Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

TV Commercials

Unless we're watching something on the DVR, we all have to sit through commercials.  Sometimes that isn't always bad.  Some people watch the Super Bowl just to see the commercials lol.  So what commercials do you like or find hilarious?  Which ones drive you crazy?

Some that I like off the top of my head:

• Geico: Wood Chucks chucking wood
  • Geico: piggy
  • Doritos: the one with the pug running toward the door as the guy makes an idiot of himself lol
  • Discovery Channel: the ones they played a lot with their little jingle "I love the whole world..."   That was stuck in my head a lot.  I caught myself humming it many times lol.
  • Fancy Feast Engagement.  At first, I didn't realize it was a cat food commercial.  It was so darn cute.  I even watched the extended version on YouTube lol.  I wonder how many guys are gonna purpose like that now lol.
  • Aflac.  Pretty much all of the Aflac commercials.  The farm one really cracked me up with the random little pig yelling "And Groceries!" lol.

Ones I Don't Like

• Old Navy ones.  So annoying.  The singing ones are worse than the mannequin ones.
  • Priceline.  Enough said lol.

Re: TV Commercials

who is singing on your commercial?

Coke Commerical--Polar Bear and Recycling one

Allstate--I love the one where the guy pretends to be a teenage girl, drives in a pink car and texts and gets in an accident because "shes' mad at her BFF for liking the same guy she does. 

Smiley Very Happy

I hate food commericals. Sometimes I see back to back to back fast food ones...

i love the allstate mayhem ads, i think that guy "mayhem" is totally hot! i understand he's in ads with snow and ice, but i've been missing him and i hope he comes back when the weather is in the toilet again!

Ones I like:

Geico gecko

MLB "inside Brian Wilson's beard"

Sprint "...so you can get back to playing Angry Birds"

ones I don't like:

Geico cavemen

I normally don't pay much attention to commercials, but I must say I get a huge kick out of the Allstate mayhem commercials -- particuarly the one where he's a raccoon in the attic...and the teenaged girl...there are more, and they're on youtube. I also liked the unemployed Capital One vikings (that was a few years ago). And, if anyone is from the Pittsburgh area, the Eat 'n' Park Christmas star commercial is still my favorite one ever...it was my favorite commercial when I was little and it still makes me tear up! Now that I don't live in an area where it airs during the holiday season, I have to watch it online. Smiley Happy

@katie1724  I love the Allstate Mayhem ones!  I think I'll have to look some of those up on youtube lol.

@pocketvenus: I completely agree -- it's always the supermom type, smiling contentedly as she mops / does dishes / vacuums / folds laundry in her immaculate house. I don't know about you, but even when I was growing up 20+ years ago, my dad definitely did the dishes all the time -- and he knows how to do laundry! Most of the men I know now share household chores, too...and yet, in commercials, it's always women. AND -- oddly enough, a commercial for Tyson's (the chicken fingers?) just came on, with kids beaming, "Thanks, Mom!" which I think is also typical. Why is it always mom -- what about dad?!

katie1724 wrote:

@pocketvenus: I completely agree -- it's always the supermom type, smiling contentedly as she mops / does dishes / vacuums / folds laundry in her immaculate house. I don't know about you, but even when I was growing up 20+ years ago, my dad definitely did the dishes all the time -- and he knows how to do laundry! Most of the men I know now share household chores, too...and yet, in commercials, it's always women. AND -- oddly enough, a commercial for Tyson's (the chicken fingers?) just came on, with kids beaming, "Thanks, Mom!" which I think is also typical. Why is it always mom -- what about dad?!

That's cool that your dad helped out a lot Smiley Happy TV ads should get with the times already!

My dad was always the one who did the vacuuming as well as all the outdoor chores. However, he can't be trusted with laundry. My mom is getting ready to have knee surgery so I don't know how the laundry will get done right when she's laid up with her knee propped up.

I have no patience for commercials in general, but I especially H A T E the ones where some lazy kid is sleeping and WILL NOT TURN OFF THE ALARM CLOCK. Makes me want to smash all the clocks in the house like a crazy person!

