Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

Starting 2022, I am hopeful others choose to be happy and positive just for the sake of it. Despite feelings like I’m surrounded by a ton of negativity (everyone has something to complain about), I’ve been able to keep a (generally) chipper mood, while (trying) to encourage those around me to continue seeing the bright side. Many people choose practicing gratitude or kind acts as part of a New Years Resolution, especially if they are taking a wellness approach to their resolutions or, frankly, just as overall self-improvement goals. So, as an easy place for additional support, personal accountability, and maybe just some uplifting stories, I had the idea to start this thread. If it takes off, great! If only a handful of people check in, well that’s still more people impacted than not starting the thread at all. If no one checks in and it gets buried, also fine! Because I know at least a few people will take a look and maybe it’ll plant a seed, be an inspiration, or provide some other unknown benefit. Maybe someone isn’t quite ready to take this sort of a journey right now, but perhaps this can help them get there. Baby steps! I’ve been on this journey for years, there have been setbacks, many in fact, and I’m still on it. But, this isn’t, all about me - it’s about YOU and what’s right for you’re personal journey right now. So, let’s grow through gratitude and grace together. 

Rules? Well, there aren’t really hard and fast rules, but I appreciate some who want to participate might like some guidance and structure. So, if you feel up to it, post something you’re thankful for, happy about, or an unexpected positive interaction with someone. There will be bad days! If you are willing to commit to this attitude change, try to find something you can remind yourself of. Something I’m thankful for *every day* regardless of how the rest of my life is going… I can always make myself a cup of coffee or a latte and drink it. And when I drink that coffee, the first sip brings a stillness nothing else can give me. In fact, it’s easiest to start with something small. Out of interest to not make this too wordy, I’ll post a range of to help start generating ideas to prompt this project, and if you choose to join, fantastic! If not, I hope you’ll still visit to see how others are doing. 

Re: Thankful, Grateful, and Gracious 2022

Grateful today for all the new friends I made over the pandemic. I mostly meet people online these days as the kind of happenstance indoor interactions I used to have are long gone. I've people in other cities with whom I have a correspondence and now I can look forward to seeing them in person someday. By chance I also met someone who lives a 20 minute walk away from my house too so we have met in the neighbourhood a few times now. It takes more effort to get to know new people these days so I really appreciate those people who have made the time ❤️ Of course, it is always lovely to meet new people on BIC as well 🌻

Thankful for small mercies today. Have been thinking about Ontario's healthcare system as the provincial government moves closer toward its long-term plan to privatize healthcare. But I am relieved that my friend's cancer treatment is far along enough that she doesn't need to go into the hospital anymore for chemo and the end to her treatment plan is finally in sight. The timing worked out as she stopped going as things started to really go south in hospitals. Her hair is growing back too! 🙂

In other grateful news, the Labour Day parade returned in person this year. It was great to see healthcare workers out on the street with all the other unions again!

Thought I might revive this thread 🙂 Today I'm thankful for these long summer days allowing us to socialize outside 🌞

@alexasteph Thank you for this thread....I feel less alone when I have "my days"....maybe one day I will open up about my current situation and my struggles, for now....just thank you for the opportunity that you are giving to people. Be able to share their journeys, and to be open about others feelings 💗💕 Everyone needs a bit of self care these days, if you don't do that, you will go insane soon 😂

I recently had a health scare. It was a wake up call for me. I am grateful for my health. Moving forward I am going to drink more water and learn to say no. I am always helping others but you truly have to take care of yourself. Only you know what your mind and body needs.

Love yourself first @Mellmars1185 !! take care darling 💗💕💗

@Skunk12puzzola Thank you 💓

@Mellmars1185 I’m sorry you ran in to some health problems! But am happy to hear you’re on the mend. Drinking more water and saying “no” are two things we all need do remind ourselves to do sometimes. Self-care is so important, you can’t expect to be your best for others if you aren’t your best version of you. 

@alexasteph Thank you. This was 💯 the lesson I learned. I thought I would share it for anyone who needs to hear it. Now I am making small adjustments to make the most of my time in order to get more rest and make things a bit easier for myself.

@Mellmars1185 You’re welcome, thanks for sharing your experience! It might be the reminder someone else needs. 

I have not checked in here for a while. There are a few things that I am grateful for as of late. Today some of my family came over to my house. It has been a while and I am so thankful that we got the opportunity to relax and connect. Another thing I am thankful for is that I have been doing workouts regularly and I have found that it has really been beneficial for my mental health. I have been feeling like I have been on auto pilot for a while. These workouts are making me feel more alive lately. Like a true 'Go Getter'. 💖

I strained a muscle on the weekend and thankful it is feeling better. I am lucky enough to know someone who showed me some exercises to help recover / prevent it from happening. It has made me more aware I need to put more effort in staying in shape.

@Mellmars1185 Thankfully, Time heals all...or most! Preventative measures are good for the spirit too.Hope ya feel better soon! 

@MvLL Thank you so much!

I am thankful I took it slow this weekend. I was ablr to get a lot accomplished and it helped clear my mind. I am hoping to go into this work week strong and positive.

Today I am thankful for the sun and friendly people.it has been really cold and I haven't been outside too much. Today I went shopping and even though it is still cold, the sun felt so nice! 

I found a lucky penny this morning, heads up of course. I used it to will myself to have a good day, as it can be a bit of a wildcard depending on different things… chillest day at work I’ve had in a long time and I was able to diffuse and little issues that popped up quickly and easy. So I’m thankful for sometimes having a little bit of luck to help you through things. Happy Friday! 

@alexasteph I am glad the penny had a positive impact on your day!

@Mellmars1185 Thanks! Sometimes something small and silly like that can have a big impact. I kept it in my desk and will tuck it in a pocket everyday from now on cause it can’t hurt right? Haha. 

Today I am thankful for wisdom, experience, and supportive colleagues/mentors. I’m definitely a tad out of my element at work, but I have a few coworkers who recognize that and are helping me get through it, not by giving directions or orders but with guidance. It’s been a challenging year for me, but I’m hoping it will lead to better opportunities and an environment I’ll feel more successful in. It’s tough to confront the ways you’re struggling, but the right attitude and a legit support system makes it a little easier. Attitude and relationships is everything in the workplace, doesn’t matter where or what industry. This week really made me realize that. 

227 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos13
  • tumblr_inline_p60dxlxGig1tg5wat_640.jpg
  • AstonishingTornCottonmouth-size_restricted
  • 20220110_071319.jpg
  • istockphoto-1212997630-612x612.jpeg
  • minis_600x600@2x
  • istockphoto-1205642396-612x612.jpeg
  • 200 (7).gif
  • f4c780e9-1ec2-4ed4-ba78-88ab0d7fe639_text.gif
  • 1611143533_41876.jpeg