Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

@prettyinpa  That's a FANTASTIC idea!!!!!!!!!

@sabrinas  Congratulations!!!! YOu are going to be fit and fine at that new job!!!! HOw about reading some novels??? Or books on Astrophysics? That's what I would do with my free time besides cooking and walking. LOL!

Anonymous Insider

Way to go on Graduation and the new job @sabrinas

Congrats @sabrinas! How exciting! 

Once the weather starts getting warm, my city offers tons of free things to do outside. Lots of outdoor movie nights, free exercise classes, free dance classes, random concerts, and of course street festivals and food crawls. It helps that the New England area is a total wasteland during the winter so once the temp gets above freezing, people just invade the outdoors! Free museum days are also a great idea, though sadly, lots of cities are cutting back on this. BUT, libraries sometimes offer discount/free passes (weird, right?)

You could play tourist for a day/week, look up architectural walking tours (one of my fave things to do in Chicago), maybe mini road trips, long bike rides/hikes? If all else fails, maybe some DIY projects at home? 

@MissPuff @sabrinas Bank of America gives you free admission to the MFA in Boston the first Saturday of every month. All you have to do is show your credit or debit card. I’m sure there must be other cities where they do the same 

Also, try your local library for classes or movies for free. I know my local library has stuff scheduled pretty much every night, and often the day too!

@jozkid Oh I forgot about this! I was actually AT the MFA recently on the 1st Saturday of month and was reminded of this, but I think BoA is a terrible company, so sadly, I am not a BoA customer 🙂 

@sabrinas Detroit! Great city for hidden architectural finds and Belle Island is a treasure! 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/26/travel/architecture-detroit-albert-kahn.html

@MissPuff I despise BOA as well. They come up with reasons to make you pay for things. Unfortunately they are located everywhere which is the only reason I use them. We have accounts elsewhere as well

@jozkid  I'm not fond of them either.  A local politician who was heavily involved with that bank (I think he was a board member, but I don't remember) supposedly resigned but still had enough clout to pull some underhanded and possibly illegal actions with the BoA's help. 

@MissPuff@SpaceLlama Oh yes good ideas! I can drive to detroit and go to a few museums, I might as well!! My direct area doesnt have much to do but thankfully im not far from some towns and detroit really isnt too far away either.  

Congrats on the new job, @sabrinas! I don't know how things are where you live, but museums here tend to be cheaper or free for students on certain days so maybe visiting a few could be cool. Also don't forget to check out local events or festivals! If you live in or near a city there should be quite a few cheap or free ones. Going hiking or just walking around on a beautiful day always gets my spirits up and then I go eat ice cream or Starbucks to cool off. 😊

@SpaceLlama Hello there! I feel like I haven't seen your name pop up in quite some time! Welcome back 🙂 

Thank you, @MissPuff! I haven't been on for a while, but I'm glad to be back! 😊

lol enjoy the time while you can @sabrinas ! you'll be missing the days where you had nothing to do!! It's deff hard to find cheap things to do though. I feel like coffee shops and books are the way to go. A coffee isn't super expensive but it gets you out of the house and you can hang out in the shops for a few hours and read a book or bring your laptop.  

I'm not sure where you live - if you're near museums during the week days they are so much less crowded it's great

@Kim888 Lol so many people have told me to enjoy it, I am trying! I just like working as sad as that may sound hah! I think I will take books and my laptop to a coffee place and just chill out.  Thats cheap and cheerful!

@sabrinas  Congratulations on the job!  That is so exciting!  I won't be of any help to you for cheap fun suggestions as I like to shop online for bargains for my fun. 😉

Congrats @sabrinas! I always like seeing what the library has to offer. The magazine section is one of my fave spots to sit down and read for a bit. They also have a decent selection of movies to borrow. 

@sabrinas Congrats on graduating!! 🎉

One activity I enjoy this time of year is taking photos of the flowers blooming at my local parks. It is so relaxing, and free of course! ❤️

Volunteer at an animal shelter for a bit @sabrinas!

@jozkid Oh good idea, I do LOVE animals! Ill see if theres one near me, that would be so fun!

This is a BoxyCharm Instagram post that I just had to share! 😉

B1EFFA79-9C3E-44CA-B684-9C020E6A7D2E.jpeg

OMG!  I'm still trying to catch up, but just realized I've surpassed 75,000 hearts! 

Thank you so much for all the love, y'all! 

I have met so many amazing people in this community and I am so happy to find my tribe of beauty addicts!    xoxoxoxoxo

thanksforthelove.jpg

37,912 Replies
testing