Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

Starting 2022, I am hopeful others choose to be happy and positive just for the sake of it. Despite feelings like I’m surrounded by a ton of negativity (everyone has something to complain about), I’ve been able to keep a (generally) chipper mood, while (trying) to encourage those around me to continue seeing the bright side. Many people choose practicing gratitude or kind acts as part of a New Years Resolution, especially if they are taking a wellness approach to their resolutions or, frankly, just as overall self-improvement goals. So, as an easy place for additional support, personal accountability, and maybe just some uplifting stories, I had the idea to start this thread. If it takes off, great! If only a handful of people check in, well that’s still more people impacted than not starting the thread at all. If no one checks in and it gets buried, also fine! Because I know at least a few people will take a look and maybe it’ll plant a seed, be an inspiration, or provide some other unknown benefit. Maybe someone isn’t quite ready to take this sort of a journey right now, but perhaps this can help them get there. Baby steps! I’ve been on this journey for years, there have been setbacks, many in fact, and I’m still on it. But, this isn’t, all about me - it’s about YOU and what’s right for you’re personal journey right now. So, let’s grow through gratitude and grace together. 

Rules? Well, there aren’t really hard and fast rules, but I appreciate some who want to participate might like some guidance and structure. So, if you feel up to it, post something you’re thankful for, happy about, or an unexpected positive interaction with someone. There will be bad days! If you are willing to commit to this attitude change, try to find something you can remind yourself of. Something I’m thankful for *every day* regardless of how the rest of my life is going… I can always make myself a cup of coffee or a latte and drink it. And when I drink that coffee, the first sip brings a stillness nothing else can give me. In fact, it’s easiest to start with something small. Out of interest to not make this too wordy, I’ll post a range of to help start generating ideas to prompt this project, and if you choose to join, fantastic! If not, I hope you’ll still visit to see how others are doing. 

Re: Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

@pocketvenus So true! We have been able to rely on their services during times of need! 

Today it is the small wins for me. I made a new meal and the family enjoyed it. I am thankful I was able to accomplish a lot today. I am  also thankful I don't have too much planned this weekend.

@Mellmars1185  What meal did you make? I’m always struggling to find new meals!

@ather I think it was Drunken Noodles from Chrissy Teigans first cookbook. My son ate 2 servings!

@Mellmars1185  Holy. That’s awesome. I’ll have to look for that one!

Yesterday there was a huge snow storm and I lost internet the whole day (7am till past midnight) due to the outage. Needles to say, wfh life wasn’t happening. I worked on a presentation deck offline for a bit and did some cleaning around the house. I’m grateful though, because with no internet/entertainment in the evening I finally got to sew a hook & eye clasp on one of my dresses and my grandma helped too, since she couldn’t watch her soap operas. Thankful for some quality time with her!

742E8069-5D5F-4A24-A98D-6C29421524CE.jpeg

84809F4C-1368-4195-B29B-BE6141A1BF45.jpeg

@Guessgal  aww that’s awesome! I think it’s nice when we can slow down and get offline for a bit. 

@Guessgal. That is wonderful that you and your Grandma had quality time. Those practical moments - working together on a project, big or small, are something to cherish. 

@MvLL Yes, I feel very lucky to have her around. She has taught me new sewing techniques and has shared some neat dessert recipes with me in the past 😌

@Guessgal That is awesome you made use of your time and got to spend it with your Grandma when you were disconnected. Some the internet can suck you in!

@Mellmars1185 Thank you! Yes, internet is really such a big part of regular life now and it’s easy to say I’m “too busy” for other things, since I’m usually learning or trying to stay productive in my after-work hours. It’s nice to unwind and find a balance for sure!

I’m grateful for quiet days… it’s been a tad overwhelming at work and today just… wasn’t. It was uneventful, low key, pretty much went as intended. Usually it’s chaos haha. I got a milkshake on my way home to enjoy on the patio and pet my kitties (they love it out back with me!). I haven’t been able to sit and read in over a week either, I can finally get back to my books. I have a lot to do this evening around the house (garbage day… means a mid week cleaning), but since I feel less of a need to decompress and take care of myself since getting home, chores will be less of a drag haha. 

@alexasteph  I agree I like quiet days as well. 

Some of you may have seen the Betty White Challenge yesterday.  It made me happy to see people across many generations come together to honor someone in such an amazing way. It’s inspiring to see such selflessness. As much negativity as the internet and younger generations get, I see more compassion, empathy, and sympathy in the world. The internet isn’t perfect; however, it does expand our world and understanding of others when we let it.  

@Indy701 Thanks for sharing. I wasn't aware of the Betty White challenge. I will check this out. I really like your message.

1611143533_41876.jpeg

Today, I am thankful for the bubble bath I am about to take. My back has been hurting quite a bit and laying in the warm water always helps even if just for a few hours. Plus, I get to enjoy all my fun bath products 🙂

@QueenMarceline  awww I’m sorry your back is bothering you. I love a good bath as well!!

@ather Thank you, it's a constant. 😕 I'll be heading for another bubble bath tonight lol

@QueenMarceline  I take one every night!! 

@ather I honestly need to start doing that. I think I was just talking to @lmaster about doing a nightly bath time for myself (because she does it every night). I really need to carve that time out for myself, also find it helps me sleep well. 

@QueenMarceline  I feel like it does. I have been doing it for over 10 years. It helps me calm down and relax. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos13
  • tumblr_inline_p60dxlxGig1tg5wat_640.jpg
  • AstonishingTornCottonmouth-size_restricted
  • 20220110_071319.jpg
  • istockphoto-1212997630-612x612.jpeg
  • minis_600x600@2x
  • istockphoto-1205642396-612x612.jpeg
  • 200 (7).gif
  • f4c780e9-1ec2-4ed4-ba78-88ab0d7fe639_text.gif
  • 1611143533_41876.jpeg