Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

I'm afraid of the possible friction, too @heartsmyface. Especially if the follower stats have anything to do with the ranking. 😞

Aww you're sweet @lmi82 ❤ I can't click on any profiles so far either. 

Yup I know what you mean.. I wish we had access to disable the feature..or they just reworded as "friends" again. I cringe at the thought that the number of followers will effect things on our profiles like going up from rookie etc..in that case I will be rookie for life lol. Also, what if we don't want someone to follow us (like a troll) unlike IG, we can't even block them eek. 

I liked it better on BT where we were all equal and no one was keeping score.  @lmi82  I'm afraid it's just going to create unnecessary friction. 

I'm so confused lately

I feel like we all just fell down the rabbit holeIMG_4573.GIF

@heartsmyface I couldnt respond directly to your comment so here i am... What a fun memory that you stumbled upon 😂😂😂 I got engaged over 2 years ago and have been married for a little over a year now so I think it's hilarious that that even popped up! Lol...my sentimental self knows exactly what post you're referring to and what I'm wearing and how I'm posing because I didnt know how to pose lol. I'm weird.

samsies @PaletteAddict99 😔

@Anewxa  @PaletteAddict99  I'm following you both!  I don't really get what it means to follow or be followed on this site and I can't figure out to tell who is following me or who I have already followed, so I'm trying to follow anyone I normally talk to here. 🙂

Hopefully, this comment doesn't get buried -I've been afraid to reply to people (when replying is an option) because I don't want my responses to get lost...  Someone recommended sorting from oldest to newest to see comments attached to posts, but then recent posts seem to be scattered randomly across the boards and all of time and space.

I am just waiting for the bugs to be worked out...

@Anewxa Don't be sad.

I only have two followers and I have no clue who they are either.

We don't have to pay attention to the popularity list thing. We are all the same BT family that we were before where some post more and some post less (like me) but we all have our own significance that shines through and that makes the community whole.

@PaletteAddict99 Except everything is in black and white.  

@heartsmyface TRUE! It's so stark down here LOL

honestly I can't even figure out how to get a post or a reply to go in the right spot or which page is first or last. And I too am often now going down memory lane. 

Ok maybe instead we are on Mr Todes wild ride.

ill go try to find the Disney thread to cross post hahaha

Well said @missjeanie! Now what about those nested conversations we all so took for granted? C'mon newBT. Get it together!

@fairlywell oh the things we miss when we neglect to appreciate them in the first place, lol.

I've been copying responses, hitting reply to whatever I can reply to within the same thread, hitting the "Quote" button, & replacing the text with what I am responding to in the hopes it will make sense 🙈

ElleElleG wrote:

@fairlywell oh the things we miss when we neglect to appreciate them in the first place, lol.

I've been copying responses, hitting reply to whatever I can reply to within the same thread, hitting the "Quote" button, & replacing the text with what I am responding to in the hopes it will make sense 🙈

Just when you think you're finally figuring things out.  On the bright side I just got to reread  @SDdenm announcing she was engaged!  What a nice involuntary trip down memory lane:) 

Despite floating around the new community I feel a bit disconnected. Like people are here but not really and I'm not sure if it's because the home page has fewer threads on it, if people have left, or what 😕

@ElleElleG @Ispend2much6 It's like being at a huge house party with 50 guests except the house has 20 party rooms so it looks like no one showed up.  

@heartsmyface  It's definitely an odd emotion. 

@ElleElleG  I was just talking about this yesterday.  Everything seems so segmented, not a big happy community where you could bop around in.

@ElleElleG I am feeling that as well. The algorithm for the front page of Conversations seems to make it pretty hard to tell where the conversations are actually happening. They don't consistently show the latest comment, so it feels like people haven't posted for hours. Also, the layout, making the thread feed narrow and long with so much white space is feeding the feeling of desolation!

Abyss.png

@NotCrocker yes! It's throwing me off. And I haven't been able to click on the comment shown. Before it would redirect you to where the conversation was. 

Glad you confirmed the latest posts weren't necessarily the most recent in a thread. I thought I was losing it, lol. 

@NotCrocker That's definitely it! I think (hope) the migration of threads is a factor as well. But I do think the new look is a big change. I feel like the developers didn't understand how much conversation happens because of comfort. (@lyravega too)

Me too, @ElleElleG. I'm hoping that we can bring it back after the developer tornado passes. It's all just white space around the people, right?

testing