person” mug. Now I’m listening to my snow bird neighbors talking to each other over their fences in their thick New York accents hahaha. 

ETA: “I saw he was wearing his Yankees hat and I says ‘Just don’t wear that thing around me!’” *proceeds to laugh in New York* 

@alexasteph I love this! I can picture it! The last time I was in Florida was in March 2020. I went to Fort Meyers and it was beautiful! Enjoy! I am a cat person too! And I have a large collection of mugs. They just make me happy! I want to get into yoga more 🧘‍♀️. It is so good for you!

227 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos13
  • tumblr_inline_p60dxlxGig1tg5wat_640.jpg
  • AstonishingTornCottonmouth-size_restricted
  • 20220110_071319.jpg
  • istockphoto-1212997630-612x612.jpeg
  • minis_600x600@2x
  • istockphoto-1205642396-612x612.jpeg
  • 200 (7).gif
  • f4c780e9-1ec2-4ed4-ba78-88ab0d7fe639_text.gif
  • 1611143533_41876.jpeg