Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

Starting 2022, I am hopeful others choose to be happy and positive just for the sake of it. Despite feelings like I’m surrounded by a ton of negativity (everyone has something to complain about), I’ve been able to keep a (generally) chipper mood, while (trying) to encourage those around me to continue seeing the bright side. Many people choose practicing gratitude or kind acts as part of a New Years Resolution, especially if they are taking a wellness approach to their resolutions or, frankly, just as overall self-improvement goals. So, as an easy place for additional support, personal accountability, and maybe just some uplifting stories, I had the idea to start this thread. If it takes off, great! If only a handful of people check in, well that’s still more people impacted than not starting the thread at all. If no one checks in and it gets buried, also fine! Because I know at least a few people will take a look and maybe it’ll plant a seed, be an inspiration, or provide some other unknown benefit. Maybe someone isn’t quite ready to take this sort of a journey right now, but perhaps this can help them get there. Baby steps! I’ve been on this journey for years, there have been setbacks, many in fact, and I’m still on it. But, this isn’t, all about me - it’s about YOU and what’s right for you’re personal journey right now. So, let’s grow through gratitude and grace together. 

Rules? Well, there aren’t really hard and fast rules, but I appreciate some who want to participate might like some guidance and structure. So, if you feel up to it, post something you’re thankful for, happy about, or an unexpected positive interaction with someone. There will be bad days! If you are willing to commit to this attitude change, try to find something you can remind yourself of. Something I’m thankful for *every day* regardless of how the rest of my life is going… I can always make myself a cup of coffee or a latte and drink it. And when I drink that coffee, the first sip brings a stillness nothing else can give me. In fact, it’s easiest to start with something small. Out of interest to not make this too wordy, I’ll post a range of to help start generating ideas to prompt this project, and if you choose to join, fantastic! If not, I hope you’ll still visit to see how others are doing. 

Re: Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

@QueenMarceline @ather I used to get pinched nerves extremely bad like where your neck and middle back, in between the shoulders, a hot bath would instantly relax those muscles!! At a matter of fact...🤦🤣 Where am I now?? LOL

@lmaster  I just got out of my bath!!!! In bed about to read!! 

@ather there's nothing more relaxing,,, especially when it's negative temperatures outside!! 

@lmaster @ather I'm about to hop in the tub myself. I know what you mean with the exact spot you're talking about... because that's also my main problem area. 😕 Uh... back pain... twins? 😁😂👭

@QueenMarceline you will be feeling better soon!! Even if it's temporary 😔 unfortunately

@QueenMarceline I hope you enjoyed your bubble bath and hope your back is feeling a bit better!

@Mellmars1185 Thank you, it was quite relaxing. No better feeling than a bubble bath.

Today I am thankful that I get to do some shopping done while my son is at the dentist. We are not aloud to wait in the waiting room because of restrictions. Mama's going to go shopping! 🛍

@Mellmars1185  Yay!!!! I love mama shopping days! I don’t get them often. How old is your son? I have a son as well. He’s 3! 

@ather My son is 16! It seems like yesterday when he was 3. I loved that age. Every age is a blessing really! Time goes by so fast! My favourite shopping now is when he comes with me lol. 

@Mellmars1185  Aww wow 16. Getting so grown up!! That’s awesome he loves to shop with you at that age. I am still the centre of my little guys world so we do everything together!

@ather That is awesome! Enjoy every moment! 💛 🐻 Even at 16 he is still my baby!!

@Mellmars1185 Hope you enjoy your day out shopping 🙂 wishing you a lovely day and hopefully you find something cute for yourself.

@QueenMarceline Thanks! Mostly grocery but going to Shopperss Drug Mart and Dollarama...Never know what kind of treats I may get from there!

@Mellmars1185 I'm sure you can find a fun sheet mask or two 😉

I am grateful I picked up some egg nog on the weekend for .75 each yesterday. I put it in my coffee instead of cream and sugar until they stop selling it. I am addicted. So much snow here today!

@Mellmars1185  That’s a great idea!! We haven’t gotten much snow but we have an ice storm today. I was trying to get in my suv and I kept slipping and I had a little audience watching me. But I finally got it. 

@ather Thank you! If you like egg nog and coffee it really does make an excellent combo. Oh an ice storm? Where abouts is that? Hopefully the roads were safe and it didnt effect the power. I am glad you got into the vehicle safely! We had a snow storm Monday and there was a blizzard warning. We got about 40 cm of snow.

@Mellmars1185  Oh wow. You must be near the east coast!! I’m in Alberta. I got home before it got to bad. So I’m home safe and sound. Power is still good so far!

@ather  East from Alberta. I am in Southern Ontario. I have not seen that much snow in years! 

@Mellmars1185  Oh wow. Crazy. It’s been a different year for weather I guess all over the country. I’m originally from New Brunswick and last I talked to my dad they barley had snow and it was super mild there. Which isn’t normal. 

Conversation Stats
Photos13
  • tumblr_inline_p60dxlxGig1tg5wat_640.jpg
  • AstonishingTornCottonmouth-size_restricted
  • 20220110_071319.jpg
  • istockphoto-1212997630-612x612.jpeg
  • minis_600x600@2x
  • istockphoto-1205642396-612x612.jpeg
  • 200 (7).gif
  • f4c780e9-1ec2-4ed4-ba78-88ab0d7fe639_text.gif
  • 1611143533_41876.jpeg
  • 742E8069-5D5F-4A24-A98D-6C29421524CE.jpeg