Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

@sprocketta I haven't tried it, but I will definitely check it out!

Thank you @Brutalitops I am excited for you! I hope this job brings you much joy. I know searching is stressful and I'm grateful to finally get a new opportunity. I live in Chicago and actually went to college in WI at Carroll College. My sister lives in the Kenosha area and we went to brunch a few months ago in Milwaukee. It's a good city. I hope you are very happy there.

@sprocketta Kenosha (and Chicago for that matter) are so close! We're practically neighbors lol. I do like having the option to visit Chicago, but I definitely like it in Milwaukee. I heard great things about Carroll and Chicago has so many fun things going on. Congrats again, good luck in this new chapter!

Congratulations to you also @Brutalitops ! I love hearing that someone is working at a job that brings them personal fulfillment. Hope this will be a good stepping stone for your career.

Thanks @Loretta55 ! I'm sure it will be, I feel very fortunate to have gotten a good job out of college (even though I hated it lol) with a great company in a fantastic city where there are so many career opportunities for me. My degree is in food science, so while Milwaukee is not super glamorous by most people's standards, I'm at least not stuck in the middle of Nebraska! 

It just feels like one of those moments where the stars have finally aligned and all my persistence has paid off and I'm looking forward to having the opportunity to spread my wings and reach my full potential (or at least some larger portion of it)

@Brutalitops , Milwaukee sounds exciting to me because I have never visited Wisconsin. Your location is not too bad because you live close by Chicago. Hope you did not have to move for your position. 

Food Science sounds like it could be an interesting field to get involved in. I have limited knowledge of it though. My first degree was in Fashion Buying & Merchandising. I also have credits towards an accounting degree. Today I work in the travel business.

@Loretta55 It's clearly the hillbilly in me but I'm more convinced by the day Wisconsin is the best place in the world lol. The new job is closer to where I live downtown, so I can bike to work in the same time it currently takes to drive, which is a HUGE bonus. Now the one time a week I actually get to the gym will be an appropriate amount of physical activity.

The food industry is super interesting to me, but also super small so you run in to the same people over and over. Fun fact, I am a licensed cheesemaker, and Wisconsin is the only state that requires you have a license to produce cheese

I may take a cheese making class during my next vacation @Brutalitops . I wish that cheese did not contain so much sodium because I feel uncomfortable and swollen when I eat too much of it. 

Do not lose the “hillbilly” in you. I enjoy that quality in people.

@Loretta55 No doubt, cheese is definitely not a health food. At the place I worked in my college years, we gave classes to whole foods employees in their cheese department, which was super interesting. I doubt the Hillbilly is going anywhere, for better or worse

I'll miss your cubicle lip pics but I'm so excited for you @sprocketta! Congratulations on your new job and try to visit BIC when you have free time. Good luck with paying down some debt and increasing savings. Make that money!

Thanks @ShortErica It's a really small office so I don't think I'll have a cubicle anymore. I don't think I'll miss that. But I'll definitely stay on BIC.

Congratulations on the new job @sprocketta So exciting!

Thanks @missjeanie I can't wait!

Congratulations @sprocketta! I hope you love it❤️

Thanks @faeriegirl me too!

That's awesome, @sprocketta!  I hope you love your new job!

Thanks @curlychiquita I'm so excited.

Congratulations @sprocketta!! That is wonderful news. Will this be a career change? 

@Loretta55 thanks! I work as a paralegal at my current job related to residential real estate, collections and mortgages. This is another paralegal position in the area of property tax appeals. A lot of my skills and knowledge will transfer but I will be learning as well.

I wish that I could appeal my property taxes @sprocketta . I feel that I am paying more and more each year yet I feel services have been cut. That is what I get for living in a bedroom community of NYC.

@Loretta55 I interned at my county's treasurer's office during college and sat in on an appeals board. It was fascinating. People would bring in pictures of how terrible their house was to get their value and taxes reduced.

testing