Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

So it looks like unicorn mail is taking over the Party Thread.  A while back @Mcakes suggested to me that it should have it's own thread. I also saw a few people mention it too since then.  Well I think it's time because the love is overflowing and everyone likes to see an unboxing! I know it's one of my favorite parts of BT. 

๐Ÿ–ค๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ–ค Post your unicorn mail here!!!! ๐Ÿ–ค๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ–ค

unicorn.png

Unicorn Mail: A random act of kindness. Essentially a gift/token of appreciation/pick me up/treat received from a fellow member of the community.

Re: ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

Oh lord I wish you could send you a DD @keana1. I live in DD central (founded in MA). There are probably 10 in my town (and itโ€™s not a big town). You could spit and hit one!

@jozkid  That's hilarious!

And completely true @darkiceis. Apparently I overestimated though. Thereโ€™re only 8 in my town although there must me some that are right over the town lines. 4FE2820D-C877-4FC6-B3BF-DD4AFFE604FD.jpeg

@jozkid  You weren't kidding about the spit.  I suppose DD does well in your area to have so many.

Itโ€™s like a religion around here @darkiceis!

@jozkid You just made me laugh ๐Ÿ˜‚ like crazy ๐Ÿ˜œ!

Yay @SpaceLlama! Glad everything arrived safely. Saw the llama cup and knew it had to be yours. Hope the masks and DE Babyfacial work out for you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Aww thank you, @itsfiThe llama cup is absolutely adorable! It even fits in with the turquoise/white colour scheme of my room. ๐Ÿ™‚ I've already tried out 2 masks and can't wait to try out more. Is there such a thing as a masking marathon because I want to try them all out at once haha. I've never tried out masks that look this interesting before so thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to try them! 

For the Babyfacial, would you recommend I use it alone or should/can I use a sheet mask afterwards?

@SpaceLlama, the first time I tried DE Babyfacial, I used it alone to see how my skin would respond to it. Nowadays, I usually use a hydrating sheet mask after it or something that does not contain any AHAs or BHAs in it.

Thank you, @itsfi

I'll try it out alone at first like you did ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ok, guys. Buckle up. You thought my last unicorn mail post was emotional? ๐Ÿฆ„ I'm gettin' even more real now.

@itsfi recently offered to send me some masks to try out and I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA I would pick up THIS!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ตI opened my package around noon but I was in so much awe and amazement and utter shock at so many wonderful, personalized, super generous goodies that I literally had to put this box away for a bit and just emotionally digest how grateful I was feeling. So now... here I am.

Alright... I apologize ahead of time for the emotional tangent I'm about to go on... but you all really need to know how much you have changed my life in the best possible way. 

First off... I don't go in to my emotions. Ever. I really don't. So know this is 100% genuine and honestly from my heart. ๐Ÿ’–

You have already heard me talk about how the BIC has accepted me with open arms since day one... and you all really, truly have. That alone means the world to me. But ever since receiving an amazing gift from @eshoe , and now @itsfi ... you have moved me so much to the point of actually reconsidering how I see the world. I know it sounds drastic... someone gives you a package of amazing skincare and makeup products and your entire personal philosophy changes? Hear me out...

At the age of about twelve, I came to the realization that something had always been "off" inside of me. I won't go super deep into it or bother anyone with potentially triggering details... but just know I have struggled HARD with four separate mental/emotional disabilities throughout my entire life. Most people never have to battle mental illness, so it is understandably a difficult experience to grasp... but trust that it is a living, breathing, psychological nightmare. 

The years when my disabilities peaked were easily the worst years of my life. And to put it bluntly... I never came out the same. Going in, I had some issues, but who doesn't? Everything was relatively manageable and I even excelled socially as a child. Coming out was a completely different story.

I would not have believed you then had you told me the good days aren't gone forever. I would not have believed you had you said I could succeed or even make it through another day without this feeling swallowing me whole. And even though I knew it was all in my head... it effected me like it wasn't. 

Since those times, I have retained a naturally pessimistic impulse. Although I try my best to focus on the good in life, positivity does not come to me easily and it can often feel impossible to find. 

Maybe the worst thing about traumatic periods is being robbed of your ability to trust. You want to trust others... you really do... but you have absolutely no idea where to even begin. Like I said, I try to look on the bright side... but more times than not you just get tired. You give in... and accept the worst just in case. 

I can honestly say that before joining the BIC, I gave up on the "humanity" of humanity. I didn't actively despise people or wish anyone foul harm... but I sort of accepted my place in a washed out background. 

