Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

So it looks like unicorn mail is taking over the Party Thread.  A while back @Mcakes suggested to me that it should have it's own thread. I also saw a few people mention it too since then.  Well I think it's time because the love is overflowing and everyone likes to see an unboxing! I know it's one of my favorite parts of BT. 

๐Ÿ–ค๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ–ค Post your unicorn mail here!!!! ๐Ÿ–ค๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ–ค

unicorn.png

Unicorn Mail: A random act of kindness. Essentially a gift/token of appreciation/pick me up/treat received from a fellow member of the community.

Re: ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

Isnโ€™t it, @quspork? Itโ€™s beautiful, and so is the thought and care that went into everything @ShortErica did๐Ÿ˜Š

@eshoe wow!!! @ShortErica you are wonderful! Idk how the heck you find the time to do all this with your twins!! Enjoy these lovely goodies

@eshoe @lmaster It was only one night. And it was so fun to do! My husband takes the brunt of it with the boys a lot of the time so I'm lucky to have some "me" time most nights. And I learned that I like the more square USPS boxes so I know which ones to bring home in the future.

My husband would have an anxiety attack if he had to watch the boys longer than 2 hours @ShortErica he will text me and say... How much longer??? Like panic mode

Oh geez @lmaster I wouldn't be able to handle that. Since the beginning we've done great at each having at least one sport/hobby night where one of us is on kid duty and the other has the night off. I couldn't imagine only two hours before "peace" is interrupted. You are a super mom!

@ShortErica I'm a sahm so I do get many hours to do whatever I want while they are in school, but it still is a pain on weekends if I have to run somewhere

Being an adult is no fun sometimes. Sometimes I wish there was a rule for no errands on the weekend but there is never enough time during the weekdays @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Isn't that the truth @ShortErica sometimes I'm a procrastinator too ๐Ÿคท

@ShortErica you can also order some of the Regional flat rate priority boxes from USPS, they are slightly smaller (not by much) and a few $$$ less to ship๐Ÿ˜‰

Wait, explain @eshoe. There's a difference between flat rate and regional flat rate. Hmm... gotta figure this out if I can save money so then I can send more mail

@ShortErica these are the boxes, you can get them off the USPS site. For comparison, the Medium flat rate are 11 x 8.5 x 5.5 and cost $14.35 to ship. The Regional boxes are just slightly smaller but only cost $10.55 to ship. 

Regional.jpg

Thanks @eshoe! I wonder if they are in the USPS stores too. I will definitely be getting these in the future!

@ShortErica they donโ€™t have regional a in the usps store I already checked. I ordered a bunch of different size boxes for work online since the actual store only has a couple of sizes. 

Thanks for this info @SportyGirly125!

I wouldn't count on it, @ShortErica. But maybe you'll get lucky. My PO doesn't carry the regional or padded flat rate so I order them both online. 

I know @lmaster@ShortErica must be pulling some masking all-nighters๐Ÿ˜„

That's no joke ๐Ÿ˜‚ @eshoe 

Can I just start off by saying that I LOVE that the Unicorn Mail thread has been so busy lately.  The members of BIC really are such a wonderful bunch that really exemplifies what friends are!  

@ShortErica has been a busy, busy bee lately because I also was blessed to receive unicorn mail from her!  I was so excited to pick up my package today and didn't open it before I went into TJMaxx. (I cross into the US to pick up packages, get gas, groceries, check TJ's and grab dinner out, before crossing back into Canada) Well I was hoping to find some of the Oozoo bear masks in TJ's and was a little sad that there wasn't any there... shorterica to the rescue!!  Theres something about the aesthetic of the packaging, maybe the amazing reviews... I'm pumped to try these out!  

And we're coming up on Y week soon in the Masking Challenge thread so a few more Yaddah masks, you're right shorterica, can't just be doing aloe and snails! This is quickly becoming a favourite brand, and I'm thinking I might be doing a full week of Yaddah!  

I've had trouble finding Leaders masks so I'm excited to give a few of these a try as well.  They're a favourite of many on the masking thread and I'm sure I'm going to love them! 

All the American candy!!  She was so sweet to figure out what candy I don't have at home and send me some of the US exclusives, I honestly think I've only ever had the butterfingers when I was a teenager.  All the other candy is new, and I'm having a hard time deciding between the whatchamacallit and the Churro twists for tonight!!

Shorterica has been a mindreader for me on BIC, I swear she's always thinking along the same lines as me and reads my mind when it comes to comments!  She's a joy to chat with and does some amazzzzing reviews!  I'm so happy to call her a friend!

Thanks again so much Shorterica!  You really made this girls day!  

So excited to try out some new masks AND candy!!So excited to try out some new masks AND candy!!

Amazing package! Enjoy all the new masks @missjeanie!

@veronika23 I"ve loved two from @ShortErica 's unicorn mail so far... all the candy/chocolate is now gone though... I tore through those pretty quick! lol Loved the Cinnamon Twists!

Nice @missjeanie! Hope you love the others as well. ๐Ÿ™‚  Yeah those twists looked good. ๐Ÿ˜„

4 Replies
testing