Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

hallelujah-squirrel-edited.png

giphy0097.gif

RE: THE PARTY THREAD

Aw I remember the old BeautyTalk! I got invited to the relaunch party in LA for the new and improved online community but sadly I couldn’t attend. I wish I could be as active on here as I once was, I remember looking up to all of the top contributors so much.

Re: RE: THE PARTY THREAD

@gillian321 I regret not attending that relaunch party! It was so last minute to get the days off from work and get a plane ticket. It was doable but would have been a hassle but I would have met so many BT'ers had I gone 😞

Re: RE: THE PARTY THREAD

Hi @gillian321! Is it because you find it hard to navigate? Or you just don't have as much time to dedicate to the community? TBH I've stuck around but I don't like the new platform and wish it was BT again. A lot of people have left since the switch... I miss them. 😞

RE: Re: RE: THE PARTY THREAD

Actually I do find it a bit hard to navigate. I also remember it was a lot easier to reach more people and actually get to know them and get more feedback on threads I started. I definitely don’t have as much time now so I can’t blame it all on the new platform but I think that’s part of it. It looks more complicated now. I was actually the highest status of contributors for quite some time and it was really fun and easy to be a part of, not so much pressure to “be active” to be able to enjoy the community. I’ve noticed I don’t recognize any familiar names from BT, although I’m using a different account too so others might’ve done the same. We’re you using this username on BT as well?

Re: RE: Re: RE: THE PARTY THREAD

@gillian321yes. 🙂 That's been my nickname since I joined.  What was yours on BT?  I find tagging really helps with conversations... that way people know you've replied to them and you know when they reply to you and there are less chances your comments get lost. 🙂

Oh I just saw this now! Haha, my user was smartmint. There's one user I've been trying to remember for weeks, she was a very top contributor, something with apple and moose? Do you remember? I can't.

Oh oh ok. Sorry that doesn't ring a bell @gillian321 😞

This is gonna sound like the silliest question, but how does this whole ranking system work?! 😂 is it based on ❤️s, posts, overall engagement? I can’t seem to find any solid answers anywhere!

@cianni At one point @fieldsofclover was pretty close to cracking the Ranking Algorithm, but just when you get close..it does something to confuse you. 

It may/may not have to do with amount of reviews, it may/may not have to do with how many different groups you post it, it may/may not have to do with whether you log in from a computer or a device or both (also app vs desktop), may/may not have to do with post count, may/may not have to do with photo uploads, may/may not have to do with hearts given/received, may/may not have to do with threads started. We. Just. Don't. Know. 4HnRkHk77nStQSGxgi.gif

LOL the ever-elusive algorithm @GG846A447C4F-D2D4-4B74-8DA9-3637994D6D47.jpeg

Best answer @cianni?  No one really knows. Some people seem to fly through ranks and others seem to stagnate. It’s best to just participate in the threads you want to, make friends, and try to make the ranks something that sorta happens now and again. You’ll be accepted by the members as long as you’re nice and helpful and respectful (and you are), so no worries 

@ciannijust like @jozkid said no one really knows... She gave you the best advice! Just have fun and your rank will go up! Promise! 🙂

Thanks guys! @veronika23 @jozkid  I’m not too worried about rank - I’m just here for all the community feels 💕 even though him kinda new everyone has been SO lovely!! Such a nice thing to be a part of 🥰 so thankful for you all!

@cianni  it's a great community! Happy you are here! 🙂

45574332_10156224552588208_2891274908816375808_n.png

So I wanted to share this milestone with you guys, but it kind of slipped past me a bit CD636591-3921-4FAD-AAC5-068F0E75ED01.jpeg

Aaaand here’s the reason why....0F86D1DD-33A1-4CDD-956E-9575735C1C87.jpeg

That’s my knee in a big fat brace. I had surgery Friday for a medial meniscal root tear repair. I told a few people here before it happened, but I thought I’d share now. I’ve got to wear this thing and be on crutches for 6 weeks (no weight on this leg!). Aaaggghhh!  Anyway, just wanted to fill y’all in @Ispend2much6 @ZombieMetroAnt @Loretta55 @heartsmyface. And please notice those socks that have come in real handy @Tamara76! Please forgive me if I sound a little scattered (soooo many drugs!). Anyway, I’m doing well. Doc says the surgery went well and I should be happy with the results after these 6 weeks. Send good vibes my way if you will!

@jozkidAwe no!! Hope you won't be in pain for much longer, and wishing you a speedy and healthy fast recovery. Congrats on leveling up!

Thank you @Samtian. I stopped the oxycodone already so I’m not in a lot of pain, but the recuperation is super long. 

Ah @jozkid nooo! I wish you the speediest recovery! Was missing you on some of the other threads 😢 Glad to hear the surgery went well! Sending allllll the good vibes your way 💕

3 Replies
testing