Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

Starting 2022, I am hopeful others choose to be happy and positive just for the sake of it. Despite feelings like I’m surrounded by a ton of negativity (everyone has something to complain about), I’ve been able to keep a (generally) chipper mood, while (trying) to encourage those around me to continue seeing the bright side. Many people choose practicing gratitude or kind acts as part of a New Years Resolution, especially if they are taking a wellness approach to their resolutions or, frankly, just as overall self-improvement goals. So, as an easy place for additional support, personal accountability, and maybe just some uplifting stories, I had the idea to start this thread. If it takes off, great! If only a handful of people check in, well that’s still more people impacted than not starting the thread at all. If no one checks in and it gets buried, also fine! Because I know at least a few people will take a look and maybe it’ll plant a seed, be an inspiration, or provide some other unknown benefit. Maybe someone isn’t quite ready to take this sort of a journey right now, but perhaps this can help them get there. Baby steps! I’ve been on this journey for years, there have been setbacks, many in fact, and I’m still on it. But, this isn’t, all about me - it’s about YOU and what’s right for you’re personal journey right now. So, let’s grow through gratitude and grace together. 

Rules? Well, there aren’t really hard and fast rules, but I appreciate some who want to participate might like some guidance and structure. So, if you feel up to it, post something you’re thankful for, happy about, or an unexpected positive interaction with someone. There will be bad days! If you are willing to commit to this attitude change, try to find something you can remind yourself of. Something I’m thankful for *every day* regardless of how the rest of my life is going… I can always make myself a cup of coffee or a latte and drink it. And when I drink that coffee, the first sip brings a stillness nothing else can give me. In fact, it’s easiest to start with something small. Out of interest to not make this too wordy, I’ll post a range of to help start generating ideas to prompt this project, and if you choose to join, fantastic! If not, I hope you’ll still visit to see how others are doing. 

Re: Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

@Samtian 🥰

@Mellmars1185 Sometimes you need people who just *get it* hahaha. “Uh… yeah this red lipstick is different than that one and I do need need them both” very quickly goes to “Oh oops I guess I did already have that shade…” 

This is a very true fact! Looking forward to popping in on this thread. It will make me more accountable for being grateful and positive. I can use some more positivity in my life. I am sure we all can 💗

Today I am thankful for new shoes you don’t need to break in and new fragrances to enjoy throughout the day. I am also thankful for my car’s MPG so I can fill the rush of running out of gas without the risk hahaha. 

What a terrific idea @alexasteph ! 🥰 Great way to start 2022. I always think kindness is the way to go. In all things. I try to start out my day with 5 deep breaths and a little doggie walk where I find at least 5 beautiful or interesting things that make me feel grateful for and both of us happy. I find when I slow down I feel so much less anxious and negative thoughts can go away as well! It’s day by day for sure and also just petting my pups can help so much. 💞

@alexasteph this is such a great and inspiring thread!! I am so grateful to be alive!!! To experience love, friendship, joy, and even the not so great emotions life throws my way. So very grateful for the family I was given, the wonderful Bic community, @SportyGirly125 for being such a sweetheart to me and always uplifting!! @Ispend2much6 for all her knowledge and wisdom and guidance through raising children and of course those delicious recipes!! @itsfi for being a huge support for me and a great friend, @eshoe for being a wonderful mentor and friend!! Every single person on Bic has something special to bring to my life everyday!! And for that, I am grateful for each and every one of you!!! 

Thank you for the kind words, @lmaster. You are generous through and through! Your positivity is something I am grateful for, no doubt☺️

@eshoe ❤️❤️❤️🥰😘🤗

@lmaster  Thank you sweetie!  Life is better shared, that's for certain. 💕  You are a breath of fresh air; I appreciate your heart and honesty!

@Ispend2much6 awww!!! 😘🤗💓

@lmaster Aww thank you!  I am so thankful for you.  You have always been there checking in on me through the good and bad.

@alexasteph Thank you for this thread

Thankful for-family, friends and BIC

Positive interaction-Everytime I am on BIC I always have a postive interaction.  For instance @Sunnysmom told me about how I could get a discount from Neimans for the Cantecaille highlighter on my wish list.  @lmaster and I always have a great time talking about beauty.  I am so excited to spoil this gorgeous Mama with some Galentine's Day gifts she already knows about.  @eshoe and I can always talk about Hello Kitty/Sanrio and stationary.  Just to name a few today.

I think it's always hard for me to be positive since we all have things we face whether it be family drama, work, life, Covid, etc.  I have been trying to not be so negative but some days are harder than others.  That is why I got so active on BIC years ago.  I feel like we all give our own individual take on the forum that makes us unique.

@SportyGirly125 it is a little bright spot for me, to be able to share the HK love with someone like you! 

You are so right; every day is a struggle, some much harder than others. This place is a refuge from the things that can drag you down so easily. I am guessing more than a few people (including me) are thankful to have stumbled upon BIC for that same reason.

Thank you @SportyGirly125 , it’s definitely the little things for all of us isn’t it. 🤗🥰

Awwwww sweet mama!! @SportyGirly125 I'm so so so very thankful for you!!!

@lmaster 😘🤗

@SportyGirly125 The BIC community is why I thought this would be a good thing to bring to it. This does serve as a way for people to sort of take a break from life and do something the enjoy, as well as connect with others in small (or big!) ways. I think it’s been a landing spot for a lot of people for that reason. 

@alexasteph  Great idea!! I love this. It’s actually one thing I have decided to work on in my life! I can’t wait to read all the stories!

@ather Yay!! I hope this helps you in your self improvement journey! 

@alexasteph  thank you for starting this thread - I think it's a great idea. I too have been surrounded by a lot of negativity lately and that is not what I want. I'm a positive soul and try to see the good in everything.

Today I am thankful for many things. Here's just a few:

• The sun was shining almost the whole day
  • I got to sleep in this morning
  • My favorite male & female cardinal hung out at my bird feeder for a while
  • I broke out my new facial steamer and gave myself a treatment

Cardinal pairs can be so 'courtly' with each other. Have you ever seen a 'Mister' Cardinal giving sunflower seeds to 'Mrs.' Cardinal whilst perched by a birdfeeder? So sweet. Nature is a true gift.

227 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos13
  • tumblr_inline_p60dxlxGig1tg5wat_640.jpg
  • AstonishingTornCottonmouth-size_restricted
  • 20220110_071319.jpg
  • istockphoto-1212997630-612x612.jpeg
  • minis_600x600@2x
  • istockphoto-1205642396-612x612.jpeg
  • 200 (7).gif
  • f4c780e9-1ec2-4ed4-ba78-88ab0d7fe639_text.gif
  • 1611143533_41876.jpeg