Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Thanks, @Loretta55! The backup travel bag is a great idea.

Thanks, @Loretta55! The backup travel bag is a great idea.

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

Guys... I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST!!! 😊🍾🎉

I’m so happy and the test was so easy that I definitely didn’t need to stress as much as I did, lol. Next stop, buying a car!

Congratulations! Way to go @hunterkathleen!!!

Congratulations! Way to go @HunterKathleen!!!

Re: Congratulations! Way to go @hunterkathleen!!!

Thank you!

Congratulations @HunterKathleen!!! I had to retake my DL when I moved to CA a few years ago, it was much more terrifying than when I was 16. Love that freedom though 🙂

Did you have to take both the written and road test @eshoe ? If I ever had to retake the written test I would definitely have to study for it.

I had to take both @Loretta55. The driving part was the worst, it crossed my mind that I might not be able to drive again. That freedom...lost 😂 thank goodness I passed.

Omg congratulations!! 🎉🚗🚘🚙

Know what features you need in a car, and what your price point is and stick with it!  I'm sure you've heard that many times already 😉

@HunterKathleen 

I have a pretty good chunk of money saved up for a down payment, so I’m hoping I can afford to budget for a newer car! Fingers crossed I find a good deal somewhere. 🤞🏻

Congratulations @HunterKathleengetting drivers license is liberating !! And totally know what you mean by being overwhelmed by car options. One good place to start is consumer reports for narrowing down manufacturers. Also Kelly Blue book for figuring out approx value range if you are looking at used one.

you might already have that infor though 😀

Thanks, I’ll keep these in mind! I’m also going to some of my more car-knowledgeable coworkers for their advice so hopefully I come out with something good. 😁

Congrats @HunterKathleen @that’s so exciting!

Thank you! I’m extremely excited, it’s been a long time coming. I spent all last night looking up different car makes and models to try and figure out what I want. There’s so many options. 😱

So many thanks to give to all you lovely people!! So thanks @Loretta55 @curlychiquita @suzyo @lmaster @DaneeBT @missjeanie @tsavorite @faeriegirl and last but not least @SportyGirly125 !

I’m so excited to not be stressing over the driver’s manual every night before bed lol. And I feel a little silly telling everyone I just now got my driver’s license at 23 years old when most people get it at 16, but better late than never right? 😂

I’ve been looking at cars since I left the DMV earlier too and boy... is this overwhelming or what. Cars are so expensive! And I have no idea what I want from a vehicle! And INSURANCE prices! I’m gonna faint.

Yep @HunterKathleen, Florida and insurance prices are not friends. My parents were shocked when they moved down. Their rates from Ohio practically tripled.

Yikes! 

I’m at least hoping it won’t be crazy high because of my age. I know 16 yo drivers tend to get REALLY high rates... so I hope being 23 and not a reckless teenager would work to my advantage. 😛

@HunterKathleen  Congratulations!! Nothing wrong with being a new driver at 23 — it means you have more maturity, judgement, and life experience than you did at 16. I can honestly tell you that, even though I was a very level-headed and responsible teenager, I was not ready to have a licence at 16. I thought the DMV was dumb for thinking I was prepared enough! 🤭

That is true! I remember when I was in high school I knew plenty of people who probably should've have had a learner's permit granted to them, let alone a real license!

@HunterKathleen  I was the same age when I got my license. It was a month before my 23rd birthday. I just didn't need it 🙂

That's pretty much my situation! I probably don't NEED a license or a car... I can get by. But it sure does make things easier!

My mom was in her late forties when she finally passed her drivers test @HunterKathleen . Thinking back we always lived close to bus routes. Some of my fondest memories of my childhood was aboard those busses. Supermarkets were within walking distance of our home. I did receive my drivers license at 17 years old.

Good luck with the car search!

1 Reply
testing