Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

@ElleElleG ❤❤❤ 

I think we need a "followers" party soon for everyone lol.. 

@heartsmyfaceI was able to follow you on the computer yesterday but neither @Anewxa nor @lmi82 s profiles were working. Now on mobile they came up fine. 

I never knew you could see friends before. It wasn't something I fully understood  so I didn't use. 

Jumping in to add that I hate that this

is being seen as/may be seen as/ or used as a point of contention. The mods noted previously that moving up in rank** wasn't based on any one thing: followers, posting photos, hearts, etc. Hoping that was/is fully accurate. 

@ElleElleG But it's weird cause now you can't see who those friends are anymore. 😕 I can't see who I'm following or who is following me.  It's like being stalked. 

@Anewxa@lmi82 Both your pages are showing up as a blank screen or I'd totally follow you two:(. The following thing is stupid.  I can't see any useful function of it other than to make people feel bad.  

@Anewxa No clue what that's about.  It seems like something that the Mods would be more interested in than the general public.  It would be a good gauge to keep track of who is active and who is losing interest in the boards...We don't need to see that.  

@heartsmyface @Anewxa @lmi82 I'm feeling the same way. The "follower" thing is creepy to me, plus you can't even see who they are. So like Hearts said, it feels like an imaginary stalker. 

I'm laying low here and trying to be patient. Also, I have nothing nice to say so as the proverb goes, I need to just remain quiet. But this is a huge bummer to me. I just got back into BT a few weeks ago after being in a major slump. It was helping me feel happy and excited again. This has kind of set me back a bit. It's just too hard to naviagate. I'll pop in and out to see if things get fixed, but I don't see myself posting much anytime soon. I can't post pics, can't seem to follow the threads and it's just frustrating me. 

Thanks for following me @heartsmyface. 🙂 😄

I have no clue what the whole following thing does either. At first, I thought that I'd give you updates (like user x has joined blank group), but that would be extremely annoying (especially if you follow a lot of people). I don't know what to make of it. I think Sephora just wants to copy Instagram. It's just all about popularity. 

@Anewxa Don't even get me started on those other rankings, LOL! It's just so ridiculous. This is a beauty fourm, not a contest. 

@heartsmyface so I can't reply to your reply lol.. well I have no clue what happens..haha can you see my recent purchases (hope not)..I think maybe we are able to track what the followed peeps have been upto (where they post/comment etc aka stalking).

Awhh Thanks for following me 😘 I was already following you hehe (and anyone I could click on!)  ❤

@heartsmyface It really is stupid and I know it will totally bother me even if I say it won't. I preffered if I wasn't able to see who followed who. Yup, I can't click profiles either just yet.

I also find the ranking at the bottom of the "home" page useless..why do I need to know who the all time/6 month or 24hrs ranker is based on their hearts?! 👿

@Anewxa@lmi82 Omg i just checked again and I can all of a sudden follow you two!  Weird.  Okay so now that I'm following you...what happens differently?  Did anything change?  Do I have better access to your posts or something?  So confused. 

You have one more follower than me @Anewxa! 😉 😄 

Anyway, I've decided to not even pay attention to the whole follower thing. A lot of the profile links are not even working, so the follower numbers are definitely not accurate. If users could access each other's profiles, a lot more following action would be going on. I am still sad that we have this feature now. I have never been popular in any aspect of my life, so I don't think it will be much different on here. I know it shouldn't bother me, but it kind of does. 

I didn't even think about the trolls! Yikes! That would be awful @Anewxa. 😞

I'm afraid of the possible friction, too @heartsmyface. Especially if the follower stats have anything to do with the ranking. 😞

Aww you're sweet @lmi82 ❤ I can't click on any profiles so far either. 

Yup I know what you mean.. I wish we had access to disable the feature..or they just reworded as "friends" again. I cringe at the thought that the number of followers will effect things on our profiles like going up from rookie etc..in that case I will be rookie for life lol. Also, what if we don't want someone to follow us (like a troll) unlike IG, we can't even block them eek. 

I liked it better on BT where we were all equal and no one was keeping score.  @lmi82  I'm afraid it's just going to create unnecessary friction. 

I'm so confused lately

I feel like we all just fell down the rabbit holeIMG_4573.GIF

@heartsmyface I couldnt respond directly to your comment so here i am... What a fun memory that you stumbled upon 😂😂😂 I got engaged over 2 years ago and have been married for a little over a year now so I think it's hilarious that that even popped up! Lol...my sentimental self knows exactly what post you're referring to and what I'm wearing and how I'm posing because I didnt know how to pose lol. I'm weird.

samsies @PaletteAddict99 😔

@Anewxa  @PaletteAddict99  I'm following you both!  I don't really get what it means to follow or be followed on this site and I can't figure out to tell who is following me or who I have already followed, so I'm trying to follow anyone I normally talk to here. 🙂

Hopefully, this comment doesn't get buried -I've been afraid to reply to people (when replying is an option) because I don't want my responses to get lost...  Someone recommended sorting from oldest to newest to see comments attached to posts, but then recent posts seem to be scattered randomly across the boards and all of time and space.

I am just waiting for the bugs to be worked out...

@Anewxa Don't be sad.

I only have two followers and I have no clue who they are either.

We don't have to pay attention to the popularity list thing. We are all the same BT family that we were before where some post more and some post less (like me) but we all have our own significance that shines through and that makes the community whole.

@PaletteAddict99 Except everything is in black and white.  

6 Replies
testing