Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

TOP 5 MAKEUP BRANDS YOU WANT TO SEE @SEPHORA

1.Chanel

2. MAC

3.D&G

4. Burberry

5. Clarins

Re: TOP 5 MAKEUP BRANDS YOU WANT TO SEE @SEPHORA

MAC, Shu Uemura, and Laura Gellar...I see LG at Ulta and it seems interesting to me, MAC is a brand I haven't bought yet and definitely would if it were at Sephora but I won't seek it out otherwise, and Shu Uemera for the eyelash curler.

Mally & Jouer!! And maybe Zoya and Color Club polishes too.

1. OCC (Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics), just because I've heard incredible things about their lip tars!

2. Lime Crime, their shadows and lipsticks come in a lot of bright playful colors...it's a great brand for obscure colors. The packaging is so cute and features a little unicorn silhouette.

3. Sugar Pill, they're another brand that specializes in super bold neon eyeshadow/pigments and extremely dramatic lashes.

4. Essie nail polish, I really like how small the polish brush is. It makes applying the color very easy, I almost never have to use polish remover around my cuticles to clean up.

5. Lush, obviously it would be difficult to carry everything, but I'd be satisfied with even 1/5 of their line! More specifically their bath bombs, bath melts, or body washes. I'd love to see us carry more bath supplies Smiley Happy.

Whimsically yours,
Janine

1. Chanel
  2. Armani
  3. D&G
  4. Tom Ford
  5. Deborah Lippmann

D&G beauty, cle de peau, estee lauder, jouer,chanel

Giorgio Armani, Chanel, Calvin Klein, Burberry and Tom Ford - makeup-wise.

Jo Malone, diptyque, Shiseido, Van Cleef & Arpels, and just more selective perfume brands (although I understand why that would never happen).

SIDE NOTE: It seems like an awful lot of people want to see a lot of the same brands (Chanel and Armani makeup, for example), and Sephora already carries their perfumes, so I don't understand why not carry makeup as well? They have Dior and YSL, which are in the same price range.

Highlighted

Sephora in France (aka the original) does sell Armani Beauty, Chanel and many of the other high end lines, but Sephora in the United States does not (and probably will not -- at least not Chanel). Chanel cosmetics used to be sold in US Sephora stores, but they parted ways around 7-8 years ago. (A Chanel employee told me that when US Sephora contracted with J.C. Penney, Chanel pulled the cosmetic line from the US stores because it's a higher end line and wanted to be associated with higher end retail stores (I have no way of knowing if this is true, however). The fragrance has always been more widely available, so it makes sense that they continued to sell that. Armani Beauty is relatively new (I think it's only been around since 2009-ish), so they could eventually make a deal -- but I would be surprised. It seems that most high end or very high end / luxury brands are not sold at US Sephora stores (such as Clé de Peau, Chantecaille, Tom Ford, La Prairie, etc.) perhaps because they want to be aligned with the more exclusive luxury retail chains (Neiman Marcus, Barney's, etc. -- and Nordstrom to some extent). Guerlain is an exception, but I don't think the whole line is available. (All of that said, I certainly would love to see Burberry and all of the above at Sephora -- the money I'm spending elsewhere would earn me VIB points! Smiley Happy)

I guess it makes sense, but it is so frustrating! I don't have any high-end department stores anywhere near where I live, so I can only shop for most of those brands online (there is a Chanel counter at my Macy's, but that's it). The rest of them I can only order from Nordstrom and the likes.

But since Sephora and Sephora inside J.C.Penney are separately standing stores, why couldn't they carry high-end/luxury brands in regular Sephora stores but not inside JCP? I understand that these brands have to make it look like they are so incredibly prestigious (in order to uphold their pricings), but it's difficult to buy makeup without seeing it first-hand.

How I wish there was a web-store that carried all and every beauty brand out there and where you would be able to order samples of the stuff you're interested in! A girl can dream, right? Smiley Happy

Oh, I hear you! I can imagine how frustrating that is.  I wish Sephora did carry more high end lines (for as much as I spend on this stuff elsewhere). You're right, too, about buying makeup sight unseen -- so often the website images are not even of the products themselves but computer-generated colors (and there's just no way to know how it will look in real life). I do wish samples were more widely available, too (and this is what I do love about Sephora) -- and for the company, it probably helps to avoid as many returns (and wasted products).

1 BURBERRY BEAUTY

2 SHU UEMURA

3 JOUER

4 LE METIER DE BEAUTE

5 PAUL AND JOE

2 Replies
Conversation Stats