Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty
|

πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ“¦ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD πŸ“¦πŸ¦„πŸŒˆ

So it looks like unicorn mail is taking over the Party Thread.  A while back @Mcakes suggested to me that it should have it's own thread. I also saw a few people mention it too since then.  Well I think it's time because the love is overflowing and everyone likes to see an unboxing! I know it's one of my favorite parts of BT. 

πŸ–€πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ“¦πŸ–€ Post your unicorn mail here!!!! πŸ–€πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ“¦πŸ–€

unicorn.png

Unicorn Mail: A random act of kindness. Essentially a gift/token of appreciation/pick me up/treat received from a fellow member of the community.

Re: πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ“¦ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD πŸ“¦πŸ¦„πŸŒˆ

@lmaster what another generous and super thoughtful gift. Those masks look awesome.

@GalPalVal17 I'm just in awe of the thoughtfulness 😊 thanks so much

@lmaster oh wow, such a great package with so many wonderful products from @faeriegirl !!  I love that some others are trying out the salad kits, I'm super curious to see how everyone likes them!

@missjeanie @faeriegirl was such a doll and offered to send me some to try! I definitely didn't expect all this love! So very very thoughtful 😘

Great masks, great samples, delicious chocolate... that's a wonderful package to arrive, @lmaster! Very sweet of @faeriegirl to put it together for you!

Thank you @quspork @faeriegirl is such a sweetie pie 😘

RE: πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ“¦ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD πŸ“¦πŸ¦„πŸŒˆ

So nice!

Re: RE: πŸŒˆπŸ¦„πŸ“¦ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD πŸ“¦πŸ¦„πŸŒˆ

@KehDee @faeriegirl is such a giving thoughtful person! So blessed 😘

Yay! I’m so glad you like it all @lmaster!😊

Love love love it! @faeriegirl πŸ˜˜πŸ€—

@faeriegirl and I must have been on the unicorn mail bus together! Isn't she so sweet?! Enjoy it @lmaster!

@ShortErica @faeriegirl you both are the best!! Thank you so much,, good vibes and karma coming your ways πŸ˜˜πŸ€—

@lmaster love all the love you are getting with the Unicorn mail. @faeriegirl did such a great job selecting perfect products for you. 

Thank you @SportyGirly125 I'm just so taken aback by @faeriegirl s generosity

So little did I know that when I was planning to surprise @faeriegirl with some mail, she was also shipping me a package! Knowing how kind and sweet she is, I was so excited to get my mail today. Of course I had an HOA meeting that delayed me from posting but that didn't stop me from opening it in a hurry before I left.

Look at the detail in just her card..she knows how to add special touches:

20190528_173942.jpglook at that cute little unicorn - perfect for unicorn mail!

But inside the box was something even sweeter:

Spoiler
20190528_180234.jpgCHOCOLATE! Please ignore the meat in the background, I had to save the chocolate from the Florida heat.

Other goodies:

Spoiler
20190528_173918.jpgOoo - salad masks to try and Origins - actually all of these are new to me!

But wait there's more in the bag:

Spoiler
20190528_174510.jpgGreat minds think alike - Skyn Iceland eye gels! Hahaha

I'm not surprised but yet I am. This is above and beyond and so many things I love or want to try. The DEVACURL - WAVE MAKERβ„’ Touchable Texture Whip

has been doing great for me - I just started using it in May. I'm happy to have these extra ones. I haven't tried the oil but can't wait.

Also I'm really curious about the Supergoop sunscreen. And so many new to me eye masks. Wow, just wow! Thanks again @faeriegirl, I will enjoy all of this so much. And I've already eaten some chocolate! Smiley Happy

Awww this is so nice!!! Great mail day!!! @ShortErica 

Unicorn mail is the best type of snail mail @veronika23!

It sure is!!! Smiley Very Happy @ShortErica 

@veronika23 I see you started the thread so I was curious about how and when did the unicorn mail concept come up on BIC? Or is it from before when it was..Beauty Talk? Whoever started this idea has created so much sharing and joy.

@ShortErica  I think this might have started when it was BT and we used to post them in the party thread... but it got so busy in there that @Mcakes  suggested that we should have a dedicated thread for it.  Pretty sure I was the one who came up with the name which is why I started the thread... I am definitely the one who posted it on the urban dictionary website. Smiley Very Happy  I know in general people have always been nice and helpful on the forum and sent each other stuff but I don't think it was always posted. All I can really remember is that we had a discussion in the party thread and I had suggested a random act of kindness gift exchange... I didn't host it though because I didn't know elfster. I think after that we really saw more packages sent and it became unicorn mail???? I can't really remember though if it was after that or some were sent prior to that as well.  I also remember sending out a lot of Canadian treat boxes with coffee crisps because we were always talking about it and people wanted to know what it tasted like.  I think that came about after I had an exchange of coffee crisps and oreos with @pixiedust2. That was probably back in late 2016 or around that time. It's really hard to remember how it really came about but I know I was one of the people who started it. Back in like 2013-2014 (I think) when it was BT we used to celebrate people's achievements and stuff a lot and there was a lot of life and fun in the community but the section of the community that had that fun was removed from the main feed (long story) so people kinda forgot about it. So when I became more active again I felt something was missing... the community didn't have that fun friendly vibe anymore so I decided to  start the party thread and made sure it would show on the main feed. I felt the community was missing some life and you couldn't really build relationships like we used to. It felt cold to be honest. So I thought a thread where it's more fun and relaxed could help build those relationships... plus sometimes for new members it can be intimidating to post in a beauty community... but if you post a joke it's not that bad right? So the party thread was meant for like an ice-breaker, celebrate people's achievements (community related or not) and say thank you to helpful members of the community... so I think that might also have something to do with the unicorn mail... if that make sense. I tried going back in the Party thread to get some dates but the thread is messed up and not in order so there is no way I can find the posts I am thinking about that might situate me better with dates and stuff for this. As you can see I've been here for a long a** time. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

*waves* and @veronika23  still surprises me with giant boxes of Coffee Crisp and skull goodies! Just out of the blue. She’s the best Unicorn mailer out there ❀️

22 Replies