Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

@eshoe So happy someone else remembers the Swiss Colony!

As for the grocery store, if I went there regularly I'd definitely complain about the filling.

@greeneyedgirl107 didn’t they include a catalog, too? So many good memories 😂

@eshoe yes!  They still have those catalogs, last I knew. I got one and it was fun to go through. 

@greeneyedgirl107 I wonder if they happened to sell fruitcake. I remember getting one of those one year from him, and it was my first and last time trying one. Maybe it’s an acquired taste!

@eshoe I wouldn't be surprised if they did sell fruitcake.  Fruitcake has such a bad reputation that I actually want to try it someday!  

@greeneyedgirl107 I suspect all of the talk about fruitcake is what incited my daughter (8 at the time) to ask for fruitcake for her birthday. I found a place that sold it, and bought her one (way overpriced) but she has never asked for another one since. 

I admire that you want to try it! If you do, and like it, I have a family recipe for holiday bread you might enjoy, too. I love the bread 🍞

@eshoe Bread is wonderful!!!

@greeneyedgirl107 I am not currently able to send a PM, apparently I have reached my limit. Will try again later.

@eshoe No problem.  I've had that happen to me before 🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 sending you a PM 🙂

I remember both Swiss Colony and Hickory Farms @greeneyedgirl107 @eshoe . Hickory Farms would open stores during the Holidays at our local malls. My son worked at Hickory Farms while he was in high school and college. My favorite product is the original cheese balls. My son used to help close the mall stores after the holidays. He would tell us when the 75% off sale was starting so we had a head start on choosing items. 

@Loretta55 did you stock your freezer?😂 That sounds like a pretty ideal situation! I think I remember those…they were covered in crushed walnuts. When I finally bought a grinder for walnuts, I found the kind my Mom had.

Spoiler
D0A2490F-7675-499E-AE82-62513C71A56C.jpeg

I used it the other day and couldn’t believe how inefficient it felt compared to just smashing them with my meat tenderizer. But it worked! Lots of chocolate chip cookies were made with help from this years ago.

At the time we definitely stocked our freezer @eshoe . We mainly purchased the gift sets and everyone had their favorites from those sets. Thanks to my son’s discount, we received some non perishable items as Christmas gifts from work. The cheese balls sold out quickly. I also have a walnut grinder but I have not used it In awhile.

@Loretta55 can't beat 75% off!

I miss those days @greeneyedgirl107. He used to bring home the leftover samples that were given to the customers. 

It sounds like you have a lot of good memories, @Loretta55 🥲 And he sounds like a very considerate and thoughtful young man.

Those are some awesome memories @eshoe! We usually had cheese balls in our house during the holidays. He originally got his job when he went to purchase some cheese balls for my husband’s birthday and the manager asked him if he was interested in working there. He worked at at Hickory Farms each year until he got a permanent job. He has only the best memories of working there.

That is a great story, @Loretta55. It sounds like it was a wonderful place to work, and helped to make some memories for the whole family😊

Congratulations, @MvLL🍨🍻

Many Thanks, @curlychiquita !

@MvLL Congratulations!!! 🥳🎉

4 Replies
testing