These were my facts: I'm an average, 21 year old girl from Kansas City, looking to be something in New York. I've been told I have talent... but I can't necessarily judge that for myself. I don't think I'm horrible. But I'm not really great either. I'm just me, ya know? And that's all.

But to you guys... that was more than enough. You treat me like I matter... like my opinions matter... like what I have to contribute really, honestly matters. You treat me like I'm important... like I'm a friend... like who I am is a good thing to be... And you cannot possibly imagine what that means to me. It may seem like a small compliment here or "a little hello, glad to be part of this community" there, as @eshoe would put it (she is so sweet!). But you guys made me think...

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe there is still good out there. 

Really... honestly... thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

You may think these gifts and words are just small blimps in my life, but they mean so much more to me. ๐Ÿ’–End emotional rant.

(Sorry for the sentimental spam! Meehh... )

Pretty glitter card!Pretty glitter card!First AMAZING bundle of masks!First AMAZING bundle of masks!Second AWESOME bundle of masks!Second AWESOME bundle of masks!Third WONDERFUL bundle of masks!Third WONDERFUL bundle of masks!Freakin' adorable pink bag (I actually needed another bag and was about to go look for one. THIS IS SO PERFECT!!! I LOVE IT!!!) next to a Glow Studio K-Beauty Routine Kit, Malin + Goetz Revitalizing Eye Gel, and Kate Somerville Exfolikate!Freakin' adorable pink bag (I actually needed another bag and was about to go look for one. THIS IS SO PERFECT!!! I LOVE IT!!!) next to a Glow Studio K-Beauty Routine Kit, Malin + Goetz Revitalizing Eye Gel, and Kate Somerville Exfolikate!Three super cute Glamglow tubes (Flashmud Brightening Treatment, Gravitymud Firming Treatment, and Powermud Dual Cleansing Treatment) next to a Becca Glow on the Go Kit (including Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight in Moonstone [liquid] and Shimmer Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone)!Three super cute Glamglow tubes (Flashmud Brightening Treatment, Gravitymud Firming Treatment, and Powermud Dual Cleansing Treatment) next to a Becca Glow on the Go Kit (including Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight in Moonstone [liquid] and Shimmer Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone)!Six fancy chocolates in flavors Chipotle, Milk Chocolate, Orange, Sea Salt with Milk Chocolate, Sea Salt with Dark Chocolate, and Dark Chocolate!Six fancy chocolates in flavors Chipotle, Milk Chocolate, Orange, Sea Salt with Milk Chocolate, Sea Salt with Dark Chocolate, and Dark Chocolate!

@SchylarR  This goes to show how wonderful BIC really is.  BIC is a release for many people for different reasons.  A special gem on the internet that brings a lot of people together.  Being open is hard and at the same time, many people are probably relieved to know that there are others with the same experiences.  BIC has brought on many real friendships. โค๏ธ

Enjoy everything...there's so much stuffs for you play with! 

Agreed and thanks so much! ๐Ÿ™‚ @darkiceis

RE: Re: ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

Congrats lovely @SchylarR!! You are a gorgeous, amazing woman and a total sweetheart! You deserve all the goodness the world and the BIC bestows upon you!!

Awwwwwh! Those are such sweet words!!! Thank you so much!...

Awwwwwh! Those are such sweet words!!! Thank you so much!!! ๐Ÿ˜Š @KrishAtl

There is so much strength in vulnerability @SchylarR, this was really powerful to read โค๏ธ It makes me happy to know that you've

found a place here in our little corner of the Internet! The connections built here are really so amazing, Iโ€™m glad that you feel like you fit in here, because you do!!

This was a really wonderful package from , she puts such love and thought into her gifts!! I know youโ€™ll have fun trying everything, I canโ€™t wait to read your reviews in the masking thread! โ˜บ๏ธ

Thank you so much girly!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ @bakeamuffin

@SchylarR โค๏ธ

@SchylarR,

Of course you made us all cry!  But, crying with empathy and love is a good thing!  I'm so glad that you found friends here at BIC!  You belong here, you are welcome here!

Good luck with school this Fall!

@itsfi strikes again!  What a wonderful Unicorn Mail package!  Inspired.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you so much!!! It means the world to me!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ @tsavorite

@SchylarR

Oh, what a wonderful gift to a wonderful person!! I'm so glad you have found there are sweet, special people in this world!! I'm an optimist by nature,  but sometimes it is hard to stay positive and strong when life can knock you down, time after time!! There are special people here on the BIC and @itsfi

is definitely one of those!! So are you!!  Enjoy all your masks and skincare gifts!! Hope you have a great school year!! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•

2 Replies
testing