Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

So it looks like unicorn mail is taking over the Party Thread.  A while back @Mcakes suggested to me that it should have it's own thread. I also saw a few people mention it too since then.  Well I think it's time because the love is overflowing and everyone likes to see an unboxing! I know it's one of my favorite parts of BT. 

๐Ÿ–ค๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ–ค Post your unicorn mail here!!!! ๐Ÿ–ค๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ–ค

unicorn.png

Unicorn Mail: A random act of kindness. Essentially a gift/token of appreciation/pick me up/treat received from a fellow member of the community.

Re: ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

Awww this is so nice!!! Great mail day!!! @ShortErica 

Unicorn mail is the best type of snail mail @veronika23!

It sure is!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ @ShortErica 

@veronika23 I see you started the thread so I was curious about how and when did the unicorn mail concept come up on BIC? Or is it from before when it was..Beauty Talk? Whoever started this idea has created so much sharing and joy.

@ShortErica  I think this might have started when it was BT and we used to post them in the party thread... but it got so busy in there that @Mcakes  suggested that we should have a dedicated thread for it.  Pretty sure I was the one who came up with the name which is why I started the thread... I am definitely the one who posted it on the urban dictionary website. ๐Ÿ˜„  I know in general people have always been nice and helpful on the forum and sent each other stuff but I don't think it was always posted. All I can really remember is that we had a discussion in the party thread and I had suggested a random act of kindness gift exchange... I didn't host it though because I didn't know elfster. I think after that we really saw more packages sent and it became unicorn mail???? I can't really remember though if it was after that or some were sent prior to that as well.  I also remember sending out a lot of Canadian treat boxes with coffee crisps because we were always talking about it and people wanted to know what it tasted like.  I think that came about after I had an exchange of coffee crisps and oreos with @pixiedust2. That was probably back in late 2016 or around that time. It's really hard to remember how it really came about but I know I was one of the people who started it. Back in like 2013-2014 (I think) when it was BT we used to celebrate people's achievements and stuff a lot and there was a lot of life and fun in the community but the section of the community that had that fun was removed from the main feed (long story) so people kinda forgot about it. So when I became more active again I felt something was missing... the community didn't have that fun friendly vibe anymore so I decided to  start the party thread and made sure it would show on the main feed. I felt the community was missing some life and you couldn't really build relationships like we used to. It felt cold to be honest. So I thought a thread where it's more fun and relaxed could help build those relationships... plus sometimes for new members it can be intimidating to post in a beauty community... but if you post a joke it's not that bad right? So the party thread was meant for like an ice-breaker, celebrate people's achievements (community related or not) and say thank you to helpful members of the community... so I think that might also have something to do with the unicorn mail... if that make sense. I tried going back in the Party thread to get some dates but the thread is messed up and not in order so there is no way I can find the posts I am thinking about that might situate me better with dates and stuff for this. As you can see I've been here for a long a** time. ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

*waves* and @veronika23  still surprises me with giant boxes of Coffee Crisp and skull goodies! Just out of the blue. Sheโ€™s the best Unicorn mailer out there โค๏ธ

Awwww you are too sweet!!!! @pixiedust2 ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค

I love this @veronika23! As a newbie, I'm curious about how things have changed over time and you've given a great recap. I also love that you added it to urban dictionary. @missjeanie sent me coffee crisps! It's amazing that this has continued for years and I hope it stays around for many more to come. ๐Ÿ™‚

Things have definitely changed a lot...   Hahaha yeah I thought it would be fun to add it there. ๐Ÿ˜„ Did you like them?  Very popular in the community... kinda like the llamas are... they're also from the BT days.  It's fun that some stuff stuck around. ๐Ÿ™‚ @ShortErica 

@veronika23 @ShortErica  I remember watching/loving see you guys send unicorn mail back on BT around 2014 ish? Maybe earlier? 

@missjeanie  oh yeah? I personally don't remember sending anything that far back. ๐Ÿ˜„  I guess it wasn't me. I base my dates on something that happened on BT in late 2016... so I guess that's how I remember some of the dates. Plus the Party thread was created back in 2016... so I don't think I personally sent out a lot of packages before then. ๐Ÿ™‚  So must have been other people in the community.  Which I think did happen but not sure how much people posted back then and don't think it was called unicorn mail. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm sure it was just parcels going back and forth for the longest time @veronika23 .  I'm horrible at remembering what was in what thread but I remember seeing all the awesome packages of appreciation going out!  I love that we have the two threads now though.  It's much more organized! 

@missjeanieoh yeah probably... I have no concept of time most of the time lol and a bad memory. ๐Ÿ˜„  I just remember seeing more in like 2017 I think... and sometime around that time we started calling it unicorn mail.  I do like have a separate thread for it too. ๐Ÿ™‚

@veronika23 They were good but probably not something I would search out. The Caramilk was great and the Wunderbar was probably my favorite. Llamas were super cool and the thing for me and my friends when I was in high school..2002-2005. Haha.

@ShortErica  oh I love Wunderbars too!!!  Hahaha nice!!!! everything comes back into fashion! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

Oh yep, like scrunchies being back. Though personally I cant see myself wearing one now @veronika23 ๐Ÿ˜‚

Have you tried American candy bars?

@ShortErica   Hahaha yeah not sure I see myself wearing one either... well maybe around the house. ๐Ÿ˜„

I think I've tried a few like Payday? (a long time ago) but I never remember which are US only... I can't even recall all the ones Canada has that the US doesn't. ๐Ÿ˜„

From the US I sent @missjeanie butterfinger, whatchamacallit, 5th avenue, baby ruth. My husband commented that the ones with peanuts seemed not to be in Canada. Don't know if that's true or not.

I'm thinking I should compile a list of Can vs. US candy bars as well @ShortErica @veronika23 off the top of my head

Canadian                                 US

Crunchie                                  Payday

Crispy Crunch                          Baby Ruth

Caramel                                   Whatchamacallit 

Wonderbar                               100 Grand

Aero                                         Butterfinger

Mr. Big?                                   Take 5

Laura Secord                           5th Avenue

Coffee Crisp                             Almond Joy

Smarties                                  Mounds

Mackintosh Toffee                    Charleston Chew

Big Turk                                   Baby Ruth

Ringolos                                  3 musketeers

All Dressed Chips                    Mr. Goodbar

Ketchup Chips                        Caramello

Hickory Sticks                         And Sugary Cereal is a whole other list!

I'm told our Cream Soda is different too?

Joe Louis snack cakes

Wagon Wheels

Swiss Chalet Sauce

St. Hubert Poutine Gravy Mix

I'm sure I mixed up some but this is what I can think of just siting here with my SO. Oh and Kraft Dinner vs. Kraft Mac n Cheese.  Different. 

Oh some of them I've never heard before @ShortErica ... but I know Canada has butterfingers... I've had them here a few times. Great list @missjeanie!  Canadian smarties are chocolate vs US smarties which are what we Canadians call rockets (candy). And I think the US finally has all dressed chips... I think it was a limited edition a few years ago but was so popular they decided to keep it.

What's different with the cream soda? Because ours is pink? I've also seen it clear though...

Also there are different oreos between the two countries. ๐Ÿ˜„

@veronika23 @ShortErica @@I knee is mess up a couple for sure. I think seeing both on a regular (weekly) basis makes it easy to access them all and therefore forget what youโ€™ve seen where. I canโ€™t remember what the cream soda difference was, but I recall seeing an article about people exporting cream soda to California for rappers? 

19 Replies
testing