Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

@heartsmyface TRUE! It's so stark down here LOL

honestly I can't even figure out how to get a post or a reply to go in the right spot or which page is first or last. And I too am often now going down memory lane. 

Ok maybe instead we are on Mr Todes wild ride.

ill go try to find the Disney thread to cross post hahaha

Well said @missjeanie! Now what about those nested conversations we all so took for granted? C'mon newBT. Get it together!

@fairlywell oh the things we miss when we neglect to appreciate them in the first place, lol.

I've been copying responses, hitting reply to whatever I can reply to within the same thread, hitting the "Quote" button, & replacing the text with what I am responding to in the hopes it will make sense 🙈

ElleElleG wrote:

@fairlywell oh the things we miss when we neglect to appreciate them in the first place, lol.

I've been copying responses, hitting reply to whatever I can reply to within the same thread, hitting the "Quote" button, & replacing the text with what I am responding to in the hopes it will make sense 🙈

Just when you think you're finally figuring things out.  On the bright side I just got to reread  @SDdenm announcing she was engaged!  What a nice involuntary trip down memory lane:) 

Despite floating around the new community I feel a bit disconnected. Like people are here but not really and I'm not sure if it's because the home page has fewer threads on it, if people have left, or what 😕

@ElleElleG @Ispend2much6 It's like being at a huge house party with 50 guests except the house has 20 party rooms so it looks like no one showed up.  

@heartsmyface  It's definitely an odd emotion. 

@ElleElleG  I was just talking about this yesterday.  Everything seems so segmented, not a big happy community where you could bop around in.

@ElleElleG I am feeling that as well. The algorithm for the front page of Conversations seems to make it pretty hard to tell where the conversations are actually happening. They don't consistently show the latest comment, so it feels like people haven't posted for hours. Also, the layout, making the thread feed narrow and long with so much white space is feeding the feeling of desolation!

Abyss.png

@NotCrocker yes! It's throwing me off. And I haven't been able to click on the comment shown. Before it would redirect you to where the conversation was. 

Glad you confirmed the latest posts weren't necessarily the most recent in a thread. I thought I was losing it, lol. 

@NotCrocker That's definitely it! I think (hope) the migration of threads is a factor as well. But I do think the new look is a big change. I feel like the developers didn't understand how much conversation happens because of comfort. (@lyravega too)

Me too, @ElleElleG. I'm hoping that we can bring it back after the developer tornado passes. It's all just white space around the people, right?

@fairlywell I'm probably being impatient. The new layout has a pretty large learning curve so I'm hoping that's it... users learning the new system and mods correcting some of the mishaps. 

I agree though, the people make the space not the other way around. 

@lyravega you'll never be left behind 💕

Once the dust settles, you'll see, it'll be back to community vibes in no time.

@ElleElleG  Right? I don't have that nice sense of community anymore... Maybe it's just me. But, this new BT is cold, distant, generic and not really "community oriented". BT was like home away from home. This new place is like new high school with it's following, and followers, and most popular kids lists... Baaa. I think we had a perfect, and pretty special thing going on... And, now it's gone. And, I want it back. There. I said it.

@ ElleElleG 

My brain is fried. Too tired. And, I should've long been in bed. By mentioning following and followers and popularity boards that are visible to all on the right side of the main page, and in groups... And everything else... It was more of a summery... I was referring to concerns I've seen around in many threads, probably the same thing you mentioned seeing... But, was obviously unable to communicate it properly. Things that worry me seeing people talking about the way they talk about them. And, then my personal blues over losing the "safe" place, old BT...  And, the big, confusing change. I just wanted to let some quick blues out over the whole situation, merging it all together into one blur of a though it seems, without much dissection and analysis. Sorry ( not sorry? ). I didn't expect I'd get shrinked over it like that. It seems to me you are bothered by it more than I am. I was emotional and wanted to let it out. I get it, it is all my fault for not getting into detail and being clear. You can't read my mind. But, it was not about the detail anyway. If you know what I mean at all? It was just supposed to be quick emotional vent. Not something to hold on to and make a big deal out of it.

Again, I am not bothered by it. To me it doesn't matter. ( Or does it, now that I am mentioning it again? 😄 ) I don't even know how to make it clear anymore. Not that I care anymore either. But, I can see it does bother some people, and it could be a cause for drama, people leaving, or other get discouraged from posting and getting involved... And, that's why I mentioned it.

I only saw following thing on my own profile. I can't even see other people's profiles. But, I heard people talking about it a lot and not liking it. Not a good feel for a new community.

Does this help? Or your ear still itches? 😄

@missjeanie wrote:

I think you both bring up very real points.  I'm not by any means tech savvy and I'm very cautious right now about how to navigate my way around, and I'm sure others are as well.  I would think there are likely a lot of people from BT community who were largely 'creeping' and occasionally posting who will take a bit of time to see the flow of the new boards before jumping back into contributing.  I'm not crazy about the same feeling of some small popularity contests starting either.  I'm sure it would never be intentional from the ladies and gents who are regulars but I could see how it would be very intimidating to new comers.  I just hope that people aren't discouraged over the next few weeks of 'break in time' as I know how welcoming and helpful everyone here really is! And what a wonderful space this can be!

Thanks for sharing @missjeanie I certainly hope people don't get too discouraged by all the changes!  It makes sense that people would lurk before jumping in full swing.  The last thing I want is for us to lose any of our old BTers or for any new community members to feel left out 😕

lyravega wrote:

@ElleElleG  I just said it didn't bother me. I was just observing things. Forget about following. That's the least of it. How is that of all I said you picked on that the most? I am too tired to lay out my thoughts coherently obviously ( and English being my third language is not helping either ). I was just talking about not feeling these changes in general. I'm probably just mourning the lose of old BT is all. ( Darn you PMS! Making me too emotional. ) Talking out loud. Should've kept my mouth shut.

Lyra over and out.

tenor

@lyravega you said it didn't bother you but mentioned the popularity bit twice.  I was trying to understand why I've seen similar references to having the following/followers component and user popularity in various threads since the transition.  This is also why I noted that the counts were only visible if you go to view someone's profile (to my knowledge) because I wanted to know if that was what was meant by popularity or if it was something else. 

It was a genuine question that I thought was safe to ask because of all the posts I've seen mentioning these things they were not by people I had interacted with personally and I knew you had been around a bit.  Understanding what is contributing to these feelings may help those of us who want the board to feel more harmonious counteract the point(s) of contention.  Sorry I asked, I just like to try to understand the perspective of others whether or not it aligns with my own.

@ElleElleG  I just said it didn't bother me. I was just observing things. Forget about following. That's the least of it. How is that of all I said you picked on that the most? I am too tired to lay out my thoughts coherently obviously ( and English being my third language is not helping either ). I was just talking about not feeling these changes in general. I'm probably just mourning the lose of old BT is all. ( Darn you PMS! Making me too emotional. ) Talking out loud. Should've known better. Should've kept my mouth shut.

Lyra over and out.

@ElleElleG@lyravega I think you both bring up very real points.  I'm not by any means tech savvy and I'm very cautious right now about how to navigate my way around, and I'm sure others are as well.  I would think there are likely a lot of people from BT community who were largely 'creeping' and occasionally posting who will take a bit of time to see the flow of the new boards before jumping back into contributing.  I'm not crazy about the same feeling of some small popularity contests starting either.  I'm sure it would never be intentional from the ladies and gents who are regulars but I could see how it would be very intimidating to new comers.  I just hope that people aren't discouraged over the next few weeks of 'break in time' as I know how welcoming and helpful everyone here really is! And what a wonderful space this can be!

testing