Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

Starting 2022, I am hopeful others choose to be happy and positive just for the sake of it. Despite feelings like I’m surrounded by a ton of negativity (everyone has something to complain about), I’ve been able to keep a (generally) chipper mood, while (trying) to encourage those around me to continue seeing the bright side. Many people choose practicing gratitude or kind acts as part of a New Years Resolution, especially if they are taking a wellness approach to their resolutions or, frankly, just as overall self-improvement goals. So, as an easy place for additional support, personal accountability, and maybe just some uplifting stories, I had the idea to start this thread. If it takes off, great! If only a handful of people check in, well that’s still more people impacted than not starting the thread at all. If no one checks in and it gets buried, also fine! Because I know at least a few people will take a look and maybe it’ll plant a seed, be an inspiration, or provide some other unknown benefit. Maybe someone isn’t quite ready to take this sort of a journey right now, but perhaps this can help them get there. Baby steps! I’ve been on this journey for years, there have been setbacks, many in fact, and I’m still on it. But, this isn’t, all about me - it’s about YOU and what’s right for you’re personal journey right now. So, let’s grow through gratitude and grace together. 

Rules? Well, there aren’t really hard and fast rules, but I appreciate some who want to participate might like some guidance and structure. So, if you feel up to it, post something you’re thankful for, happy about, or an unexpected positive interaction with someone. There will be bad days! If you are willing to commit to this attitude change, try to find something you can remind yourself of. Something I’m thankful for *every day* regardless of how the rest of my life is going… I can always make myself a cup of coffee or a latte and drink it. And when I drink that coffee, the first sip brings a stillness nothing else can give me. In fact, it’s easiest to start with something small. Out of interest to not make this too wordy, I’ll post a range of to help start generating ideas to prompt this project, and if you choose to join, fantastic! If not, I hope you’ll still visit to see how others are doing. 

Re: Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

@alexasteph So true! It is amazing that you have a great support system!! I was actually going to post something about that the other day. Something that I am also thankful for. I have an understanding group of people that i work with and it makes all the difference in the world.

I am thankful that i pushed myself to go for a walk during the snowfall. It was very peaceful and there was a friendly woman shoveling her driveway who said hello to me. Sometimes the little things can turn your day around.

@Mellmars1185 Happy to hear that the snowy walk and someone in your neighbourhood uplifted your day! ❄️ 

@Guessgal Thank you!

I am very thankful this morning that I don’t have to go anywhere and can stay nice and toasty with a good cup of coffee in my apartment. We have quite the winter storm going on in NYC  right now! 

Hope all my fellow East Coasters are nice and bundled up inside as well! 

@Kim888 Nothing beats a warm beverage on a cold winter day. We might aswell make the best of it! I hope you are enjoying your cozy relaxing weekend!

So true! By the stove, a line-up of necessary accoutrement for a cuppa (or Hot Toddy!) is ready, awaiting a return from a constitutional or snow shovelling. A small prep-step that helps so much!

I’m looking forward to a reset and get back on track weekend, and thankful I have the sort of life that allows me to do that when I need it! After starting January on a really high and productive note, the rest of the month was all over the place haha. The stress of my certification exam brought on a massive migraine which knocked me out for almost a week (so dumb when that happens 🙄), then I had committed to plans out of town I couldn’t back out on even though I really wanted to (it ended up being fine though!). The following weekend (last weekend), I had family in town which was great but not part of the usual routine so it did throw me off a tad. After a full week at work, I’m getting right back to where I need to be to get flowing again. 

Thankful January is over (pretty much)! It’s such an odd month. 

And tomorrow… two very exciting football games haha. I don’t know how many other active BIC participants are big in to football but I love it and definitely have a couple of teams I’m rooting for tomorrow! 

I hope you're starting to feel better, @alexasteph! I like to watch football, so I'll watch the games tomorrow even though they're not teams I follow closely.

@curlychiquita Thanks, yeah I feel fine now, just out of sync still haha. That part takes me a long time to get back to normal after I’m knocked out for a bit. 

Since I adopted my orange kitty a bit before the time all the Bengals hype picked up after LSU won the National Championship and drafted Burrow I’ve created this whole story my cat thinks he is the actual Bengal tiger haha. So *my cat* demands we cheer for Cincinnati, and my annoyance with the Chiefs growing up a Bronco fan demands I root against them haha. It’s ridiculous… but I’m a crazy cat lady so it’s expected hahaha. 

@alexasteph migraines really always come at the worst time! Glad you are feeling better!!! I’m not a huge football person but I do start semi caring before the super bowl haha! 

@Kim888 I’ve followed the NFL for a long time haha, grew up with a favorite team, teams I hated due to rivalries/personal beefs/etc haha. I still root for the team I grew up with but they’ve been pretty dysfunctional the last few seasons and it’s getting frustrating and just aren’t as fun to watch any more 😤 My allegiance has slowly shifted to a couple other teams for some different reasons, two of which are still in it! So I’m hoping they will meet in the Super Bowl by each winning their games tomorrow haha. The Halftime Show should be pretty interesting this year too! 

@alexasteph @I feel you. The NYC/Jersey area teams have been having some rough years so it’s definitely a bit sad to watch at this point for me haha. 

I am thankful that I get to spend sometime with my son shopping tomorrow and visiting some family. I noticed my son enjoys spending more time with me and it makes me so happy!

That's awesome, @Mellmars1185! I miss when my boys liked spending time with me. (They still like me but they're grown now.)

@curlychiquita my son is a teenager so i will take what i can get! I think he is starting to realize that im not half bad!

@Mellmars1185  Awww that’s the cutest thing ever!!!! I love that! 

I am very grateful for this lived 2021.  This year has been a lot of good but also a lot of hard. I was depressed and because of that I didn't want to go to college at all. This led to the fact that in the last weeks of studying, I learned everything especially after visiting who helped me in this. I hope this year will really be even better. I wish everyone be health!

@olgaol3  Good luck!!

Super thankful today for all postal and logistics workers out there delivering packages in Toronto especially recently, despite the massive snow storm we recently experienced!! I just received some clothes yesterday 🙂 

@pocketvenus  I agree. Love for Ontario. I have done packages not moving due to weather and it’s better to keep people safe. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos13
  • tumblr_inline_p60dxlxGig1tg5wat_640.jpg
  • AstonishingTornCottonmouth-size_restricted
  • 20220110_071319.jpg
  • istockphoto-1212997630-612x612.jpeg
  • minis_600x600@2x
  • istockphoto-1205642396-612x612.jpeg
  • 200 (7).gif
  • f4c780e9-1ec2-4ed4-ba78-88ab0d7fe639_text.gif
  • 1611143533_41876.jpeg