Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

Starting 2022, I am hopeful others choose to be happy and positive just for the sake of it. Despite feelings like I’m surrounded by a ton of negativity (everyone has something to complain about), I’ve been able to keep a (generally) chipper mood, while (trying) to encourage those around me to continue seeing the bright side. Many people choose practicing gratitude or kind acts as part of a New Years Resolution, especially if they are taking a wellness approach to their resolutions or, frankly, just as overall self-improvement goals. So, as an easy place for additional support, personal accountability, and maybe just some uplifting stories, I had the idea to start this thread. If it takes off, great! If only a handful of people check in, well that’s still more people impacted than not starting the thread at all. If no one checks in and it gets buried, also fine! Because I know at least a few people will take a look and maybe it’ll plant a seed, be an inspiration, or provide some other unknown benefit. Maybe someone isn’t quite ready to take this sort of a journey right now, but perhaps this can help them get there. Baby steps! I’ve been on this journey for years, there have been setbacks, many in fact, and I’m still on it. But, this isn’t, all about me - it’s about YOU and what’s right for you’re personal journey right now. So, let’s grow through gratitude and grace together. 

Rules? Well, there aren’t really hard and fast rules, but I appreciate some who want to participate might like some guidance and structure. So, if you feel up to it, post something you’re thankful for, happy about, or an unexpected positive interaction with someone. There will be bad days! If you are willing to commit to this attitude change, try to find something you can remind yourself of. Something I’m thankful for *every day* regardless of how the rest of my life is going… I can always make myself a cup of coffee or a latte and drink it. And when I drink that coffee, the first sip brings a stillness nothing else can give me. In fact, it’s easiest to start with something small. Out of interest to not make this too wordy, I’ll post a range of to help start generating ideas to prompt this project, and if you choose to join, fantastic! If not, I hope you’ll still visit to see how others are doing. 

Re: Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

@pocketvenus That's very lovely of you 🙂 and the neon hearts display is a fantastic (and super cute) gesture. I love Canada ❤️

@pocketvenus Thanks for sharing! I didn't know that. Yesterday i had to use the services of our frontline workers. Very thankful for their great expertise and professionalism !

Today I am thankful for my health and my family's health. Sometimes life gives you a nudge to remember what is important.

@Mellmars1185 You are absolutely right 🙂 What a wonderful thing to be thankful for.

Today I am thankful for setbacks, because they remind me I am strong enough to overcome them. 

I was rocking and rolling last week - back on a good workout routine, meal planning, self care, hobbies, etc. Then… I was sidelined with a migraine. A massive one. Which I am still recovering from. My I got my first full night of sleep last night in a few days and my upset stomach is gone! I have plans to look forward to this weekend, plans to look forward to next weekend, and starting to feel better will give me the motivation to get back in the swing of things. 

So sometimes when you feel like garbage, don’t forget it won’t last forever. 

@alexasteph  Awww I’m so sorry you had a bad migraine. I’m glad it’s gotten better. I always find setbacks are humbling. 

@alexasteph I am so sorry and I hope you are feeling better and better with each hour. I suffer from terrible migraines as well and they've been kicking up recently so I know how debilitating that can be to both the body and mind. Thank you for your positive last sentence 🙂 it's true, this too shall pass.

@QueenMarceline Thanks, the worst of it has been over since yesterday but it was a really bad one haha. Worst I’ve had in a while! Now I just have to catch up on everything I didn’t do while I was laying in bed… that’s almost worse than the migraine 😅

@alexasteph  I totally agree with you! 

@alexasteph I second what you said there... definitely the worst part of it all.

@alexasteph Ain't this the truth!

@alexasteph These are wise words. I hope that you feel better. I suffer from migraines and I know how debilitating they can be. It is a reminder to appreciate just a 'normal' day and our bodies. I have had a rough week also. Everyday there was something. Last night was the worse for me. I was so stressed i could not sleep at all. Thanks for the reminder 💗

@Mellmars1185 Thanks, I am practically recovered haha. They really can be exhausting, sometimes they knock me out for almost a week. I have some other recurring and chronic health issues, so I’m constantly having to remind myself it’ll pass. 

I hope you can get some sleep! Have you tried the Olly Sleep gummies? Those work pretty well for me usually. 

@alexasteph I have not tried those. Thanks I will check them out! Sometimes i take melatonin. 

@Mellmars1185 They have melatonin in them, plus a few other things that help calm the mind as well. I also use their extra strength stress pills because I get real anxious a lot. Unless I’m having like a panic attack, they help to just chill me out and go about my day without a care in the world haha. 

Today, I am thankful for the morning spa day I am about to treat myself to. I have been delaying my skincare since yesterday due to just an overall soreness and grogginess from a day and a half of travel over the weekend. As I get older I notice traveling takes a lot out of me, in honor of morning time I'll be giving myself a nice Vitamin C infused pick-me-up routine. I think I'm also treat myself to a quick-ish bath with some muscle relaxing and wonderfully scented epsom salts. After driving so much, my back definitely needs a little relaxation.

I am also grateful for this cup of coffee I am currently drinking as I write this. Yesterday, I completely skipped coffee (that's how lazy I've been lol) which is super rare. I missed ma cup o' joe and was inspired to appreciate the little moments in a cup by the post @Mellmars1185 made about her coffee below. 

I'm also grateful for the new podcast episode from Heather MacDonald (Juicy Scoop) that just dropped and will give me something to guilty-pleasure-enjoy while I do my little spa day, I desperately need some "loose" entertainment and a little break from the real world, so to speak. Perfect timing!

In the spirit of trying to be more grateful for the little things, I am grateful that I am doing laundry and at the end of it will have lovely smelling, fresh clothes. Mmmm, my favorite. I love the warm great clothes but I hate the act of doing and folding laundry, anyone here with me? I want to take this time to be grateful for modern technology, that washer/dryer action that I have such a love/hate relationship with. Not everyone is so fortunate to have these devices in their homes and the access to one in mine and the ability to have clean clothes is a huge blessing I've overlooked (and that is easy to overlook). I want to take a little joy out of the little things, even the little chores. 🙂

istockphoto-1212997630-612x612.jpeg

@QueenMarceline That sounds like a lovely day! I also love the smell of fresh laundry. I like to fold it when it is fresh from the dryer so I have learned to not bite off more than i can chew (fold) lol.

@Mellmars1185 Haha! Ain't that the truth. 😂

Today I am thankful that I do not have to make dinner and I can use that time to focus on self care!

@Mellmars1185 How lovely! 🙂 Enjoy some time to yourself, I love those days that you know you do not have to cook (even though I enjoy cooking lol)

@QueenMarceline Thanks! I enjoy cooking also. But some days i  need a break from it! I usually cook dinner 5-6 days per wk

227 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos13
  • tumblr_inline_p60dxlxGig1tg5wat_640.jpg
  • AstonishingTornCottonmouth-size_restricted
  • 20220110_071319.jpg
  • istockphoto-1212997630-612x612.jpeg
  • minis_600x600@2x
  • istockphoto-1205642396-612x612.jpeg
  • 200 (7).gif
  • f4c780e9-1ec2-4ed4-ba78-88ab0d7fe639_text.gif
  • 1611143533_41876.jpeg