Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

Starting 2022, I am hopeful others choose to be happy and positive just for the sake of it. Despite feelings like I’m surrounded by a ton of negativity (everyone has something to complain about), I’ve been able to keep a (generally) chipper mood, while (trying) to encourage those around me to continue seeing the bright side. Many people choose practicing gratitude or kind acts as part of a New Years Resolution, especially if they are taking a wellness approach to their resolutions or, frankly, just as overall self-improvement goals. So, as an easy place for additional support, personal accountability, and maybe just some uplifting stories, I had the idea to start this thread. If it takes off, great! If only a handful of people check in, well that’s still more people impacted than not starting the thread at all. If no one checks in and it gets buried, also fine! Because I know at least a few people will take a look and maybe it’ll plant a seed, be an inspiration, or provide some other unknown benefit. Maybe someone isn’t quite ready to take this sort of a journey right now, but perhaps this can help them get there. Baby steps! I’ve been on this journey for years, there have been setbacks, many in fact, and I’m still on it. But, this isn’t, all about me - it’s about YOU and what’s right for you’re personal journey right now. So, let’s grow through gratitude and grace together. 

Rules? Well, there aren’t really hard and fast rules, but I appreciate some who want to participate might like some guidance and structure. So, if you feel up to it, post something you’re thankful for, happy about, or an unexpected positive interaction with someone. There will be bad days! If you are willing to commit to this attitude change, try to find something you can remind yourself of. Something I’m thankful for *every day* regardless of how the rest of my life is going… I can always make myself a cup of coffee or a latte and drink it. And when I drink that coffee, the first sip brings a stillness nothing else can give me. In fact, it’s easiest to start with something small. Out of interest to not make this too wordy, I’ll post a range of to help start generating ideas to prompt this project, and if you choose to join, fantastic! If not, I hope you’ll still visit to see how others are doing. 

Re: Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

@ather It is a weird weather year for sure!

Eggnog in Coffee-? Sounds so decadent! Sort of stretches the holiday season. Nice bonus that it was a bargain.

I'm happy that Sugar Cubes are still available. And that I attended a concert of The Sugarcubes back in the 80's. And can still remember (parts) of it.

@MvLL Yes! I actually was inspired by the Egg Nog Latte ar Starbucks years ago! That is awesome! Sounds like you have a love for sugar cubes in many forms!

@Mellmars1185 Ooh what a steal! Stay cozy and warm in the snow! 

This weekend I had a lot on my To Do list that I did not get done. I am going to give myself grace today, take it slow and get some groceries done. I am thankful that i have today to get somethings done before I have to work again.

@Mellmars1185 I hear you! Slept in way late today, very grateful to have weekends! Some companies are moving to a four day work week now 😎

@pocketvenus I think that is smart. I hope I am included in that change. Sometimes I try to just listen to my body sometimes instead of my mind.

Today I was so thankful that I have Gatorade at home.

Just keeping it simple today...TGIF!

@Mellmars1185 I'm with ya, sistah!

200 (7).gif

@QueenMarceline I love this! Haha I just watched this movie recently! 

@Mellmars1185 It's definitely a good one 🙂

istockphoto-1205642396-612x612.jpeg

Today, I really want to take time out to be thankful for the not one, but two wonderful eating-out experiences (date nights) I had and my spa day. On Tuesday, we decided to go get Taco Tuesday at a wonderful Mexican catina in the city. I got carne asada, shrimp, white fish and a carnitas taco. It was close to the mall as well and I got to pop in to Sephora for a little bit (something to be grateful for as well, since my s/o agreed to go with me which is rare but has been happening a lot more lately.) On Wednesday (yesterday) I went to the salon for some me-time for a keratin manicure, a wax, a massage and an organic facial. I really enjoyed my spa morning outing but after that I met up with my s/o for a quick lunch outing at a thai food place. I got a Banh Mi sandwich, probably one of the best ones I've ever tried. 

I want to be thankful for these little moments and wonderful dinner/lunch dates. Sometimes it's easy to forget how special and important it is to really go out there and "date". Go check out that lunch spot you've been eyeing, spend quality time together, meet up for an impromptu get together in the middle of the day. Very grateful for being reminded of this during this week. 🙂

@QueenMarceline  Awww that’s an awesome thing to be grateful for!! Our taco truck has closed since October I can’t wait for them to open. Had you got to go to Sephora as well!!

@ather You know it's shocking... but I don't think I've ever had tacos from a taco truck yet. I've lived in more than one city in my day but I just never checked them out? Now I have to see if there's any local to my area because I'm truly living out some FOMO here, haha!

@QueenMarceline  Omg yea!!!! You definitely need to check them out! They use to have food truck festivals in the city we lived before and we always went to it. Good way to try new food!! 

@QueenMarceline Sounds like you had an amazing spa day!

@Mellmars1185 It was definitely a time to be grateful for.

More than grateful today for having access to vaccinations and all healthcare workers who continue to serve the public and advocate for public health ❤️ In Toronto, some people display neon hearts in their windows to show support for frontline workers.

minis_600x600@2x

@pocketvenus  I love that idea!!! So cute!

@pocketvenus  That's a really sweet idea!

Conversation Stats
Photos13
  • tumblr_inline_p60dxlxGig1tg5wat_640.jpg
  • AstonishingTornCottonmouth-size_restricted
  • 20220110_071319.jpg
  • istockphoto-1212997630-612x612.jpeg
  • minis_600x600@2x
  • istockphoto-1205642396-612x612.jpeg
  • 200 (7).gif
  • f4c780e9-1ec2-4ed4-ba78-88ab0d7fe639_text.gif
  • 1611143533_41876.jpeg
  • 742E8069-5D5F-4A24-A98D-6C29421524CE.jpeg