I haven't watched commercials in years! I don't even own a television Smiley Tongue

I think the commercials that annoyed me the most are the household products. Laundry, bathroom cleaners, kitchen cleaners, cooking products etc. Why is it always women shown doing these tasks (and strangely, really, really enjoying doing them - unless of course, they're using the competitor's products)? It's not like most women aren't working too! They should have men doing household chores too. And teenaged children for crying out loud. I did my laundry and what not when I was a teen. And I don't know about you, but my partner and I always split the chores between us evenly!!!

I enjoy some print ads. Does that count? There was an LV campaign that had fairy tale motifs, really gorgeous. [edit: OMG I can't believe it, but someone has them all online: http://superqueen.wordpress.com/2010/04/25/fairy-tales/]

Hahah, the Alflac commercial when that brid is all like, "Pays tha doctor's, boyyy!" Makes me laugh!!

A like geico commercials too. That silly little gecco!

Oh, Doritos commercials! I like the one when he throws the snowglobe at the vending machine! And the one with the doritos monster guy!

But for the most part, I don't see commercials... I either watch movies channels like starz and HBO, or Tivo everything, because I can't make myslef stay up much past 11 most nights!! lol... I'm a morning person.

Ones I hate:

priceline negotiator... sorry!

those education connection commercials, they're always on Mtv... yes I watch Jersey Shore! It's so funny!! and teen mom. and rj berger. and awkward... yeah my tv is always on mtv during the daytime, hahah. But anyways, the song gets stuck in my head!! I'll catch myself humming it!!

xoxo, Charlotte

Oh. My. God. I hate Old Navy and JCPenney commercials.  Especially the new JCPenney ones where the kids are walking and then a heart is digitaly drawn around them, and then it skips to all these seens in a high school like this boy with a shirt that says "Mr. Cool", and a girl taking a picture of a friend on a stage.  SO annoying.

@ sofiagreeneyes- I also don't find appealing JCP commercials. Not to mention: K-mart, Bealls, Kohls, etc. discount stores. They usually have kind of discount not high end feel, I have nothing against those stores (I have found some nice things at those stores) I just don't like the commercials. Bing.com commercials are very random lol!!! I also forgot I like the coke/ soda commercials, they are cute <3

@pandapple6 I completely forgot about the Progressive "Flo" Commercials!  Especially the one with all the bikers in it with helmet hair lol.

Another commercial I forgot about that I liked is older.  I think it was for Chevy, and during the commercial they played the song "Walking on the Sun" by Smashmouth.  That was the first time we heard that song, and it was stuck in our heads until we finally found the CD lol.  It's also fun to play on Rockband 3 lol. 

As for restaurant commercials, there is one that I can't stand.  The Arby's song ones.  Drives me crazy lol.

I love commercials! Lol! I don't really watch tv, because I don't like the shows that are on. I occasionally watch it, but mostly I watch old season episodes on DVD of cancelled shows lol! 

But my fav's are:

Progessive "Flo" commericals

Verizon Wireless commericals (spesifically one a few years ago with the quote "who are you texting 50 times a day? like omg my bff Jill" lol

Some car commercials

Gieco commericals

Target commericals 

Aflac commercials 

Betty Crocker commericals (I don't think they are still on, but the one for the chocolate dip thing and the flavored inside of cake ones) 

Cereal commercials

Many I cannot think of lol! 

I don't like commercials for:

Att

Old Navy (the manequins are very annoying) 

Random dentist commercials from no name palces 

Resturaunt commercials because they work! Everytime I see one I feel hungry! Smiley Surprised 

I miss those ROLL OVER MINUTES commercials with the mom giving the kid's the evil eye...LOL....Girlfriend will be looking at those kid's sideeye and saying....PLEASE JUST ONE MORE THING OUTTA YO MOUTH..JUST ONE MO to give me a reason to  slap you silly...

I haven't watched commercials in years!  I DVR everything on commercial stations and mostly just watch old movies on TCM, so I live my life blissfully ignorant of commercials!

Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors