Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

@Titian06,

It's not that we didn't miss you, it's that so many people have been missing because unable to sign into BIC!

Hi,  @michelleshops!

Welcome back!  I hope that you can continue to sign in and stay in!

I have to sign in to my account with my password on Sephora, and leave that tab open then open another tab to go to BIC.  Sometimes I need to start by going to my Cart on the Sephora page before I can go to my account to sign in with my password. 

I use Chrome on a desktop.

The work-around is complicated some days!  Good luck!

Well hello you @michelleshops!  I have a work around if you can’t remember

Welcome back, @michelleshops!

Ok, so what was up with my hub’s Facebook feed today? Are these really a thing at Walmart? They’re really marketed as FUNERAL potatoes? WTF? And the earthworm jerky.... I’m speechless. E4613F76-044C-4590-A872-E322B5925C7E.png

4500D3C2-3A7A-456A-B8FF-6963F25E9ECC.png

@jozkid  From what I understand, Walmart was using the recipe for Funeral Potatoes as an ad for the dehydrated potato flakes you have an image of.

We never called that recipe funeral potatoes, but called it hash brown casserole.

You mix frozen but thawed hash brown potatoes (not the kind that are shaped and ready to fry, but the shredded ones,) sauteed onions, cream of chicken soup, cooked chopped chicken, probably milk, salt and pepper, cheddar cheese, and crushed Cornflakes with butter on top of the casserole.  Bake.

I'm confused @Ispend2much6. The recipe you wrote is for funeral potatoes or hash brown casserole? Whichever, it does not sound carb friendly. 🙂

@jozkid,

Funeral Potatoes is a side dish, usually served at get-togethers like a pot-luck dinner, with lots of other dishes, like choices of meat and salad, and desert.  And more Carbs!

🙂

@jozkid  It's the same recipe, different names, (I think.)  It's not carb friendly, but it will fill up sons and hubby. 🙂  I actually haven't made it in a long time, but you could throw in some leftover meat too, like ham or chicken. 

My children eat like locusts @Ispend2much6.

@jozkid  You are so hysterical in how you describe things!  And, accurate. 🙂  My husband eats way more than my kids.  All day long.  I can't figure it out, and he's thin.  My kids are too, but they are careful with what and how much they eat.

Thanks @Ispend2much6! I would like to think I am amusing. I sound that way in my own head anyway. 😄

My husband used to be wicked skinny when he was younger. Then he spent a summer in Philadelphia doing an internship during law school. We refer to that as the "Summer of Beer and Cheesesteaks." From what he tells me, it was a downhill slide from there. I cannot throw stones, though. I'm living in my own glass house.

One of my twins looks exactly like my husband and used to be super skinny, too. And then he wasn't. Poor kid didn't even get the summer with cheesesteaks.

@jozkid-  I looked at their website too, Rocky Mountain Oyster jerky, that one's right up there with earthworm jerky in my book, makes me happy I eat vegan.

@prettyinpa who the heck would buy any of this stuff? I'm gagging looking at the names, let alone try to eat any of it. I am a meat eater, but this stuff is just repulsive.

@jozkid- when I was a teen, my Dad took me to the VFW monthly dinner-they had exotic meat night, I was grossed out and ended up only eating the salad and dessert and I was a meat eater then too. They were serving alligator among other weird things and I nearly cried, I had a pet alligator at the time and eating a pet type animal was so repellent. Needless to say, that's the last time he took me, I think I embarrassed him.

@jozkid  No, thanks!  😉 

Image result for earthworms gif

That moves by itself @heartsmyface!  Ah, robotic spaghetti!

I don’t feel so good @Tamara76! Lol!

I suppose I could make my own worm jerky... wait for a big rain storm then watch my driveway as it dries in the sun the next day. Ewwww! Lol!

@jozkid. Hahaha, with the ones like that on my driveway,  we could start our own business!!! UCK!!!😜😖

I’ve always wanted to be an entrepreneur @yankeefaithful!

37,911 Replies
testing