Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

So it looks like unicorn mail is taking over the Party Thread.  A while back @Mcakes suggested to me that it should have it's own thread. I also saw a few people mention it too since then.  Well I think it's time because the love is overflowing and everyone likes to see an unboxing! I know it's one of my favorite parts of BT. 

๐Ÿ–ค๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ–ค Post your unicorn mail here!!!! ๐Ÿ–ค๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ–ค

unicorn.png

Unicorn Mail: A random act of kindness. Essentially a gift/token of appreciation/pick me up/treat received from a fellow member of the community.

Re: RE: ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

@cawayOh sweetheart!! Anytime you want to commiserate, PM ME!!!!! ๐Ÿ’‹โœจ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’‹โœจ

RE: Re: RE: ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

@mermadelove Thank you so much!! Will do.๐Ÿ’—

Re: RE: ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

@caway  sorry for the health troubles you are going through. They are no fun! ๐Ÿ˜ž  It's good that you can see a positive side and that you get to spend more time with your family. Glad makeup makes you feel good and that you enjoy BIC. Those little things can help deal with the health issues. ๐Ÿ™‚

RE: Re: RE: ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

Thank you @veronika23

Re: ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ“ฆ THE UNICORN MAIL THREAD ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

Hi everyone! Iโ€™ve been incognito for a while due to extreme work stress and health issues. I actually stayed home yesterday due to a horrible migraine. My doorbell rings. A FedEx truck is driving away and there is this huge box on my porch. โ€œ I didnโ€™t order anything.....โ€EC6CD9D6-536C-490E-B3D9-09F9D602CCCF.jpeg

Gifts to share with the little!Gifts to share with the little!

@itsfi sent this AMAZING box of goodies ( this only MOST of it)! 

One of the teas is called - I kid you not- F migraines! Talk about perfect!

and my little oneโ€™s first day back home was graced with these shareable gifts!

@itsfi thank you so much for your perfect timing, perfect gifts and EPIC generosity!

( โ€œIโ€™ll send you a few masks....โ€ she said!)

โœจ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿงœ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธโœจ

@mermadelove Sorry you havenโ€™t been feeling well! What a lovely gift from @itsfi. Love that she sent you the f-migraines tea! 

@mermadelove,

I have missed you!  It is so great to see you here!  I'm sorry about your migraines, extreme work stress, and health issues!   I guess we have a support group here including some of us who don't feel too well, some, or most of the time!  Anyway, you are not at all alone!  

@itsfi  is darling to have sent you all these presents and treats!  I am in love with the Pusheen mermaid mug!  That is so darling!  Who is more cheerful than Pusheen?  ๐Ÿ™‚

@tsavorite Iโ€™ve been missing you too, friend!!! I was actually thinking of PMing you about one of the authors I think you turned me on to ( Rachelle Meade?) It really sucks to have a chronic illness that people canโ€™t โ€˜seeโ€™ and donโ€™t take seriously.  I actually out myself at serious risk โ€˜powering throughโ€™ a migraine this past week that ended up being stubborn becuase it was my blood pressure was through the roof! Thank goodness my mom ( who is a nurse too) was visiting and checked it. She had me get in touch with my doctor right away and we are still working on fixing things......

I need to spend more time here and less time stressingโ€” that should help!! ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

@mermadelove I canโ€™t rememeber if Iโ€™ve asked you this before. Do you take any prophylactic meds for your migraines? I have been doing research on some options, but some of the potential side effects are a bit frightening. 

@PrettyPaint very thoughtful of you to ask! Iโ€™ve tried almost everything and am currently taking a beta blocker and tricyclics antidepressant to try and reduce the frequency of my attacks. I used topanax for a while and stopped because the cognitive side effects were so bad that it wasnโ€™t worth the โ€œfixโ€. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I really want to try Amovig but my neuro isnโ€™t on board yet.....,

@mermadelove Yikes, it sounds like you have already explored your options quite a bit. I had considered going on topamax, but I am quite afraid of the cognitive effects. It sounds like it wasnโ€™t worth it. I was also recommended the beta blocker and tricyclic route, but I havenโ€™t experimented with that either. If you find it helpful, please let me know. Iโ€™m really sorry for everything youโ€™re going through, though. Aimovig is the monthly injection that just got approved, right? It sounds like you would be a good candidate for that, although I donโ€™t know much about side effects, etc.

@PrettyPaintl The beta blocker/tricyclic helped for a while. Iโ€™ll PM you! 

@mermadelove  I was wondering where you were; I assumed you were avoiding BIC to avoid temptation (like I should do soon.)  I hope you feel better very soon; and that mug is totally you!  Good job @itsfi!

@Ispend2much6 that was ALSO part of my motivation! I was doing SO well, too. But then,........ BIC appreciation sale....... I literally have been to a Sephora Every. Single. Day. Of the sale!!! ( I tried to stick to restocks but........Too Faced!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’‹โœจ)

The unicorn mail gods have spoken and they are anti-migraine! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Such a sweet gift! Enjoy your goodies!!! @mermadelove @itsfi

@SchylarR. I thought the same thing! LOL!

What an amazing box @mermadelove!!! Sorry you are dealing with health issues ๐Ÿ˜ž I hope you feel better soon!!!! xo

@veronika23itโ€™s been awful...... ๐Ÿ˜ž 

Community support means a lot! Itโ€™s NOT like I have cancer or something, but it still sucks. 

So sorry @mermadelove. Iโ€™ve only ever had a migraine once that I can recall, but it was so awful I thought I was having a stroke. Talk about freaking out... I was driving to work and got a full blown aura! It took almost the entire day in bed until I started feeling better. I canโ€™t imagine having to endure that on a regular basis. ๐Ÿ˜ž Please take care and try to keep those things at bay!

@jozkid I can totally relate to that story! Iโ€™m GLAD you only experienced it once!!!! I donโ€™t wish them on my worst enemy! What scared me about this week was that I could easily have had a stroke if it wasnโ€™t for my mum! Iโ€™m so used to โ€œriding outโ€ those kinds of symptoms that I totally missed that this one was different! 

Thanks for the well wishes! โœจ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿงœ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธโœจ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹

I'm so sorry @mermadelove ๐Ÿ˜ž  I'll be thinking of you and hope it gets better real soon! And doesn't have to be cancer to be awful. There are plenty of horrible things that aren't that. Much love! ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค

1 Reply
testing