Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

Starting 2022, I am hopeful others choose to be happy and positive just for the sake of it. Despite feelings like I’m surrounded by a ton of negativity (everyone has something to complain about), I’ve been able to keep a (generally) chipper mood, while (trying) to encourage those around me to continue seeing the bright side. Many people choose practicing gratitude or kind acts as part of a New Years Resolution, especially if they are taking a wellness approach to their resolutions or, frankly, just as overall self-improvement goals. So, as an easy place for additional support, personal accountability, and maybe just some uplifting stories, I had the idea to start this thread. If it takes off, great! If only a handful of people check in, well that’s still more people impacted than not starting the thread at all. If no one checks in and it gets buried, also fine! Because I know at least a few people will take a look and maybe it’ll plant a seed, be an inspiration, or provide some other unknown benefit. Maybe someone isn’t quite ready to take this sort of a journey right now, but perhaps this can help them get there. Baby steps! I’ve been on this journey for years, there have been setbacks, many in fact, and I’m still on it. But, this isn’t, all about me - it’s about YOU and what’s right for you’re personal journey right now. So, let’s grow through gratitude and grace together. 

Rules? Well, there aren’t really hard and fast rules, but I appreciate some who want to participate might like some guidance and structure. So, if you feel up to it, post something you’re thankful for, happy about, or an unexpected positive interaction with someone. There will be bad days! If you are willing to commit to this attitude change, try to find something you can remind yourself of. Something I’m thankful for *every day* regardless of how the rest of my life is going… I can always make myself a cup of coffee or a latte and drink it. And when I drink that coffee, the first sip brings a stillness nothing else can give me. In fact, it’s easiest to start with something small. Out of interest to not make this too wordy, I’ll post a range of to help start generating ideas to prompt this project, and if you choose to join, fantastic! If not, I hope you’ll still visit to see how others are doing. 

Re: Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

@Ispend2much6 Sounds like beautiful scenery

@Mellmars1185   It's very picturesque!

Today, I am thankful for patience. A few things have tried me this week, and despite each of them being irritating in their own way, I didn’t let either of them bother me past that moment of irritation. It took me many years to get to that point, and now, I’m happy I no longer lose my patience very easily and in fact can keep my calm for longer than most. The day is much harder when you’re impatient and irritated haha. Now I try to keep it straight chillin. 

I am grateful to have a roof over my head in the cold weather we have in Ontario.

I’m thankful for the many people who have already contributed to this thread, and for those who are looking and reading but may not be ready to share. Whichever part of this journey you are on, you are always welcome to keep spreading joy and happiness. 

And also… I’m thankful for Publix $5 Sushi Wednesdays hahaha. 

Yay sushi!

AstonishingTornCottonmouth-size_restricted

@alexasteph  Ohhh I love sushi! What a great deal!

One small, spontaneous gesture can positively impact another, and impart a good feeling within oneself. Even something as seemingly trite as inviting the person behind you at a grocery Check out-line to go ahead of you, as they've just 2 items, while you've got a dozen. I made that small gesture on Sunday. The smiling eyes and words of Gratitude... Totally Awesome.

@alexasteph Thanks for starting this thread! Today I'm grateful to everyone I know working on social justice and volunteering to support vulnerable groups as Ontario moves into another lockdown today. It's heartening to see people are not giving up in spite of it all. I'm grateful for having the time and ability to focus and contribute to these efforts as we move forward into the new year 💖

@pocketvenus What great work! Thank you dor your work in Ontario. This lockdown in hard on us all.

@Mellmars1185 ❤️ Among many of the issues at hand, I'm grateful to see Ontarian's attention back on Bill 124 which caps our nurses' pay. I was out to protest this bill when Ford pushed it through before the pandemic. Nurses were stretched thin already back then. Fast forward to today and two GTA hospitals have declared a code orange. I feel for everyone who needs hospital surgeries and care right now and hope this gives people the push to fight to ensure our frontline healthcare workers are respected in deed and not just word!

On that note, also really grateful to see more workers standing up for their rights and coming together to push for systemic changes, especially in the US ❤️

@alexasteph Great idea for a thread!

I'm grateful! The area I live in is country, though we have neighbors they are closer together and we have a bit more room between us and the next house...so winter time is horrible. Our house is the one that gets drifts. Drifts taller than me kinda drifts. Neighbors don't -.- their driveways are perfectly clear. The last two days I've had to spend a half hour shoveling myself out of the driveway, I had injured my shoulder so this really sucks, with snow 2-3 feet high each day!

On my last grave shift I had to take the garbage out and the only room for it was in the end of the driveway. I got home in the morning from work, following a snow plow ( I cried aloud when it passed my house). There was the garbage can knocked over and half way buried in the snow. I had to park in the road with my hazards on. Took the garbage can back and grabbed my shovel. A passerby stopped and he helped me shovel a little section for my car to fit. I'm extremely grateful for his kindness! To stop in cold windy negative degree weather to help someone truly shows what an amazing person he is. 

P.S. I took my mom to the store and on our way back I took my little turn too wide and now I'm stuck in the drift haha, guess what I'm doing Saturday. Or today if the wind stops. 

@Samtian Get home safe! You must have more snow than where I am in Canada!

@Mellmars1185 Thanks! I'm just down south in Idaho. 

@Samtian Responding to life's challenges by uplifting others is how we get through it! Always grateful every time someone makes that choice 🙂 I hope your shoulder feels better soon ❤️

@pocketvenus Thank you! 

Today I am thankful that I get the opportunity to get a massage after work today. Trying to take care of the mind and body. Also trying to be consistent with it

@Mellmars1185 Massages are amazing! That sounds great, enjoy it. I’ve been thinking it may be time to schedule one for myself as well. It’s been a few months since my last one and they absolutely do help your mind and your body. 

Thank you @alexasteph  for starting this thread. To be honest I am thankful for discovering this community recently. This past weekend I decluttered and organized my beauty items and dont feel so overwhelmed with my collection. It is nice to have support from other fellow BIC members and I feel welcome. 

@Mellmars1185 We are glad to have you!

Ditto @Mellmars1185 ! 🤗 @Samtian 💞

Conversation Stats
Photos13
  • tumblr_inline_p60dxlxGig1tg5wat_640.jpg
  • AstonishingTornCottonmouth-size_restricted
  • 20220110_071319.jpg
  • istockphoto-1212997630-612x612.jpeg
  • minis_600x600@2x
  • istockphoto-1205642396-612x612.jpeg