Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

It looks yummy!!!! I'm so glad you liked it @eshoe!!!

It was great thanks to you, @veronika23๐Ÿ˜Š So much fun to try, too. I think the curds were pretty good ones, I lucked out there. Iโ€™ll be on the lookout for this in restaurants now, just to compare notes;)

So happy you had good curds to make it!   Hahaha yeah it's always good to compare notes on this. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜„ @eshoe 

@eshoe   That looks delicious!

It was so good, @Indy701 - verrrrry rich though!

Sorry that gravy is too tangy to me @eshoe . The photo is beautiful!

I was surprised at the tang, @Loretta55! But it was so much better than the biscuits-n-gravy sauce at the restaurant.

I am not fond of gravy @eshoe . When I went to NYC with my son before Christmas last year he ordered poutine from the French Fry Shop. I have not had poutine in a couple of years so I tasted his and that tangy taste was enough to not take a second bite.

Maybe itโ€™s a kind of taste you have to grow up with, @Loretta55๐Ÿค”Mashed potatoes and gravy were standards for me. I think if I didnโ€™t grow up with it, Iโ€™d probably find it very unappealing.

Mashed potatoes and chicken ornturkey gravy (from baking a chicken or a turkey) mmmm.  And beef roast. With gravy mmm.

@eshoe 

Because you've had mashed potatoes and gravy growing up poutine isn't as big of a stretch to you than someone who has never had gravy with their fries or mashed potatoes.

Iโ€™m definitely seeing a connection here, @l8totheparty ๐Ÿ˜„

You are probably correct @eshoe. I can not remember eating mashed potatoes and gravy as a child.

My daughter (who isnโ€™t growing up with it) thinks itโ€™s gross @Loretta55. I think that might be it๐Ÿ˜‰

Ok, I am now craving poutine.  There's a great restaurant near me that serves delicious poutine!  But typically poutine isn't best for delivery (soggy fries after sitting for too long), and I don't have time to go out for lunch! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Perils of adulthood.

@eshoe 

Enjoy your poutine!  I love it ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Yes it was a little tricky, @l8totheparty. I had to cook the fries in batches and waited until they were all finished to layer everything. Once it was plated, it was time to eat right away๐Ÿ˜„

RE: Re: THE PARTY THREAD

Iโ€™m Canadian do this probably goes without saying but poutine is my favourite ๐Ÿ˜ that looks delicious. My problem is that Iโ€™m lactose intolerant but luckily for me a place a few minutes from my house has a great vegan poutine!

Re: RE: Re: THE PARTY THREAD

Thank you @KehDee I take that as the highest compliment! So they use vegan cheese? I tried that a couple of times; once was not so hot and the other time (at a restaurant) it was pretty good.

@eshoe  @veronika23  Yasssss! Way to poutine the effort (๐Ÿฅ ๐Ÿ˜‚to create a pretty good reproduction of our glorious dish ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Thanks @PinkEvergreen I tried๐Ÿ˜„!

@eshoe  I have to admit, at first I thought this was candy from old town san diego, but when I opened it and saw what it was it looks so delicious.

Oooh What kind of candy @Anastasiya13? Will be there soon and Iโ€™m curious now!

testing